• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Half a Pound of Pot and Assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

moburkes

as a teenager i was in and out of court all the time there for i probally know more from those experiances than you will by your "GOOGLE SEARCH" !!and the kid had a good chance to be a excellent functioning member of sciocity

sweet dreams;)
Which is why you are still confused. You didn't learn then. I was directing you to google. I didn't need it. I know what the law is.

well my whole point is, at some point he had to of been questioned and he claimes he never was read his rights and as you said it is required at some point !
The person you are arguing with has no clue on US constitutional law or miranda etc.:) she thinks this is the judge judy show:)

After a person has officially been taken into custody (detained by police), but before any interrogation takes place, police must inform them of their right to remain silent and to have an attorney present during questioning. A person is considered to be "in custody" anytime they are placed in an environment in which they do not believe they are free to leave.

moburkes

The person you are arguing with has no clue on US constitutional law or miranda etc.:) she thinks this is the judge judy show:)

After a person has officially been taken into custody (detained by police), but before any interrogation takes place, police must inform them of their right to remain silent and to have an attorney present during questioning. A person is considered to be "in custody" anytime they are placed in an environment in which they do not believe they are free to leave.
This statement is 100% true. So, what did I get wrong?

CJane

before any interrogation takes place, police must inform them of their right to remain silent and to have an attorney present during questioning. A person is considered to be "in custody" anytime they are placed in an environment in which they do not believe they are free to leave.
When did OP state that he was interrogated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">