• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Letter to the judge-Does this seem proper?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Blue

I've posted a link twice with such suggestions that were made from attorneys. The post does not come up in this thread as it appears as it's heavily moderated.

Of course I will cc my adversary accordingly. So how is that an ex parte communication?
:rolleyes:

Just Blue

Now that that's been clarified. Back to my original question. You feel my letter is "whiny"?
I never said that.

I said, based on the info provided in your OP, that the Judge would not read it. And based on THAT post...I was correct. ;)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Actually, Pro mentioned that this letter can be construed as "whining" to the judge.

Proserpina

Actually, Pro mentioned that this letter can be construed as "whining" to the judge.

I said it, and I'm dead right.

OP, seriously - it doesn't matter (at this point) whether it's an ex parte communication or not...the point is, EVEN IF the judge read your letter, he can't do ANYTHING with it because you haven't bothered to actually file the correct motion in court.

What did you think would happen?

LBC2006

I said it, and I'm dead right.

OP, seriously - it doesn't matter (at this point) whether it's an ex parte communication or not...the point is, EVEN IF the judge read your letter, he can't do ANYTHING with it because you haven't bothered to actually file the correct motion in court.

What did you think would happen?
I know nothing will happen. My motion has been adjourned. I get that. The fact remains that the issues I seek relief in my motion have to do with my kids. There are orders in place. I don't want to sit back and be passive. If another postponement request is issued by my ex, I would rather have it documented that I respectively asked for consideration being I am a self represented.

What type of Motion is there when objecting to an adjournment and why would I submit such when first adjournments are routinely granted?

Just Blue

I know nothing will happen. My motion has been adjourned. I get that. The fact remains that the issues I seek relief in my motion have to do with my kids. There are orders in place. I don't want to sit back and be passive. If another postponement request is issued by my ex, I would rather have it documented that I respectively asked for consideration being I am a self represented.

What type of Motion is there when objecting to an adjournment and why would I submit such when first adjournments are routinely granted?
When you are Pro Se you are treated like a licensed attorney. You do NOT get special "consideration".

LBC2006

When you are Pro Se you are treated like a licensed attorney. You do NOT get special "consideration".
I don't believe I stated I want special treatment. So is my original question ever to be answered or do you get what you pay for here?

My consideration request is directly related to granting any further postponements. Please read my letter to the judge

Last edited:

LBC2006

You were faster than I...:cool:
Ok never mind. My consideration comment was directly related to my OP in regards to granting another adjournment. Being self represented in court is not my first rodeo. Addressing an issue w a judge outside of is. Thanks for your advice. Snort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">