• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Letter to the judge-Does this seem proper?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverplum

Ok never mind. My consideration comment was directly related to my OP in regards to granting another adjournment. Being self represented in court is not my first rodeo. Addressing an issue w a judge outside of is. Thanks for your advice. Snort
So, here I am with a link for you, and I find these snotty posts. Golly, the link just disappeared.

You can find your answer on the NY Court website. :rolleyes:

LdiJ

I've posted a link twice with such suggestions that were made from attorneys. The post does not come up in this thread as it appears as it's heavily moderated.

Of course I will cc my adversary accordingly. So how is that an ex parte communication?
You really need to make your objection in the form of a motion, not in a letter format.

LBC2006

Please don't discredit the fact that they are licensed in NJ..After all you can't believe everything you read on the internet. Just sayin

So here is your law schooled individuals advice..Good evening

Last edited by a moderator:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It's my first letter to a judge and want to ensure it's appropriate and proper form

No. It is neither appropriate nor in the proper form.

I hope that this is now clear to you.

LBC2006

Hey thanks.
So can someone tell me if you cannot insert links in this forum? They keep getting deleted from mod's apparently. Just curious why.

Proserpina stated he/she would like to see which legal site suggested such action. It is a well respected one. I posted the link to the actual suggestions from the attorneys.

Silverplum

So can someone tell me if you cannot insert links in this forum? They keep getting deleted from mod's apparently. Just curious why.

Proserpina stated he/she would like to see which legal site suggested such action. It is a well respected one. I posted the link to the actual suggestions from the attorneys.
Who cares?

Did you get what you paid for?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Proserpina

Try enclosing the link with format

Or, to make it idiot-proof, just give me the address here and take out the "http" bit.

Just to reiterate:

I'm asking you who suggested that you "write the judge a letter" versus submitting a motion.

I have a feeling I know what's coming though :cool:

LBC2006

I did well in my hearing. Just tucked my kids in actually..Thanks for everything

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">