• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother will be arrested-Lose custody of child?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ok Ohiogal,You win

But that hasn't ended your control issues.

Where was your son in this above statement? YOU made it about HER. SHe has to do what the court order says? You didn't want your son more time because why? Oh yeah you want to force her to do things. I got it.
You win. I hang my head in shame. Just for the record I had my son well over 50% of the time for the past 2-3 years. I kept my nose out of trouble(speeding ticket in 2006) and she has been arrested 4 times and now with the identity theft and credit card fraud who knows if that will make 5 times. I still maintain that my son would be better off if he lived with me and the mother could have visitation. Like I said I got my butt chewed out by the judge and I was wrong. As far as the control issues I will follow the court orders and drop my son off and pick him up at the time and place spelled out in the court order. All of our issues were aired out in court and the judge made her decision. I think it was a fair decision.

mommyof4

You win. I hang my head in shame. Just for the record I had my son well over 50% of the time for the past 2-3 years. I kept my nose out of trouble(speeding ticket in 2006) and she has been arrested 4 times and now with the identity theft and credit card fraud who knows if that will make 5 times. I still maintain that my son would be better off if he lived with me and the mother could have visitation. Like I said I got my butt chewed out by the judge and I was wrong. As far as the control issues I will follow the court orders and drop my son off and pick him up at the time and place spelled out in the court order. All of our issues were aired out in court and the judge made her decision. I think it was a fair decision.
Unless it is stated otherwise in your court order, the time set out for the child to spend with you is the MINIMUM amount of time the CP (in this case, Mother) must allow. Unless specifically addressed, it is not contemptuous of the court order if you spend MORE time with your child.

Thanks for the info

Unless it is stated otherwise in your court order, the time set out for the child to spend with you is the MINIMUM amount of time the CP (in this case, Mother) must allow. Unless specifically addressed, it is not contemptuous of the court order if you spend MORE time with your child.
Mommyof4, Hey thanks for that info. Up to this point nothing was ever said about this. I will check on this and see what can be done.

TNBSMommy

If I were you, I'd just enjoy all the time she let me have with him... If she is too busy, keep your son, if she has "better" things to do, look at it as a blessing and an extra day you get with your son. You have to let go of the bitterness, and just focus on being a good dad. Let her do what she is going to do, and focus on your son. If she is going to screw up, she is going to screw up, if she is going to be a good mom, then she is going to be a good mom and YOU are not going to be able to influence that either way. We can all sit and WANT our ex's to be the kind of parents we WANT them to be, but they are only going to BE the kind of parents they are GOING to be. Take him when you can get him, let her have him when she wants him and just concentrate on making your son a happy healthy child who sees his parents (or at least one of them) doing what is best for him, and loving him more than they dislike their ex... (stole that one from OG I think, I love that line)you are not going to get in trouble for taking him more than the court ordered time...

LdiJ

However don't misunderstand this to mean that you can arbitrarily keep the child for extra time, without mom's agreement.

inkywalnut74

This is why we went to court. The judge made her decision and the visitation schedule along with the CS amount was also settled. I do hope that both of us can follow what the judge ordered and take it from there. My son turns 5 in a few months so school is just around the corner. I want him to know that he has a mother and a father who do care for him very much.
I seriously feel for you. Setting aside emotions is hard. You need to do that.

I understand where you are coming from. Take your son as often as possible. Document it. Once you have ample amount of time that is documented, go back to court. If you are regularly having your son 50% or more of the time, ask for 50/50.

It is obvious from the info supplied, that you want your son. I agree that he should be with you. Mom doesn't get what it is meant to be a full time mom. I personally don't think you have to maintain a relationship with mom. You must be able to co-parent. Sometimes that is difficult.

Just Blue

I seriously feel for you. Setting aside emotions is hard. You need to do that.

I understand where you are coming from. Take your son as often as possible. Document it. Once you have ample amount of time that is documented, go back to court. If you are regularly having your son 50% or more of the time, ask for 50/50.

It is obvious from the info supplied, that you want your son. I agree that he should be with you. Mom doesn't get what it is meant to be a full time mom. I personally don't think you have to maintain a relationship with mom. You must be able to co-parent. Sometimes that is difficult.
Stop. Just STOP! The OP has proven that he is unable to co-parent...Which is why he was not given PC despite that fact that, apparently, he could document 85% custody for the last year.

OP was given PROPER LEGAL ADVICE.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You're a bit dense, aren't you... You were NOT chewed out for taking more time with your son. You WERE chewed out for denying her the ability to see him.

If she asks for you to take him, you do - and document it. Each and every time. Then, when it goes back to court, you can show the judge that she continued providing you with more time and therefore custody should be changed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">