• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandparents and legal right

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rushia

Whether anyone believes my intention of posting my OP or not to me at this point could care less. I also posted in the family law asking a question about power of attorney in case myself or my SO becomes sick in the hospital.

Again no laws to say we have rights to make decisions or see each other.

So does this mean my intention is to do harm to my SO?

No, sorry to burst anyones bubble. Its called..we are preparing ourselves...we are in the process of writing wills and preparing for the future.

So to all of you who think im up to something other than looking out to my family. Have a nice day. Ive been insulted enough in one post.
So then get married. :rolleyes: and that solves that problem. You and your SO are the only ones preventing yourselves from having that right.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Are you asking what the parents can put in place in the event that something happened to both of them? I know that I posed that question to each of my children who had children. I didn't ask them WHO they wanted, but that I expected them to consider the question and do the appropriate paperwork to make sure the children were not left in limbo.

Rushia

already stated why we arent getting married. read the post. unless youd like to judge me too.
I did read that post. You have listed no valid reason on why you can't. We don't want to is not a valid reason after 15 years of happiness. All I see is that you'd rather pay an attorney money to write a couple of POA's when a few bucks and a justice of the peace will get you want.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Thanks for the replies.

So what does a Standby Guardianship do for a grandparent. We just want to be the first choice if something happens to both or either of the parents in an emergency, or accident. Sort of a safety net. The guardianship is something I think im referring to.
The bolded is the part that would concern me. Why would the grandparent need any sort of standby guardianship should something happen to EITHER of the parents? Both, I can understand. But to just one? That makes no sense to me. If something happens to one parent, the other parent is (an should be) the person to take responsibility of the child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">