• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I get my life back after 2 DUI's ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellofello1

lesson learned

well, what i have gathered from this thread is that people who don't know me are not going to believe that I have been sober for 9 months because I'm not in AA. So I am going to go to an AA meeting and find out what it's all about. There is one tonight at 8 p.m. It will be good for me to have a weekly reminder of where I came from. I guess I should add that there were several other occurances in which my abuse of alcohol had a negative impact on my life and the lives of my friends and family. So there really is not a question, I am an alcoholic, not just because I got 2 DUI's. The reason I did not contact AA when I quit drinking was that I lived in a small town, and couldn't get to the meetings.
After I quit without their help, I guess I just thought I didn't need them. It has gotten easier over time, but I am still aware that I could fall back into drinking very quickly. So I can understand why many of you are distrustful of me. I just don't understand all the condescension. Don't you want me to succeed ?

S

seniorjudge

So I am going to go to an AA meeting and find out what it's all about.

Good for you....

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mellofello1 said:
Don't you want me to succeed ?

My response:

What I want is for you to be behind bars. That's the only way I know that you won't have the opportunity to get behind the wheel of a car. I don't want you driving and don't want you around, period. Society doesn't need you.

But, since my "wishes" undoubtedly won't be met, I'll leave you with this, college boy - - Albert Einstein went to work on a bicycle. Get used to it.

IAAL

Hum!!! Guess I should say something.
My name is Bill and I am an alcoholic addict. I have been clean for 6 1/2 years. I endulged in alcohol and drugs for 38 years. I received 14 dui's in this period. I went to work everyday I was supposed to. I was a railroad engineer. I was married and divorced 5 times. I wrecked three trucks. I lost two homes. The last time I was in treatment they had us estimate what our addiction had cost. With all figured and with some help from the counselors so I didn't make two many missed figures, my estimate was 3/4 of a million dollars. What I am getting at here is:
I was never an alcoholic until I could finely look at myself in the mirror and tell myself I was. I was never willing until my life was so unmanagable that I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. I do attend AA, and I do so for the help from others for an illness that I could not kick by myself. I have quite a few folks that are very successful business people and folks that work everyday they are supposed to, but most of them hid in the closet for years and drank or druged, before they could admit to themselves and others they have a problem.
My last statement is I never try to help a person in need of help until that person is willing to help themselves.
You have been clean for 9 months and I applaud you, but you made the mistakes as the rest of us have. So you look in the mirror every morning and you say I know who did this to me. ME. But I will get on with life and hopefully do a better job this time around. All things pass, it just takes longer for some of us than others. Good Luck with your life, it does get better.

BelizeBreeze

fvurakki said:
I OWN a business...i'm not an employee in the true sense of the word and thus i'm not thinking of you in those terms either....

basically what i'm trying to say is...whats with the attitude...if you took that attitude out there into the real world with every person you didnt like the actions of you'd get layed out on your ass on a daily basis....maybe thats the case though? :D
I guess you didn't read my signature line :D

mellofello1

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

What I want is for you to be behind bars. That's the only way I know that you won't have the opportunity to get behind the wheel of a car. I don't want you driving and don't want you around, period. Society doesn't need you.

But, since my "wishes" undoubtedly won't be met, I'll leave you with this, college boy - - Albert Einstein went to work on a bicycle. Get used to it.

IAAL
I am used to it. What I don't understand is this, my case is a steller victory for you, MADD, and other people who hate drunk drivers. I can't drive, and probably will not be able to drive for some time. I am bankrupt. I have quit drinking. In other words, You Won !, I lost. Short of lynching, I can't see how you could possibly get your way any more. And thank god they got me before I really hurt someone. All this, and you are still not satisfied. I just don't understand. As a side note, someone stole my bicycle, so I will be walking or taking the bus for a while. I guess I should just give up on IAAL, but I hope a day will come when I can satisfy even my harshest critic that I have changed and without the booze in my life, I am a good friend and neighbor to have.

fvurakki

mellofello1 said:
I am used to it. What I don't understand is this, my case is a steller victory for you, MADD, and other people who hate drunk drivers. I can't drive, and probably will not be able to drive for some time. I am bankrupt. I have quit drinking. In other words, You Won !, I lost. Short of lynching, I can't see how you could possibly get your way any more. And thank god they got me before I really hurt someone. All this, and you are still not satisfied. I just don't understand. As a side note, someone stole my bicycle, so I will be walking or taking the bus for a while. I guess I should just give up on IAAL, but I hope a day will come when I can satisfy even my harshest critic that I have changed and without the booze in my life, I am a good friend and neighbor to have.

Dont worry....idiots like him live to their slow and miserable death...hating the world doesnt make life very fun

BelizeBreeze

fvurakki said:
What is the name of your state? Washington

I typed this whole thing out and then it got erased so this time i'll just include the important details:

- I am 20 years old
- Night before i drank 15-19 drinks between the hours of 3:30pm and 1am (not a normal occurance)
- Spent the night where I was hanging out
- Woke up at 6:15am the next morning and decided to drive home. Its about 1 mi to my home from where i spent the night
- Car's clutch went out on the way home. Pullled over. Called triple A to come tow my vehical which is now documented as being undriveable.
- While waiting i fell asleep. The car was on and i was heating it up. A neighbor woke me up and asked what i was doing. I explained the situation
- That neighbor called the cops and said i looked out of it (i had just woken up)
- Cops came, car was off. Keys in ignition. Car not 100% legally parked because it couldnt be moved
- Police perform field sobriety test
- I made 2 small mistakes from being nervous. Both were in not fully following directions. But no stumbling or anything of that nature. I thought considering what time it was and that i just had woken up pretty much that it went fairly well
- This test is on tape
- I was arrested at this time for physical control.
- Kept in jail cell for a little under an hour
- At 8am i'm asked to do breathalyzer. I ask to speak with an attorney. I speak with one and decide to blow
- Either the machine was broken or cop didn't know how to work it. But we did not get a registered result.
- It was NOT written as a refusal but instead that the machine was not functioning
- I was charged with physical control
- Police officer punched my license (he wasn't supposed to because there is no BAC)

So what i am wondering is:

1) No real conclusive field test results one way or the other in the police report
2) No BAC
3) In a vehicle which is now documented to not have been driveable at that time
4) Police officer unjustly punches license after asking around blindly in the office if he should do it. Thus showing he didnt really know what he was doing it seems

Is there a case here?
Yep, real stellar pillow talk between two drunks.

I think Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis had this act once before but at least they were entertaining.

fvurakki

BelizeBreeze said:
Yep, real stellar pillow talk between two drunks.

I think Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis had this act once before but at least they were entertaining.

So because i have a pending physical control arrest where there are a million things wrong with the arrest I am not a valuable opinion...

So whats your stereotype?

Are you black? gay? bi? macho pig? feminist dyke? a nerd? fat? anorexicly thin?

I'm sure there is something that people classify you as for non-valid reasons. If i drink once a year but overdid it...that makes me a drunk? I'm glad we're all so educated in this discussion :(

fvurakki

'a Drunk' is the term used. Thats a noun referring to someone that has a pattern of being drunk a hell of a lot....

So your average person who has a bunch of cocktails on new years....They are 'a drunk' ...gee i'd never hire them right?

This one person i know didnt drink til they were 32 years old...drank and drank and drank...puked his guts out...hasnt drank since and he's 50 now...But he was a binge drinker one day of his life...so yah, he's obviously 'a drunk'

That is about the DUMBEST logic i've EVER heard.

In fact, i actually remember seeing some old video footage of this logic being used but it was hard to understand BECAUSE THE NARATION WAS IN GERMAN!

BelizeBreeze

fvurakki said:
'a Drunk' is the term used. Thats a noun referring to someone that has a pattern of being drunk a hell of a lot....

So your average person who has a bunch of cocktails on new years....They are 'a drunk' ...gee i'd never hire them right?

This one person i know didnt drink til they were 32 years old...drank and drank and drank...puked his guts out...hasnt drank since and he's 50 now...But he was a binge drinker one day of his life...so yah, he's obviously 'a drunk'

That is about the DUMBEST logic i've EVER heard.

In fact, i actually remember seeing some old video footage of this logic being used but it was hard to understand BECAUSE THE NARATION WAS IN GERMAN!
Und ich auch. Aber der Filme in diese falle war "Reefer Madness". Jetze du Aschloch, verschwinden ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">