• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help With Nosy Grandparents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigger22472

bradybunchmom said:
im sorry tigger but you are wrong.the maternal grandparents are now legal strangers to the child,and dont have the right to sue for vistation.when the child was adopted,it ended the grandparents relationship with the child,thus,they dont have a case to sue for visitation.
I'm sorry, I am not the one that is wrong here, you are. I have been through the step-parent adoption and have been to many sites in which this has been discussed and it is possible and it does happen. Terminating rights of the parent does not wipe out the right the grandparents have to sue. Yes, they are legal strangers, however, if they can prove they have a relationship with the child that is benificial (again i don't see that in this case ) they CAN sue and some grandparents, even those whose children have TPR'd, are winning. It's few and far between but IT IS happenening. A lawyer will tell you this.

mrsbrown

Ann,
I don't have any issues with adoption, stepparent adoption, grandparents rights. I am trying to let you know that in the future, the facts of your case will be evaluated based on the facts, not on what anyone here says. You have not been forthright here, you will not have that option in court. You need to get your child into counseling and address his losses and why he gets upset or acts out, that is in his best interest, which is what so many here have forgotten, it is not about your rights, but his.[/QUOTE]

How many times are you going to keep going off the deep end about this? I don't think this child is the only person who needs some freaking counseling. It sounds like you have some control issues and can't handle it that Readyann is not agreeing with you and continuing to pursue her questions. Let it go. People come on here for advice and help not attacks. If you have some personal quest to hurt her you need to get a better hobby. Regardless of the past the issue remains the same that she is the legal mother now. End of story. Why did looking at the pictures hurt him? Are you serious? Maybe because he realizes his mother choose to abandon him. Could be slightly hurtful for a child? Or is that not possible? Yes, the child probably would benefit from some counseling but not to be turned against his mother...to learn how to deal with the loss of his birth mother.

rmet4nzkx

mrsbrown said:
Ann,
I don't have any issues with adoption, stepparent adoption, grandparents rights. I am trying to let you know that in the future, the facts of your case will be evaluated based on the facts, not on what anyone here says. You have not been forthright here, you will not have that option in court. You need to get your child into counseling and address his losses and why he gets upset or acts out, that is in his best interest, which is what so many here have forgotten, it is not about your rights, but his.

How many times are you going to keep going off the deep end about this? I don't think this child is the only person who needs some freaking counseling. It sounds like you have some control issues and can't handle it that Readyann is not agreeing with you and continuing to pursue her questions. Let it go. People come on here for advice and help not attacks. If you have some personal quest to hurt her you need to get a better hobby. Regardless of the past the issue remains the same that she is the legal mother now. End of story. Why did looking at the pictures hurt him? Are you serious? Maybe because he realizes his mother choose to abandon him. Could be slightly hurtful for a child? Or is that not possible? Yes, the child probably would benefit from some counseling but not to be turned against his mother...to learn how to deal with the loss of his birth mother.[/QUOTE]

And just who is the one with issues and agendas, Hummm It seems you ;) This is not a venting site or support group, OP has not provided the facts and has manipulated the presentation of the issues to get a specific response. My first response was for her to combine the two threads so the the whole picture was presented so appropriate advice could be given, she has not done that. She has refused to answer questions critical to the case, you can complain all you want a judge will ask those questions. You have your own axe to grind and your own bias and agenda.
NCP without drivers license or insurance.

How to prepare for custody battle from the mom (ncp)

Collecting child support back pay over seas?

Discharged b/c of debt?

Creating the perfect modification??

Wreck without insurance???

NCP doesn't follow thru on visitation

NCP doesn't follow thru on visitation

Seperation pay?

What is included in figuring ch.sup for military ncp

Ortho, medical, insurance...what else to include in modification?

How to figure the Military Pay amount?

Insurance for the kids

Legal guardian???

Process of getting back child support paid

READYANN

No I don't suppose I did make everything clear as I should have crystal clear that is. Yes court will be different. Mrs Brown I appreciate your honesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">