• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Father wants to change court ordered mediation agreement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What bias? I told her that she would likely end up having to share the transportation. I just don't see any valid reason to beat her up over the situation.
No one is beating her up over it. I was stating facts. She doesn't like them. And you are showing a bias when you made the comment, It is not like dad moved from NY to their community and then mom moved them 2-1/2 hours away. Actually no it is not. It is like mom moved them over a thousand miles away to PR then moved a bit closer to FL which was still substantially far away and dad moved extremely far distance to try to close the gap. From my viewpoint dad has bent over backwards in order to be a part of his children's lives and mom is griping because she may have to drive because dad is tired.

TinkerBelleLuvr

The reason I asked WHERE dad lived because there are alternatives to 'highway' driving. Sorry, but I think she will need to split the drive; dad picks up; mom picks up. Sorry that there are other kids in the house - older kids were there first.

CJane

Does it not make a difference at all that Dad agreed to shouldering the transportation?

I know that in my case, all of that 'extra stuff' like holidays and transportation (stuff aside from actual custody) that was agreed to originally is not likely to ever get changed according to our judge w/out the party proving that there is a reason other than "I'm sick of it".

LdiJ

Does it not make a difference at all that Dad agreed to shouldering the transportation?

I know that in my case, all of that 'extra stuff' like holidays and transportation (stuff aside from actual custody) that was agreed to originally is not likely to ever get changed according to our judge w/out the party proving that there is a reason other than "I'm sick of it".
Of course it matters that dad agreed to the transportation arrangements. I still think its likely that the judge will order mom to share in the transportation, but it does matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">