• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insubordination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Guess this is why God made both chocolate and vanilla, huh?

Roscoe, if your estimate of someone's value or the value of the work that they do is limited by how much money they make, I am both appalled by your sense of values and truly sorry for you.

roscoe706

mlane58 said:
There you go again, making assumptions---frankly not everyone is driven by money and I most certainly do understand fee based recruiting.
Ok, tell us what your driving passion is. Face it. you are a cubicle dweller of the nth degree. Are you really saying that if you were the kind of person who could pull in a large commision regardless of whether or not you placed an applicant you would turn it down?

didn't think so.

If possible, I now have less respect for you.

mlane58 said:
You might think its funny DUFUS, but I just consider the source and it just shows your ignorance as to what Human Resources really entails. Oh Yea, I could care less if you call me on my spelling! What a Simpleton!
Oh no! DUFUS. Will I ever recover from such a sting? I am rather familiar with run of the mill HR types like you. Pity is really the only emotion that applies....

roscoe706

cbg said:
Guess this is why God made both chocolate and vanilla, huh?

Roscoe, if your estimate of someone's value or the value of the work that they do is limited by how much money they make, I am both appalled by your sense of values and truly sorry for you.
No CBG, I would only consider doing this type of work to be worth it if you were pulling in some bucks.

Otherwise, I would consider you a rather shallow person to pursue it.

ENASNI

roscoe706 said:
No CBG, I would only consider doing this type of work to be worth it if you were pulling in some bucks.

Otherwise, I would consider you a rather shallow person to pursue it.

Go stick your head in a bucket of pig gristle.

Last edited:

mlane58

Being a true sox fan cbg, I know you would enjoy this if you haven't heard it already.

Johnny Damon:

Looks like Jesus
Throws like Mary
Acts like Judas

roscoe706

ENASNI said:
Go stick your head in a bucket of pig gristle.
Now, that I like.

But a yankees fan? that is really taking off the kid gloves.

cbg,
Sorry I am a capitalist. Getting paid well for what you do best.

The funny thing is that I have yet to hear any of you actually relay some kind of passion or reason that you would want to sully yourselves by going into HR. But the pissed off cynicism is non-ending.

Beth3

The funny thing is that I have yet to hear any of you actually relay some kind of passion or reason that you would want to sully yourselves by going into HR. Funny? Hardly. Why on earth would anyone waste their time justifying his or her career decision to you? Nobody gives a damn what you think about HR or those of us in that profession.

roscoe706

Beth3 said:
The funny thing is that I have yet to hear any of you actually relay some kind of passion or reason that you would want to sully yourselves by going into HR. Funny? Hardly. Why on earth would anyone waste their time justifying his or her career decision to you? Nobody gives a damn what you think about HR or those of us in that profession.
He he, maybe jaded is much too subtle of a term to describe your attitude. Myself, I could easily throw together a single sentence that describes what makes my career rewarding. I understand that you can't do that. And your bitterness amuses me. But from the tone of your posts, I really wouldn't expect anything different.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Roscoe, if I cared what you think, I could easily defend my career choice. But since I don't give a damn what you think and since it's clear you don't give a damn what I think, why should I waste my time?

roscoe706

cbg said:
Roscoe, if I cared what you think, I could easily defend my career choice. But since I don't give a damn what you think and since it's clear you don't give a damn what I think, why should I waste my time?
Well, you are half right. I do give a damn. But you guys have spilled more ink telling me that you don't when it should have been easier to answer the question.

I'm just saying.....

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
soulscout said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

Is it insubordination if a supervisor ask you for your undivided attention and to look him in the eyes (essentially, I did not refuse my undivided attention, I just did not stop working and told him that I was paying attention. So, of course, he got all hot headed and said lets go talk, and said I was being defiant and that I was acting childish)?

Thanks, :confused:
The long and the short of it is that, when a supervisor asks you do do something that is not illegal - it's wise to do it. It is not at all unreasonable to expect a subordinate to give their supervisor their undivided attention. So yes - you were out of line and deserved to be written up. (and that's not HR speak - it's from someone who's been on both sides of this fence.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">