• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my 9 yr old was molested

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

family1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

My 9 yr old dtr told me that her 18 yo 1/2 brother has been molesting her for the last 1 1/2 years. I do not want my daughter to have to go thru more than she already has had to go thru but I do feel that she needs to talk to a trained child psychologist to work thru her thoughts and fears. I understand that when I ask my pediatrician for a recommendation for the child psycologist that he will have to report this to the law but how will that affect my daughter? I dont care what happens to her 1/2 brother but I care what happens to her. Will the police be in contact and interviewing her?

Thanks for any help and guidance you can provide me.

family1

What if I dont wish the police to talk to my daughter about this . I feel that will just make this issue even worse for her.

family1

Of course I dont want a child molester to hurt my daughter which is why I know that she needs to talk to a child psychologist but that doesnt mean that I feel that talking to a police officer who is not a child psychologist is necessary. he is my step son and no longer part of my family. he will not have any access to my home ever again. I am trying to make this the easiest that I can for my daughters sake. That is all that I care about which is helping her try to deal with this tragedy that has happened and at the hands of her much loved brother!

seniorjudge

That is all that I care about which is helping her try to deal with this tragedy that has happened and at the hands of her much loved brother!

Who loves a piece of scum like that?

family1

Never mind. You're defintely not able to provide guidance that helps a broken hearted family who is trying to do the right thing. I was looking for guidance from a loving type of person which is defintely not what you are.

CourtClerk

The right thing to do is to call the da*n police. What the heck is wrong with you???

The right thing to do is to teach your daughter that when people HURT you, you do everything in your power to make sure they are punished to the fullest extent of the law. At this point, you should tell your child's doctor that you do not wish to go to the police, do not wish to aid in the prosecution of your daughter's molester, so that they can in turn put your child in a home with RESPONSIBLE ADULTS.

Both you and your step son are tremendous POS in my book.

Last edited:

cyjeff

What would be harder on a molested 9 year old...

Finding out that mommy sent the bad person to jail or finding out that mommy felt that letting the bad person walk the streets without any penalty.

The next child that the brother molests...and there WILL be another... is as much your fault as his.

How dare you even think twice about that. With a little luck, the psychologist will not only call the police on the molester in your home but also upon you for allowing this to continue.

Maybe your daughter's foster family will protect her.

The only loving thing to do is to call the police.

The only legal thing to do is to call the police.

The only moral thing to do is to call the police.

The only reasonable thing to do is to call the police.

The only responsible thing to do is to call the police.

It's not that we don't hear your question. It's just that the answer is the same regardless.

Call the police!

Some Random Guy

I ageree with the doctor is in:

The only loving thing to do is to call the police.

The only legal thing to do is to call the police.

The only moral thing to do is to call the police.

The only reasonable thing to do is to call the police.

The only responsible thing to do is to call the police.

It's not that we don't hear your question. It's just that the answer is the same regardless.

Call the police!

Nativity

Of course I dont want a child molester to hurt my daughter which is why I know that she needs to talk to a child psychologist but that doesnt mean that I feel that talking to a police officer who is not a child psychologist is necessary. he is my step son and no longer part of my family. he will not have any access to my home ever again. I am trying to make this the easiest that I can for my daughters sake. That is all that I care about which is helping her try to deal with this tragedy that has happened and at the hands of her much loved brother!
Try viewing it like this. The step son now is no longer in your home, which is good, but what if this wasn't his first time committing abuse? What if the parents of the first child felt they were protecting their child by not reporting it and figured "counseling will heal it"? While it may or may not help their child the Pervert gets away with it. And will have it in his head he can do what he wishes and continues to abuse children.

That doesn't bother you at all? You feel comfortable knowing that because you didn't wish to report it you gave the pervert the green light to continue doing it?

cyjeff

Never mind. You're defintely not able to provide guidance that helps a broken hearted family who is trying to do the right thing. I was looking for guidance from a loving type of person which is defintely not what you are.
That's alright. So was your daughter.

Now she has found out that her pain and worth is not worth mommy's time or brother's punishment.

Later, when you tell her that she has value and worth in your eyes, be ready for her to laugh in your face.

You wanna know the worst part. I bet even money that the reason you don't want to have him arrested is because having a son arrested for incest will embarrass YOU.... that people will look at YOU will pity and scorn... that people will wonder what kind of a house you are running... that people will question your abilities as a mother....

And your embarrassment trumps your daughter's molestation.

If you think we are being harsh on you, wait until you are standing in front of a judge trying to explain why you should keep your children....

What you don't seem to understand is that your actions are just a different kind of rape... rape is a type of powerplay... and you are showing your daughter that she has no power... that she has no worth... and that she is disposable if mommy and daddy would get too embarrassed.

When you get your next botox treatment or plastic surgery, make sure you get your tubes tied.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What if I dont wish the police to talk to my daughter about this . I feel that will just make this issue even worse for her.
The police will make an appointment to a special center where the abuse will be discussed in a therapeutic enviroment and videotaped for further review. If you don't call them, you are as guilty as your daughter's abuser.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">