• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with accusations of an affair.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Seekingadvice!

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? illinois

I'm not sure if this is the right forum so mods feel free to move it to the correct forum. Three days ago a woman showed up at my house claiming that my girlfriend of seven years was sleeping with her boss. This woman is either the boss's current or ex wife(not sure). When I asked for proof, she still hasn't been able to provide any. My girlfriend has denied all allegations and I believe her. This woman is making our lives a living hell. My girlfriend can't even go to work without having to be harrassed by her. This woman is claiming that other coworkers know about the affair, but when I asked them, they said that they don't know anything. According to people that work there, this woman has a history of doing this to girls that work for her husband. They have all ended up quiting their jobs. My girlfriend doesn't want to quit (she likes what she does and makes good money), but she feels threatened at work. Since the wife doesn't work for the company, is there anything that can be done? I appreciate any information that can be provided.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? illinois

I'm not sure if this is the right forum so mods feel free to move it to the correct forum. Three days ago a woman showed up at my house claiming that my girlfriend of seven years was sleeping with her boss. This woman is either the boss's current or ex wife(not sure). When I asked for proof, she still hasn't been able to provide any. My girlfriend has denied all allegations and I believe her. This woman is making our lives a living hell. My girlfriend can't even go to work without having to be harrassed by her. This woman is claiming that other coworkers know about the affair, but when I asked them, they said that they don't know anything. According to people that work there, this woman has a history of doing this to girls that work for her husband. They have all ended up quiting their jobs. My girlfriend doesn't want to quit (she likes what she does and makes good money), but she feels threatened at work. Since the wife doesn't work for the company, is there anything that can be done? I appreciate any information that can be provided.

I just have a quick question.

How does this woman know where you live?

There's more to this.

Proserpina

And seriously - how many times as wifey showed up at the house?

Just the once? No chance of a restraining order.

Seekingadvice!

She knows the name of my girlfriend and my girlfriend is a member of the same business group. She looked up the address that way. I'm not worried about her coming to my house, I can take care of that. It is the harassment at work that is concerning.

Proserpina

She knows the name of my girlfriend and my girlfriend is a member of the same business group. She looked up the address that way. I'm not worried about her coming to my house, I can take care of that. It is the harassment at work that is concerning.

Please describe the harassment.

Seekingadvice!

I don't these answer to these questions yet. I will ask her tonight when I see her. This woman has been emailing me stating that she won't stop until she gets an apology. It sounds like she is a little looney. Shortly after receiving that email, I got a text fom my gf saying that she won't leave her alone but no details yet.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I don't these answer to these questions yet. I will ask her tonight when I see her. This woman has been emailing me stating that she won't stop until she gets an apology. It sounds like she is a little looney. Shortly after receiving that email, I got a text fom my gf saying that she won't leave her alone but no details yet.
Please have your girlfriend log on to ask her own questions. There are many details that you simply do not know.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
It is also possible that your girlfriend is sleeping with her boss and her coworkers are covering for them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">