• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is your ex as stupid as mine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

truebluemd

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Well md is not short for doctor.

Let me just confess that my ex is stupid, Yes, I met stupid, I fell in love with stupid, I slept with stupid, and I had stupid's child. I learned all too late that stupid can't do anything for himself.

Now that that is out of the way, stupid is threating to take me back to court. I've told stupid the school Spring Break dates (I have SB this year) and that it would trump one day of his CO'd visits so he should not show ujp for exchange on that day. Stupid does not believe me. So he is telling me the date stands and I must show up for the exchange.

Why do I call him stupid, because in a recent letter to the court, he stated the child support should be changed, and then the next sentence following that he said the child support should remain in effect. Oh there's more people, but I dont' want to put too much out there, because there is a slight chance he will have a temporary spark in IQ and come across this, so I cant even keep this post.

I'm really sorry if Ive offended. I'll change it if I have to, but its sooo true.

Yes I have an atty, but emails to the atty are expensive.

My questions? Must I go by the official SB (which I thought was correct) or can I set my own SB dates. My son is not in grade school anyway. Order says every other year parent will have SB vacation (that the short short version). There are no specific dates.

As far as summer, Stupid gets two, two week vacations. He told me he is starting his two weeks at the end of is regular weekend. This means, instead of 14 days, he is doing 17 by tacking the two weeks on to end of his weekend. Is this how its normally done. If Ive asked this before I apologize.

lastly, stupid is having his gf send me emails. When he writes his spelling/grammar is terrible but at least I know its him. I never say anything to him, in person, and I never talk in a disrespectful manner on paper. I just bite my teeth when necessary and follow the order and cause no drama. Its at the point I just want to send him an email saying, "why dont you try writing your own emails and maybe we can discuss the issue. Its not healthy when you let others (as in gf) think for you." is that a nice way of saying it without a judge smacking me on the hand. We are going back to court April for the same reason he doesn beleive SB trumps normal vacation.

Sorry this is so long.

Lockheart

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Well md is not short for doctor.

Let me just confess that my ex is stupid, Yes, I met stupid, I fell in love with stupid, I slept with stupid, and I had stupid's child. I learned all too late that stupid can't do anything for himself.
I have no advice for you, I just wanted to say that this amused the heck out of me.

truebluemd

Wait a minute....I've just confirmed that his gf is stupid too. Yes they are both recent 30something college grads, but still have not learned any common sense in their lifetime.

Not only did she send that email to me. SHE SENT IT TO MY LAWYER!!!!! Establishing our summer weeks have to do with the legal matter my lawyer is handling. I guess he's going to try to call her as a witness at trial....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't know how he got her email address. He must have googled, it....the same way he said he googled a previous ex when he claimed the reason why he wasnt seeing other child or paying child support was because mom went missing. He tried to "google" her but thats all he could do, although she was claiming nonpayment and collecting state aide for years and staying in the same hometown she had always been in.

Now I have to send a letter to my atty in the morning to apologize for him sending her correspondence that has nothing to do with the contempt or modification.

Last edited:

LdiJ

Now that that is out of the way, stupid is threating to take me back to court. I've told stupid the school Spring Break dates (I have SB this year) and that it would trump one day of his CO'd visits so he should not show ujp for exchange on that day. Stupid does not believe me. So he is telling me the date stands and I must show up for the exchange.

Why do I call him stupid, because in a recent letter to the court, he stated the child support should be changed, and then the next sentence following that he said the child support should remain in effect. Oh there's more people, but I dont' want to put too much out there, because there is a slight chance he will have a temporary spark in IQ and come across this, so I cant even keep this post.

I'm really sorry if Ive offended. I'll change it if I have to, but its sooo true.

Yes I have an atty, but emails to the atty are expensive.

My questions? Must I go by the official SB (which I thought was correct) or can I set my own SB dates. My son is not in grade school anyway. Order says every other year parent will have SB vacation (that the short short version). There are no specific dates.

As far as summer, Stupid gets two, two week vacations. He told me he is starting his two weeks at the end of is regular weekend. This means, instead of 14 days, he is doing 17 by tacking the two weeks on to end of his weekend. Is this how its normally done. If Ive asked this before I apologize.

lastly, stupid is having his gf send me emails. When he writes his spelling/grammar is terrible but at least I know its him. I never say anything to him, in person, and I never talk in a disrespectful manner on paper. I just bite my teeth when necessary and follow the order and cause no drama. Its at the point I just want to send him an email saying, "why dont you try writing your own emails and maybe we can discuss the issue. Its not healthy when you let others (as in gf) think for you." is that a nice way of saying it without a judge smacking me on the hand. We are going back to court April for the same reason he doesn beleive SB trumps normal vacation.

Sorry this is so long.
Technically no, he is not supposed to tack his two weeks onto his weekend, giving him 17 days.

Others here would likely tell you to let him have it because he gets so much less time with the child. However, if you look at a calendar you will discover that if you let him do that, you will get very few weekends with the child over the summer.

Therefore, put your foot down on that one. His two weeks includes his weekend...period.

truebluemd

Technically no, he is not supposed to tack his two weeks onto his weekend, giving him 17 days.

Others here would likely tell you to let him have it because he gets so much less time with the child. However, if you look at a calendar you will discover that if you let him do that, you will get very few weekends with the child over the summer.

Therefore, put your foot down on that one. His two weeks includes his weekend...period.

Thanks LDiJ.

Ok, so what am I supposed to do? Technically, I didnt agree to the weeks he put in. I just acknowledged it in an FYI letter I sent to give him my weeks and notify him of other stuff that required no response. I don't converse with him via email because its too much back and forth which i do not have time for. I'd rather get it over in a conversation.

The first thing he is going to say is "well, even if I start my vacation at the beginning of my weekend, it will end on the day I am suppose to start my next weekend so I may as well keep him."

I'm content to let him keep the 17 days for the first 2-week period, but I want him to cut short the second 2 week period and return my son on Thursday, which evens everything out. Now that I look at my weeks, he would only get a 2 hour visit in the entire 4 weeks that I am taking.

Also, he is now saying that he gets the entire day with my son for his b-day. The order says each parent shall have reasonable visitation. Can he be more stupid? I shouldnt have to hold his hand and walk him through every step of the order......

Last edited:

2Mistakes

Absent the court order saying that he can't tack his 2 weeks on after his scheduled weekend, why is not supposed to do so? That's actually the SMART way to do it, not stupid.

Let's think about this a minute. If he gets 2 weeks, and they have every other weekend, most likely his 2 weeks are going to HAVE to be taken either before or after one of his weekends, and be consecutive.

Rushia

Wait a minute!!??? Are we having a who's ex is more stupid contest? I'd like to nominate my ex!! Please!? Mine is allowed reasonable visitation at my discretion. He almost never takes them! He even blew off our dd's Reconciliation ceremony last night cause he didn't feel good AGAIN. I think I'm the most reasonable mom ever and I WISH he'd take'em more often.

This isn't one of those contests?

Sorry true, just funnin with ya!

truebluemd

Absent the court order saying that he can't tack his 2 weeks on after his scheduled weekend, why is not supposed to do so? That's actually the SMART way to do it, not stupid.

Let's think about this a minute. If he gets 2 weeks, and they have every other weekend, most likely his 2 weeks are going to HAVE to be taken either before or after one of his weekends, and be consecutive.
Like I said, my two-two week periods only gives him 2 hours of visitation over the entire 30 day period. It was not purposefully done. This morning I highlighted the visitation up until the end of the summer to see how things over lap.

truebluemd

Wait a minute!!??? Are we having a who's ex is more stupid contest? I'd like to nominate my ex!! Please!? Mine is allowed reasonable visitation at my discretion. He almost never takes them! He even blew off our dd's Reconciliation ceremony last night cause he didn't feel good AGAIN. I think I'm the most reasonable mom ever and I WISH he'd take'em more often.

This isn't one of those contests?

Sorry true, just funnin with ya!
Thats fine Rushia. I'd LIKE TO HEAR ALL THE STUPID EX STORIES. We all slept with the other parent of our kids so unfortunately we can't deny that. My ex, nor his gf simply can't comprehend a court order written in black and white. I'm going to court cause he coudnt comprehend that my NYE holiday trumped his 2 hour standard visit. So now I see in my future I will be getting another show cause because my SB vacation trumped his little 2 hour visit. Why would stupid still claim he gets to visit my son mid week on my vacation? Oh I know the answer, because he's stupid!

Sorry OG (wherever you are), I know don't like what appears to be insults, but sometimes you have to call a spade a spade

Last edited:

Rushia

wait a minute now. Funny story . Stepson's mom told me one day , when I went to pick up stepson " A fuse went out in the fridge and blew out the entire house" I thought to myself , does she think Im an idiot? Turned out her electric was shut off for nonpayment and she owed close to 600 dollars. (btw the other idiot thing was I didnt even notice the lights NOT on. We were outside and she was coming back from somewhere so I never stepped foot in the house. She told me all this on her own. I wouldnt have known otherwise)
Bwhahahahaha. Don't you love it!

Rushia

Thats fine Rushia. I'd LIKE TO HEAR ALL THE STUPID EX STORIES. We all slept with the other parent of our kids so unfortunately we can't deny that. My ex, nor his gf simply can't comprehend a court order written in black and white. I'm going to court cause he coudnt comprehend that my NYE holiday trumped his 2 hour standard visit. So now I see in my future I will be getting another show cause because my SB vacation trumped his little 2 hour visit. Why would stupid still claim he gets to visit my son mid week on my vacation? Oh I know the answer, because he's stupid!

Sorry OG (wherever you are), I know don't like what appears to be insults, but sometimes you have to call a spade a spade
I know. I still thank the Lord everyday that I got an ex who's willing to work with me instead of against me. I've never denied him a minute of any time that he (or his wife, cause I love her) has asked for (with the exception that he forgot one of the kids has a dr appointment or an event that he was invited to and forgot). His wife even takes my little guy (with my DH) and I take her (my ex's youngest) just to give each other some breaks/dates with our DH's. Even if we had a CO schedule, he wouldn't follow it for some reason or another as he does that with his oldest. He has an extremely detailed visitation schedule and doesn't utilize it at ALL. He simply allows her mother to run all over him. I saw first hand the damage they did to that child. I swore when my ex and I separated that I would never do that to my children. I have my moments though. I even used his CS (an agreement made between us) to buy our dd her dress for last night and told dd that he gave me the money for the dress so even if he didn't end up going, he was the hero for buying her the dress.

He still calls me and talks with me about the case pertaining to his dd that he had when we got together cause he doesn't understand what's going on.

truebluemd

I know. I still thank the Lord everyday that I got an ex who's willing to work with me instead of against me. I've never denied him a minute of any time that he (or his wife, cause I love her) has asked for (with the exception that he forgot one of the kids has a dr appointment or an event that he was invited to and forgot). His wife even takes my little guy (with my DH) and I take her (my ex's youngest) just to give each other some breaks/dates with our DH's. Even if we had a CO schedule, he wouldn't follow it for some reason or another as he does that with his oldest. He has an extremely detailed visitation schedule and doesn't utilize it at ALL. He simply allows her mother to run all over him. I saw first hand the damage they did to that child. I swore when my ex and I separated that I would never do that to my children. I have my moments though. I even used his CS (an agreement made between us) to buy our dd her dress for last night and told dd that he gave me the money for the dress so even if he didn't end up going, he was the hero for buying her the dress.

He still calls me and talks with me about the case pertaining to his dd that he had when we got together cause he doesn't understand what's going on.
Are you telling me he has at least three kids from three different mommas? My ex is on that same road, except he has two separate child supports and a payback to the state to resolve. I just checked and he just had a lien put against him for creditor payments.....that explains why he's been giving my number out to his creditors....

Rushia

Are you telling me he has at least three kids from three different mommas? My ex is on that same road, except he has two separate child supports and a payback to the state to resolve. I just checked and he just had a lien put against him for creditor payments.....that explains why he's been giving my number out to his creditors....
Nope, I'm saying he has 4 children with three different mothers.

1st dd with his ex, never married. CS and visitation order. Pays CS thru garnishment and doesn't visit with dd. Believes that dd may be living with her grandmother even though he has joint legal.

Two with me. DD and DS. We married and divorced. No court with each other since divorce which he defaulted on. All visitation and CS arranged thru ourselves cause we don't want to go to court. I also had another child with my DH.

1 son with current wife. Child born before wedding (which Dh and I were invited to and attended).

truebluemd

If my ex get married again (we were never married) I don't expect an invitation. He most likely won't even invite his own family. He can't stand his mother

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">