• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Love.. Not legally?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Trails

confused2006 said:
no me and 16&23 are not the same person but our situation is almost the same except that i have a baby and she does not.

arkansas

you just have to understand my situation i was raped at 12 and the guy is now in prision for 20 years and my soon to be husband was the only one who would except me for me and noone my age wants to be with a girl who has been raped and he did and we have been together for 1 year and almost 6months and we have a 4month and 3week old little girl together.

By posting the above post you are not contributing to this thread. It's called hi-jacking. Doing this often confuses the original thread. Your post would have been better in your thread.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
confused2006 said:
arkansas

you just have to understand my situation i was raped at 12 and the guy is now in prision for 20 years and my soon to be husband was the only one who would except me for me and noone my age wants to be with a girl who has been raped and he did and we have been together for 1 year and almost 6months and we have a 4month and 3week old little girl together
So you traded one rapist for another. Lovely.

16&23

cbg said:
And while I don't expect you to believe me, there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with a 23 year old who is interested in dating a 16 year old.

There's a reason most of us have a problem with the age difference. It's not just because we're mean and nasty and don't want you to have any fun.
I totally understand why some people have problems with age differences, and I would like to hear opinions. But they are just that. Opinions. Thank you for your opinion.

16&23

april_price said:
Yes. When i was 15 i was engaged to a 22 yr. old. Even if yall don't engage in sexual intercourse, he could still get statutory rape charges. My ex almost did. I don't know your dad but, i would say that if he sees you moved in with your mom so you could see this guy, he will press charges against him. He is still your dad and still has legal rights to you.
BE really careful whatever you decide, if you really like this guy, you don't want to get him in trouble.
Thank you for your information! I understand what you are saying. I talked to this guy friend of mine today and we know the consequences of dating. We are just friends right now and we're ok with that.. for now. But we wanted information for later on down the road. I have a bright future ahead of me, i don't want to ruin it by geting in trouble w/ the law. Or getting him in trouble.
Thank you.

16&23

confused2006 said:
no me and 16&23 are not the same person but our situation is almost the same except that i have a baby and she does not.
Confused.. While I understand that you are not used to this site, please stop hi-jacking my thread!! It is easier if you stick to one thread and get all replies there. I sympathize with you in your situation.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Our opinions are based on experience; experiences that at the age of 16 you cannot possibly have. They are based on facts, not on emotion, and not on an idealized vision of how the future is going to be.

Since you want to hear opinions, here's another one; by the time you are actually old enough to make this kind of life-altering decision, he'll be long gone.

16&23

cbg said:
Our opinions are based on experience; experiences that at the age of 16 you cannot possibly have. They are based on facts, not on emotion, and not on an idealized vision of how the future is going to be.

Since you want to hear opinions, here's another one; by the time you are actually old enough to make this kind of life-altering decision, he'll be long gone.
Ok and thank you for your opinion. I think that what some of you are not understanding is that we are just friends. And we plan to stay friends until I am 18, if and that is a big if, we decide to be more then we will. But for now we are friends. I just wanted to know in case Something did happen.

You Are Guilty

16&23 said:
Ok and thank you for your opinion. I think that what some of you are not understanding is that we are just friends. And we plan to stay friends until I am 18, if and that is a big if, we decide to be more then we will. But for now we are friends. I just wanted to know in case Something did happen.
And what you are not understanding is that everyone here who is two, three, four times as old as you have all seen this exact same situation before, some many, many times, and more often than not, what you think is going to happen is not what actually happens in reality.

In reality, you're probably going to hook up with this guy, probably get knocked up, and when he leaves you in a year or so for a 15 year old, you'll come back wondering if you're entitled to child support from him and if you can put him in jail for statutory rape a year after the fact...

gryndor

16&23 said:
Confused.. While I understand that you are not used to this site, please stop hi-jacking my thread!! It is easier if you stick to one thread and get all replies there. I sympathize with you in your situation.
Oh Please!! I have never seen an OP do this. You're not fooling me. Get a life.

AHA

And if you succed in waiting til your 18 before having sex with this older guy, you are teen of the century!!!!

16&23

AHA said:
And if you succed in waiting til your 18 before having sex with this older guy, you are teen of the century!!!!
I think that a problem with most adults today is that they don't have faith in todays teens. I have my faith and I can wait to have sex. Many teens do that you know, you just have to know the right ones.

AHA

16&23 said:
I think that a problem with most adults today is that they don't have faith in todays teens. I have my faith and I can wait to have sex. Many teens do that you know, you just have to know the right ones.

And yet they get online to ask what legal level of sex they can have without getting in trouble!!!! hm......... :confused:

Happy Trails

16&23 said:
The problem isn't with adults not having faith in our youth. It is simply that the youth you are referring to are not that numerous.

It is good that you have your faith. That can bring you through many difficult times.

Many teens lose their virginity, either from feeling pressured, being under the influence or they think they are in love. I knew many that regretted doing what they did after the fact.

I graduated 20+ years ago, there were only 3 of us girls that were still virgins after graduation. So the 'many' you refer to is simply hard for me to believe.

I know as a teen you are maturing into adulthood and your hormones are raging. But bringing sex into a relationship when you still have so much in life to do really complicates your teen life. There are a lot of diseases and consequences that one faces if they become sexually active at such a young age or any age for that matter.

Yet I agree with Aha, teens often come to this site to see just how far they can go without any legal consequences.

You say you have faith there for you have morals.

AHA

16&23 said:
As long as so many teens keep having unprotected sex and having babies left right and center that THEIR parents have to support, I'd say many teens don't deserve trust from adults. Why should they be given trust when they just abuse it??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">