• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

if a child is not returned at end of visitation with ncp kidnapping?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

How come no one asked what was done, what is being done, custody established, financial state, etc. Congrats on what you would do. But you aren't her or have asked what the circumstances are. How do you know if the guy is a power hungry abusive man and she feels helpless? She asked for advice, not a verbal beating.
This is my 1st post to the OP...

Is this the same child from the other thread? The child you owe 800.00 in back child support and were seeking options to bankrupt the debt? When did you file contempt charges against the child's father? What was the outcome of those charges? What are your "legal inabilities" that are preventing you from going to pick up your child?

Kell.....I mean Texas Gemeni... You need to answer ALL these questions...

Just Blue

I am being somewhat attacked for being ignorant i guess.....but i have done everything that i could think of to get my child back, without knowing exactly where she is and getting no help from any agency i have contacted,i did call police they took a report i was told it was a civil matter and would need to get an attorney that i cannot afford,legal aide is too wrapped in domestic violence casses to helpI also have a 4 year old that i support alone, no i cant come up with the money for 2 round trip tickets and a one way ticket on a plane or a bus it would put all 3 of us on the streets, the cost is more then i make in a month, and pay my bills and keep food on the table.....So that means i dont care.no , it means i do the best with only a h.s. education to keep a roof over our heads,clothes on their backs and food in our bellys i have no support system, thats why i asked law enforcement to help, child protective services to help, legal aide to help i was told they could not help me . there is no possible way to stay afloat and have no one to pay my bills or loan me money we go paycheck to paycheck i dont get support from anyone but myself...not having extra monies should not warrant losing my child , i can and do support my kids, custody agreements were made that he would be soley responsible for there trip expenses each year and i would not ask for anything above that because it is a big expense, and wanted them to have the benifits of going at holidays as well as summer , my fear was not having the money to send them at some point and therfore they would be any hdenied a visit, thats why i get no monthly support....so he will pay for the trips back and forth.....i am helpless truely in my opinion to do anything to get my child back...i thought thats why we had a court order to ensure they would be returned each time, but no one could tell me how to enforce it other than to go physically take her WHICH I CANNOT DO I truely wish i could....I still have not been given any of solutions, but judgements, thats what i have faced for 9 months......OUT OF IDEAS I NEED A SOLUTION why was i never informed to file contempt order from police or human services, i wasnt aware of that option

You can go to the court that your order is out of and file a contemp motion yourself. They may waive the fee for you, and from what I understand contempt is fairly easy to file for your self.

What I don't understand is that you were able to buy some old junk cars and invest in fixing them up...but couldn't afford to buy 2 Grayhound tickets to get your daughter? And what is the legal trouble that prevent you from leaving the state? Did you ask the courts if you could have permission to go to pick up your daughter?

texas_gemeni

You can go to the court that your order is out of and file a contemp motion yourself. They may waive the fee for you, and from what I understand contempt is fairly easy to file for your self.

What I don't understand is that you were able to buy some old junk cars and invest in fixing them up...but couldn't afford to buy 2 Grayhound tickets to get your daughter? And what is the legal trouble that prevent you from leaving the state? Did you ask the courts if you could have permission to go to pick up your daughter?
i paid only 100.00 each time for the purchace of each car i never said they were junk,they had to be registered inspected insured and needed minor repairs,still the cost for each averaged about 400.00 that is about the cost of 1 ticket,and i would need 3 i have a younger child as well, still that is the cost of my rent for 1 month. no bus or plane in the city i know there in so i take a bus or plane and me and my 4 year old walk the city tring to find my child? wasnt logical to choose that route.needed a car each time with both cars. i was a victim of bad circumstances, i ran out of gas less then a mile from my home and lost it to impound because i didnt have another 125.00 to get it out of impound.then someone stole the other piece of **** out of my driveway they were not the best cars but it would have allowed me to get my daughter.i was trying

Just Blue

I spose I'm not much better at that mark since put everyone in the same group.. and I do apologize. Wasn't meant toward anyone in particular, more as in a whole.. the past posts on here, arent very helpful in any aspect.
That's because you don't know what we do....Believe it or not, but there is a method to our madness!

texas_gemeni

What your missing

Ok, I hate to sound harsh but this has been since SUMMER (as in 9 months ago?)and you have not been able to save enough money for a RT plane ticket? C'mon, this is your child. What am I missing here?
9 long months.....she is still just a child the nearest airport to her is 2 hours away. Dads not going to take her and put her on a plane his intentions are for her to live there, i would have to purchace 3 tickets,2 of them rt, have you checked the prices of air travel lately from san antonio to indiana?then we (my 4 yr old and myself) get off the plane and still have to find travel the extra 2 hours to her town.....an impossible task for someone of my means , he has changed address and phone # to cut communication completely, i had no idea about a contempt order i could file, i called police, they told me verbatum "this is a civil matter, your only recourse is to hire a lawyer and go to that state, or try on your own to regain physical custody.":eek: . My ex pays 800. for each trip she makes if i could have saved that amount i would have, i have not been away from her for more then 8 weeks in her life she is 13, it is not a lack of love that or want that keeps us apart it is a lack of help and knowledge of what to do!

tigger22472

I guess I don't understand why you would even be considering taking your 4 year old with you on this trip that is almost guaranteed to be a situation you wouldn't want your other child in but to bring a child in that has nothing to do with it makes absolutely no sense... and I have paid for two tickets within the last six months from Indiana to Houston and they weren't $300 TOTAL (not rt.. two separate one ways)

texas_gemeni

I guess I don't understand why you would even be considering taking your 4 year old with you on this trip that is almost guaranteed to be a situation you wouldn't want your other child in but to bring a child in that has nothing to do with it makes absolutely no sense... and I have paid for two tickets within the last six months from Indiana to Houston and they weren't $300 TOTAL (not rt.. two separate one ways)
im not sure i understand the 1 way ticket thing.....how would we return home, should i leave my 4 year old at home alone or perhaps you know of a childrens kennel that takes mercy on single parents who should travel alone and would care for her for free?:rolleyes: taking her would be my only option, not everyone is blessed with standby care takers,or grandparents to happily look after their children. I am one of those unlucky people that must pay for a proper caregiver or deal with unpleasentries and take her along.! thank you 4 responding, my hope is you will never have to walk to indiana in my shoes:rolleyes:

mommyor3

go to the court ask if they have a self service center or look up your court on the internet. Try to find a paralegal. They can give you advise on what to file and help write it up. You are on your own with the court and filing though. Check into greyhound seriously long miserable trip but much more affordable and they usually have stops in small towns so you are more likely to be closer to her home. Definately talk to a friend or someone to watch your other child while you are doing this. This is the time to ask for help where ever you can find it.

jbowman

9 long months.....she is still just a child the nearest airport to her is 2 hours away. Dads not going to take her and put her on a plane his intentions are for her to live there, i would have to purchace 3 tickets,2 of them rt, have you checked the prices of air travel lately from san antonio to indiana?then we (my 4 yr old and myself) get off the plane and still have to find travel the extra 2 hours to her town.....an impossible task for someone of my means , he has changed address and phone # to cut communication completely, i had no idea about a contempt order i could file, i called police, they told me verbatum "this is a civil matter, your only recourse is to hire a lawyer and go to that state, or try on your own to regain physical custody.":eek: . My ex pays 800. for each trip she makes if i could have saved that amount i would have, i have not been away from her for more then 8 weeks in her life she is 13, it is not a lack of love that or want that keeps us apart it is a lack of help and knowledge of what to do!
Look, stop being a victim. You are a GROWN woman that has choices. Eight hundred dollars round trip from Indiana to Texas is ridiculous and untrue. I BOOK travel for a living and I KNOW this for a fact.

Like I said before, you obviously do not have the means to financially care for this child anyways so maybe she is better off. If you are buying $100 cars that need repairs, need to be smogged etc, running out of gas a block from home and not walking to the gas station to get $2.00 worth of gas to get it home (therefore getting it towed) you are not making good/adult choices. I am thinking that maybe THAT is the reason (illegal as it may be) that dad has kept this child. And to hear that you also have legal trouble (which of course, you are innocent of and again a victim) strengthens my theory. Get your stuff together, be a grown up, handle your business. Quit whining about all the problems and find some solutions. It is not rocket science, love. I grew up eating ketchup sandwiches, my mother was on welfare, I did not graduate high school, I did not go to college--ive had lots of tough breaks too. But I am now successful, have great credit, make a good income and dont depend on ANYONE. You need to act like an adult and be proactive. Pick yourself up, no one is going to do it for you. phewww

jbowman

im not sure i understand the 1 way ticket thing.....how would we return home, should i leave my 4 year old at home alone or perhaps you know of a childrens kennel that takes mercy on single parents who should travel alone and would care for her for free?:rolleyes: taking her would be my only option, not everyone is blessed with standby care takers,or grandparents to happily look after their children. I am one of those unlucky people that must pay for a proper caregiver or deal with unpleasentries and take her along.! thank you 4 responding, my hope is you will never have to walk to indiana in my shoes:rolleyes:
Ok, I just read this after my last response. Here is what you do:

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Just dont do a damn thing. Any and every option you have been given, you come up with some retarded excuse. I am done with this thread, it makes me ill. And I think my eyes are bleeding again.

tylersmom

I was just reading another thread started by OP and I'm confused. Who are you behind in paying child support for? Did I miss something?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">