• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegally do legal drugs?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazed98

I was just thinking if you go somewhere such as Amsterdam and do lets say marijuana legally then come back to the states and get drug tested by a school or job can you fight that in anyway?

Or, is it still illegal because technically you brought the drugs back "inside you blood stream".

S

seniorjudge

Crazed98 said:
I was just thinking if you go somewhere such as Amsterdam and do lets say marijuana legally then come back to the states and get drug tested by a school or job can you fight that in anyway?

Or, is it still illegal because technically you brought the drugs back "inside you blood stream".
The tests for school or job is to determine whether you use the drugs, not the legality of the drugs.

HomeGuru

Crazed98 said:
So your saying they are within right to suspend/fire you

**A: yes.
but there can be no legal charges against you?

**A: they can legally charge you for being a stoned idiot.

S

seniorjudge

Crazed98 said:
So your saying they are within right to suspend/fire you but there can be no legal charges against you?
Written proof that marijuana destroys brain cells.

O

Obnoxious1

Crazed98 said:
nope your wrong they might have some opium in the middle east but no marijuana
Written proof that all drugs destroy your brain.

Crazed98

I was refering to the fact that I'm in the middle east and there is no marijuana therefore I can't be smoking marijuana.

I have no use for illegal drugs.

O

Obnoxious1

Veronica1228 said:
This is your brain :cool: This is his brain :confused:

Get the picture?

This is like the Koolaid smile defense: "Your honor, I could not be on marijuana, I'm in the middle east. They only have opiates here" :eek:

Crazed98

FACT - The most celebrated study that claims to show brain damage is the rhesus monkey study of Dr. Robert Heath, done in the late 1970s. This study was reviewed by a distinguished panel of scientists sponsored by the Institute Of Medicine and the National Academy Of Sciences. Their results were published under the title, Marijuana And Health in 1982. Heath's work was sharply criticized for its insufficient sample size (only 4 monkeys), its failure to control experimental bias, and the misidentification of normal monkey brain structure as "damaged". Actual studies of human populations of marijuana users have shown no evidence of brain damage. For example, two studies from 1977, published in the Journal Of The American Medical Association (JAMA), showed no evidence of brain damage in heavy users of marijuana. That same year, the American Medical Association (AMA) officially came out in favor of decriminalizing marijuana. That's not the sort of thing you'd expect if the AMA thought marijuana damaged the brain.

Veronica1228

The Occultist said:
The sun has been known to cause skin cancer, yet use of the sun has yet to be criminalized.
But the sun doesn't make you eat an entire bag of Doritos and impair your judgement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">