• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

if a child is not returned at end of visitation with ncp kidnapping?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

texas_gemeni

What is the name of your state? texas Please help my daughter was not returned from visitation with her father at the end of the summer, He is in a different state and is required to fly her back, I called law enforcement and was told it was a civil matter. The father changed phone # now unlisted and is refusing me any contact with my child. I am not able to make the trip to retrieve her (which is what I was told I would have to do ) because of financial and legal inabilities.... please help.... I want my child back

jbowman

Ok, I hate to sound harsh but this has been since SUMMER (as in 9 months ago?)and you have not been able to save enough money for a RT plane ticket? C'mon, this is your child. What am I missing here?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
And she has NOT filed contempt of court to get a court order requiring law enforcement to retrieve the child. The child now has residency in dad's state.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? texas Please help my daughter was not returned from visitation with her father at the end of the summer, He is in a different state and is required to fly her back, I called law enforcement and was told it was a civil matter. The father changed phone # now unlisted and is refusing me any contact with my child. I am not able to make the trip to retrieve her (which is what I was told I would have to do ) because of financial and legal inabilities.... please help.... I want my child back
Is this the same child from the other thread? The child you owe 800.00 in back child support and were seeking options to bankrupt the debt? When did you file contempt charges against the child's father? What was the outcome of those charges? What are your "legal inabilities" that are preventing you from going to pick up your child?

Kell.....I mean Texas Gemeni... You need to answer ALL these questions...

WOW! Since last Summer! My X did this with my daughter after his first court ordered visitation. Just decided he wasn't going to bring her back on Sunday evening. My attorney was out of town. I had to call all over the city to find an attorney on Monday morning that could help me out. Had to pay a $2500 retainer, we got an emergency hearing that afternoon and NCP was ordered to bring child back or face serious consequences. This is what you should have done immediately. Waiting until now was just plain not smart!

Money excuses just don't hold water. I had to pay a few bills late, but I got my daughter back. If you absolutely couldn't come up with the money then you could have at least attempted Pro se. It's all in the priorities!

jbowman

I dont know if she is PMing anyone else but I would like to offer this solution and see what the others think. IF in 9 months you could not get enough money to buy decent transportation, a bus ticket (you offered your child a ticket but she was afraid to go alone) or a plane ticket, maybe your child is better off where she is. Obviously you do not have the means or the determination to financially care for a child at this time in your life.

Just Blue

I dont know if she is PMing anyone else but I would like to offer this solution and see what the others think. IF in 9 months you could not get enough money to buy decent transportation, a bus ticket (you offered your child a ticket but she was afraid to go alone) or a plane ticket, maybe your child is better off where she is. Obviously you do not have the means or the determination to financially care for a child at this time in your life.
Yes...I got that pm too....I ask her if I could post it here so that she could get more advice and haven't heard back...:rolleyes:

For the amount that OP paid in old clunkers and the repairs they needed she could have bought several plane tickets for her daughter to come home....;)

Ms. Bowman...Your idea is most excellent!! :cool:

Just Blue

WOW! Since last Summer! My X did this with my daughter after his first court ordered visitation. Just decided he wasn't going to bring her back on Sunday evening. My attorney was out of town. I had to call all over the city to find an attorney on Monday morning that could help me out. Had to pay a $2500 retainer, we got an emergency hearing that afternoon and NCP was ordered to bring child back or face serious consequences. This is what you should have done immediately. Waiting until now was just plain not smart!

Money excuses just don't hold water. I had to pay a few bills late, but I got my daughter back. If you absolutely couldn't come up with the money then you could have at least attempted Pro se. It's all in the priorities!
Better watch it!! You're starting to sound awfully judgemental.....people come here looking for advice, NOT to be judged!! :p

jbowman

I just dont get this whole scenario. If this happened to my child, I would be riding a huffy to Egypt if I had to. No excuses. Period.

Just Blue

I just dont get this whole scenario. If this happened to my child, I would be riding a huffy to Egypt if I had to. No excuses. Period.
I agree...The OP has, and HAD, the option of filing a contempt of court complaint...Now why didn't she??

Better watch it!! You're starting to sound awfully judgemental.....people come here looking for advice, NOT to be judged!! :p

I don't have a problem with people telling it like it is. I just don't think name calling is appropriate. Maybe I should have left out the part about her not being too "smart". If I would have said what I was really thinking, that would have been mean!

jst_stressin

annoyed

How come no one asked what was done, what is being done, custody established, financial state, etc. Congrats on what you would do. But you aren't her or have asked what the circumstances are. How do you know if the guy is a power hungry abusive man and she feels helpless? She asked for advice, not a verbal beating.

texas_gemeni

in my defense /this is a quote

I am being somewhat attacked for being ignorant i guess.....but i have done everything that i could think of to get my child back, without knowing exactly where she is and getting no help from any agency i have contacted,i did call police they took a report i was told it was a civil matter and would need to get an attorney that i cannot afford,legal aide is too wrapped in domestic violence casses to helpI also have a 4 year old that i support alone, no i cant come up with the money for 2 round trip tickets and a one way ticket on a plane or a bus it would put all 3 of us on the streets, the cost is more then i make in a month, and pay my bills and keep food on the table.....So that means i dont care.no , it means i do the best with only a h.s. education to keep a roof over our heads,clothes on their backs and food in our bellys i have no support system, thats why i asked law enforcement to help, child protective services to help, legal aide to help i was told they could not help me . there is no possible way to stay afloat and have no one to pay my bills or loan me money we go paycheck to paycheck i dont get support from anyone but myself...not having extra monies should not warrant losing my child , i can and do support my kids, custody agreements were made that he would be soley responsible for there trip expenses each year and i would not ask for anything above that because it is a big expense, and wanted them to have the benifits of going at holidays as well as summer , my fear was not having the money to send them at some point and therfore they would be any hdenied a visit, thats why i get no monthly support....so he will pay for the trips back and forth.....i am helpless truely in my opinion to do anything to get my child back...i thought thats why we had a court order to ensure they would be returned each time, but no one could tell me how to enforce it other than to go physically take her WHICH I CANNOT DO I truely wish i could....I still have not been given any of solutions, but judgements, thats what i have faced for 9 months......OUT OF IDEAS I NEED A SOLUTION why was i never informed to file contempt order from police or human services, i wasnt aware of that option

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">