• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legally can he make these demands ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CJane

casa said:
I started shopping resale/Thrift because of the expense of keeping clothing...didn't help because even that gets expensive when it's 2 or 3 outfits per week! :eek: Not only that, my nuttyX then started complaining she was coming in 'play' clothes and not 'nice' clothes. Eventually this issue was brought up in court by my X. I simply said I always provided clothes and they didn't return- so I compromised by buying inexpensive clothes & yet they weren't good enough...and still weren't returned. The judge ordered the nuttyX to provide his own clothing for visitation, regardless of child support. :cool: If you knew my X, this was poetic Justice :rolleyes:
Sometimes, Casa, I swear we have the SAME nuttyX. Mine emailed me today re: our upcoming quarterly meeting - he's decided that I MUST return the exact same clothes to his house that the children arrive at my house in. This, regardless of the fact that I asked repeatedly that if they arrive at his house in appropriate school clothes (as they do since he picks them up FROM SCHOOL) that they come home in the same. He insisted that as long as they arrived in shorts and came home in shorts, I was being petty.

NOW, he's upset because he 'can't afford winter clothes' with a baby on the way, and feels that since they get tons of clothes from my relatives as hand-me-downs, that I should bring 1/2 of their wardrobe with me to the meeting.

LdiJ

CJane said:
NOW, he's upset because he 'can't afford winter clothes' with a baby on the way, and feels that since they get tons of clothes from my relatives as hand-me-downs, that I should bring 1/2 of their wardrobe with me to the meeting.
If you have that in an email, then PLEASE show that to the GAL....because that one is pretty ridiculous.

I am the ncp I pay over 200 cs and I provide extras like school clothes that she never gets to wear because sm doesn't like my style and shoes, my daughter is in sports, I buy tennis shoes and spikes and gear for track they let her wear but criticize but it's expensive thats why they don't complain about that. BUT I have bought school clothes for the last at least 8 or 9 years and she barely wears any of them and my daughter has watched her SM burn her clothes because SM doesn't like them but I have seen my daughter at school functions wearing what look like they belong to her younger step sisiter too tight too short etc. I never tell my child she can't take anything to her cp home because I bought them, they are hers, but they insist anything she brings here they provide comes back and act like complete fools about it if she doesn't. I believe don't suffer the child because regardless of the adults bickering the children hear it and feel it, my daughter always feels like she has to defend me but It really hurts her more than it does me, yea it gets expensive sometimes, but it's for her shes the important person here. I keep a wardrobe here if she takes it and doesn't get it back at least I feel good knowing she has it and I provided it. Just an opinion. Sometimes we have to be the bigger person for the kids sake~!

B

betterthanher

George1620 said:
Also this may be his attempt to say the reason he needs the child support reduced is because he spends more time with the child and it should be lowered...I know in idaho they not only base the child support on wages but on how often the child is with each parent...
Not every state is like that, though.

Rowan602

When I did my Child support paperwork, one of the questions they asked was how many overnights my daughter spent with her father. I think Colorado is one of those states that considers how much time the child spends with each parent in child support calculations. I'm not positive though.

Pearl72

Yes, Colorado is one of those that counts the overnites, and my ex is very aware of it, and trys every year to get over that 92, cuz for whatever reason he thinks he won't have to pay ANY child support -- which is wrong, they just prorate it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">