• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother will be arrested-Lose custody of child?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I had my son 85% of the time since July.

I kept records and it was proven that since the last week of July that I had my son 85% of the time. So much so I enrolled him in pre-school. She claimed that I did not let her see her son for the whole month of Jan. and Feb. This is true to a point. She never once called to set up a time to pick her son up. She always had her dad making the call. I got tired of that and told him I was not going to drop him off unless she made the call. Looking back that was the wrong thing to do and I got my butt chewed by the judge for doing that. A big mistake on my part. Rumor is she lost her drivers license again and sure enough she was not there when I dropped my son off yesterday. As usual it was her dad. I will not make that mistake again. But it does seem like the law still favors the mother. I find it amazing she has no income except for CS and because of this she gets an apartment at a cut rate because of this. I on the other hand do not get this break. Why do i feel pretty good? I'm pretty certain the judge gave her one more chance. And because of her choices in the past she will screw up again.

Just Blue

Why do i feel pretty good? I'm pretty certain the judge gave her one more chance. And because of her choices in the past she will screw up again.
This comment says a lot about you.

My ex was a screw-up. Didn't see lil'bay for almost 4 years...That gave me no joy...I didn't feel "good". When ex got his _ _ _ _ together I was ecstatic. Lil'bay and Dad have a great relationship now.

As a matter of fact they are currently dancing around my living room to Amy Winehouse.

You need to think about bettering YOUR parenting skills before judging Mom's.

CJane

She claimed that I did not let her see her son for the whole month of Jan. and Feb. This is true to a point.
Well, this clarifies why she's back to primary. Facilitating a relationship is rather important. You weren't doing that.

Well,Okay

My ex was a screw-up. Didn't see lil'bay for almost 4 years...That gave me no joy...I didn't feel "good". When ex got his _ _ _ _ together I was ecstatic. Lil'bay and Dad have a great relationship now.

As a matter of fact they are currently dancing around my living room to Amy Winehouse.

I told you I screwed up. I thought I was doing the right thing and I was wrong and the judge told me so. And as far as bettering my parenting skills I did everything right up until Jan and Feb.I just thought that it was "she" that should have called and "she" should have been the one to pick him up. And so far I haven't brought another child into this world to let the taxpayers to take care of. I have always been employed and have never missed a CS payment and have never taken a dime from the government. In the meantime she brings another child into this world,refuses to get a job and my son is getting to that age where he's starting to figure things out. So please forgive me for judging her parenting "skills". And by the way when I went to get my taxes done I was informed that someone had claimed my son on there taxes illegally.Gee I wonder who that was? So add that to the credit card fraud that is under investigation. And it's been 4 years also and i'm still waiting for her to start getting her act together. I just don'e see it happening and in the meantime I have to think of the future for my son. The fact is he would be better off living with me and be in pre-school and getting ready for regular school. We would work a visitation schedule out and take it from there.

LdiJ

I told you I screwed up. I thought I was doing the right thing and I was wrong and the judge told me so. And as far as bettering my parenting skills I did everything right up until Jan and Feb.I just thought that it was "she" that should have called and "she" should have been the one to pick him up. And so far I haven't brought another child into this world to let the taxpayers to take care of. I have always been employed and have never missed a CS payment and have never taken a dime from the government. In the meantime she brings another child into this world,refuses to get a job and my son is getting to that age where he's starting to figure things out. So please forgive me for judging her parenting "skills". And by the way when I went to get my taxes done I was informed that someone had claimed my son on there taxes illegally.Gee I wonder who that was? So add that to the credit card fraud that is under investigation. And it's been 4 years also and i'm still waiting for her to start getting her act together. I just don'e see it happening and in the meantime I have to think of the future for my son. The fact is he would be better off living with me and be in pre-school and getting ready for regular school. We would work a visitation schedule out and take it from there.
How do you know that someone has claimed your son "illegally"? Are you certain that you are the person who is legally able to claim your child?

I am not saying that your son wasn't claimed illegally, I am simply pointing out that you may not be the person entitled to claim the child under the IRS regs. You may have had your child 85% of the time since July, but that doesn't necessarily make you the custodial parent as defined by the IRS.

Example:

The child lived primarily with mom, in the grandparents home from the first of the year until some time in July. The grandparents paid for everything. The child also resided in their home 15% of the time from some time in July until the end of the year. The grandparents might very well be the ones entitled to claim the child.

And before you argue that that wasn't the way it was...I will repeat that that was just an example.

I am a tax professional.

Last edited:
My parenting skills-What about her "skills"?

It has been less than a week since the new court orders for visitation and the mothers lawyer calls this morning saying she already wants the visitation schedule changed. Well she has only had my son since last Saturday night and it's already cramping her lifestyle. I told you she is not going change but i'm still hoping she does. Maybe she will change her ways in the next 4 years. Anyway I told her a big "NO" and told her for once she has to do what the court order says.

2Mistakes

It has been less than a week since the new court orders for visitation and the mothers lawyer calls this morning saying she already wants the visitation schedule changed. Well she has only had my son since last Saturday night and it's already cramping her lifestyle. I told you she is not going change but i'm still hoping she does. Maybe she will change her ways in the next 4 years. Anyway I told her a big "NO" and told her for once she has to do what the court order says.
So wait. Does that mean that you TURNED DOWN additional time with your son?

AAaaaHHhh I can't win!

So wait. Does that mean that you TURNED DOWN additional time with your son?
This is what got me into trouble before. In the past I would take him and I proved I had him 85% of the time since July(and 50% of the time before that). Having him 85% went against me in court and the judge ordered her to have him for the next 3 weeks and after that I was to get him every other weekend. I did not get all I wanted at the trial(I wanted him to live with me and to work out a visitation schedule with the mother)and she didn't get all she wanted so I came away from this thinking for now it was a fair decision. The judge said for the mother to have him for the next 3 weeks. Am I missing something here? Why did we spend 8 hours in court only for her to try and go against what the judge ordered? Also before we had a trial we tried 3 different times to work out a fair visitation schedule and the mother refused and wanted it to go to trial. I'm not the bad father for turning her down but she is the bad mother for not wanting to spend more time with him. Like I said I will take him but I want to make it legal to protect myself. I think that's only fair. For the record here is what she asked for in court: 50/50 time spent with each parent- 100% healthcare payed by the father- Twice the CS amount that was figured by the state calculator having extraordinary visitation figured in equation-Wanted me to pick up my son at 1:00pm every Wednesday(Keep in mind I work a regular 8 hr. day,she does not work).

Last edited:
I hear ya

I wouldnt think preschool is that big of a deal. Whether or not they go . The only reason my child went was because she wanted to. I did not want her to. I wanted another year with her at home with me. I was a stay at home mom. My stepson did not attend preschool. He stayed at home with me.
I just thought by enrolling him in preschool he could spend some time with other kids his own age for a few hours of the day. It was not an all day preschool. He did enjoy it. The rest of the day my dad watches him so it's worked out pretty well.

This is what got me into trouble before. In the past I would take him and I proved I had him 85% of the time since July(and 50% of the time before that). Having him 85% went against me in court and the judge ordered her to have him for the next 3 weeks and after that I was to get him every other weekend. I did not get all I wanted at the trial(I wanted him to live with me and to work out a visitation schedule with the mother)and she didn't get all she wanted so I came away from this thinking for now it was a fair decision. The judge said for the mother to have him for the next 3 weeks. Am I missing something here? Why did we spend 8 hours in court only for her to try and go against what the judge ordered? Also before we had a trial we tried 3 different times to work out a fair visitation schedule and the mother refused and wanted it to go to trial. I'm not the bad father for turning her down but she is the bad mother for not wanting to spend more time with him. Like I said I will take him but I want to make it legal to protect myself. I think that's only fair. For the record here is what she asked for in court: 50/50 time spent with each parent- 100% healthcare payed by the father- Twice the CS amount that was figured by the state calculator having extraordinary visitation figured in equation-Wanted me to pick up my son at 1:00pm every Wednesday(Keep in mind I work a regular 8 hr. day,she does not work).

As I'm reading over your thread, you seem to say so much negative things about the MOTHER of your child, yet to SLEPT with this bad person. Hmmmm.... if she's such a bad parent why did you go in naked (without a condom) to sleep with her?

It's funny how she was this amazing women while bedding her, yet now that there's a baby invloved, she's all of a sudden a monster.:rolleyes:

Your right and this was my mistake

You did not get in trouble for having extra time with your child. You got in trouble for keeping the child from the mother and not facilitating a relationship between the two. You showed if you had custody you would not do those things and would try to push mom away. That's why you were taken back to every other weekend.
For the first months(July to Dec.)it did not start out that way. I finally got tired of her dropping him off unannounced and not following any schedule. It got very frustrating and I finally told her that I was going to wait until the court date in Feb. and we would go by what the judge ordered. Now I realize that was the wrong thing to do and the judge chewed me out for that. So the judge ordered the new visitation schedule and it's not even been in effect for 1 week and already she want's to change it. I'm really confused here. Should we not do what the judge ordered?

Yes a mistake was made

As I'm reading over your thread, you seem to say so much negative things about the MOTHER of your child, yet to SLEPT with this bad person. Hmmmm.... if she's such a bad parent why did you go in naked (without a condom) to sleep with her?

It's funny how she was this amazing women while bedding her, yet now that there's a baby invloved, she's all of a sudden a monster.:rolleyes:
Yes a mistake was made. But with most mistakes that are made it's how well you handle them in the future that counts. In my case as the years have gone by the mother has shown little interest in her son. This happens in some cases. You could take your post(Amazing women while bedding her,she's all of a sudden a monster,rolleyes.)and apply it to most post's in this forum. The child is here and the most important job is to make sure they have good parenting. We went to court and the judge made her decision. I accept it and will do my best to follow that decision.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yes a mistake was made. But with most mistakes that are made it's how well you handle them in the future that counts. In my case as the years have gone by the mother has shown little interest in her son. This happens in some cases. You could take your post(Amazing women while bedding her,she's all of a sudden a monster,rolleyes.)and apply it to most post's in this forum. The child is here and the most important job is to make sure they have good parenting. We went to court and the judge made her decision. I accept it and will do my best to follow that decision.
And as with most of the posts in this forum we expect the adults to actually behave as such. The child is alive. The child has TWO parents. Neither parent should try to isolate the other parent. But your attitude quite frankly needs adjusted. You are showing a pattern of trying to CONTROL mom. And you are making it ALL about mom and not about your child.

You are correct

And as with most of the posts in this forum we expect the adults to actually behave as such. The child is alive. The child has TWO parents. Neither parent should try to isolate the other parent. But your attitude quite frankly needs adjusted. You are showing a pattern of trying to CONTROL mom. And you are making it ALL about mom and not about your child.
This is why we went to court. The judge made her decision and the visitation schedule along with the CS amount was also settled. I do hope that both of us can follow what the judge ordered and take it from there. My son turns 5 in a few months so school is just around the corner. I want him to know that he has a mother and a father who do care for him very much.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
This is why we went to court. The judge made her decision and the visitation schedule along with the CS amount was also settled. I do hope that both of us can follow what the judge ordered and take it from there. My son turns 5 in a few months so school is just around the corner. I want him to know that he has a mother and a father who do care for him very much.
But that hasn't ended your control issues.
I told you she is not going change but i'm still hoping she does. Maybe she will change her ways in the next 4 years. Anyway I told her a big "NO" and told her for once she has to do what the court order says.
Where was your son in this above statement? YOU made it about HER. SHe has to do what the court order says? You didn't want your son more time because why? Oh yeah you want to force her to do things. I got it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">