• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help Please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tinaa said:
You're talking to someone who is owed $20,000+ in back support. I've been back to court more times than I can count. Don't whine to me. Get a job or two!
Tinaa, grow up. You run your mouth without thinking. My accumulated child support debt is also in the thousands and I don't mean a measly couple of thousands. I have two jobs (daytime and p/t) AND attend classes which I should be licensed to practice in my field in 3 weeks. :D

Anyway, yes, I am proud of that acomplishment but your response to my post about people needing TANF was based on ignorance. How do I recieve TANF working that much? Simple! The ex has an ongoing history on non-payment and we had a couple of children which runs my daycare bill well over $2,000/mo. And I don't have Section 8 either. I pay my rent in full.

Unbelievable.

Shay-Pari'e

JThomas said:
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cause a problem on here. I'm looking for work but I've just always had someone to support me. Please don't think I'm a gold digger, because I'm not. :(
OH BROTHER! Just who did you think was going to support your breeding? Me?

My tax dollars at work again.:rolleyes:

stealth2 said:
Some more of OP's story:

Thanks for giving custodial mothers a bad name. :mad:
:eek: Now that is NOT cool at all. I also typed my previous post before I saw the one about the OP not working. Seriously....get a job. I don't have a problem with people on TANF but I was about to lose my jobs and schooling if I didn't get it. I also feel like the county should be reimbursed. Therefore, I'm fully cooperating with them to obtain the child support arrearages. We are also eligible for WIC but I refused because I think someone else should have it. If it wasn't for TANF, I would have lost my children, my home and not be able to move towards a better job and higher income. There are people that use state aid for good and don't abuse it. I think one year of it to turn your life around is plenty of time.

JThomas

I'm living with family right now and I am trying very hard to find a job, 2 jobs if I have to, in order to support my child, but I still don't see why I should allow him to see his child when it didn't seem all that important to him when we were married.

JThomas

Frustrated_one said:
Tinaa, grow up. You run your mouth without thinking. My accumulated child support debt is also in the thousands and I don't mean a measly couple of thousands. I have two jobs (daytime and p/t) AND attend classes which I should be licensed to practice in my field in 3 weeks. :D

Anyway, yes, I am proud of that acomplishment but your response to my post about people needing TANF was based on ignorance. How do I recieve TANF working that much? Simple! The ex has an ongoing history on non-payment and we had a couple of children which runs my daycare bill well over $2,000/mo. And I don't have Section 8 either. I pay my rent in full.

Unbelievable.
Where are the fathers?

weenor

JThomas said:
I'm living with family right now and I am trying very hard to find a job, 2 jobs if I have to, in order to support my child, but I still don't see why I should allow him to see his child when it didn't seem all that important to him when we were married.
THAT is not your call. He is the child's father and has the same rights that you have as the child's mother. But keep on...when he files the paperwork and you give this explanation to the judge, he can get custody and your financial problem will be solved.:rolleyes:

JThomas said:
Personal opinion. Has nothing to do with the child.

As for finding a job, there are jobs everywhere. Sometimes people just don't want to take certain ones.

I find it hard to believe that McDonald's or Walmart wouldn't hire you. They hire just about anyone. ;)

CJane

Frustrated_oneWe are also eligible for WIC but I refused because I think someone else should have it. [/QUOTE said:
You do know that WIC is not welfare, right? USE IT! Good Lord... I'd be on WIC before I took TANF or food stamps or anything else.

And WHY is daycare $2000/month? My total living expenses with three kids and a car payment aren't even $2000/month.

CJane said:
You do know that WIC is not welfare, right? USE IT! Good Lord... I'd be on WIC before I took TANF or food stamps or anything else.

And WHY is daycare $2000/month? My total living expenses with three kids and a car payment aren't even $2000/month.
It's OVER $2,000/month. One child alone cost me $200/week. These are normal rates which the judge even told my ex usually go up to $250/week per child. So times that by 3 children at 4.3 weeks a months and you get a hefty child care bill.

The TANF issue - TANF helps with that big childcare bill. The courts expected us to share the financial responsibilities. He isn't. Therefore, I work full-time and part-time, go to school and I'm still unable to pay the bills. I gave up our family van after the divorce and we now have a small used car. We shop at thrift shops, Walmart, cheaper grocery stores, etc. Ironically, the ex has a brand new Chrysler and has tole me about building a new home.

You want to really be shocked - our rent for a 3 bedroom apt is $1,575! And it's considered a good deal. :eek:

I'll be off TANF in about 8 months max because I should have a better paying job by then. TANF was just my short-term means to an end. I had to get off that cycle of leaving my kids with other people for 16+ hrs a day while eating Ramen noodles and reading the latest gas cut off statement.

LdiJ

Making a point

We tend here to ridicule both mothers and fathers who are on state assistance, or who are going to school on assistance and not working to support their children.

So...I thought I would give some actual "numbers" to what we are talking about.

Even in an area that doesn't have a high cost of living daycare is usually at least 100.00 a week per child. So lets talk about someone with just one child, and living in an area that doesn't have high cost of living....where daycare can easily be 200.00 a week for one child.

So...the CP has only the education for a minimum wage job, and that is a gross of approx 240.00 a week and about 200.00 a week after taxes. Daycare takes 100.00 a week and that leaves 100.00 a week to support the cp and child....does that compute?...NO.

So...the cp files for child support. That gives the cp 100.00 a week from their own wages plus maybe 100.00 a week from the ncp...plus half of daycare. Does that even compute into being enough to support the cp and the child?....hell no....and that is the cp working full time.

So...the CP files for state assistance. That gives the CP approx 275 a month for food stamps, 230 month for cash assistance, Hud housing and daycare help and grants to go to school. Unless the CP is STUPID this is a better way to go. The CP will get the necessary education to get a decent job, and the taxpayers won't be paying for the children forever. However, the ncp will be throwing a major hissy fit....the ncp is paying the majority of the child's support based on the cs calcuation. The ncp will be stomping up and down demanding that the cp get a job....without even looking at the REAL numbers....the long term results.

Of course its the other way around when its the ncp not working....because they don't have primary responsibility for providing for the child.

JThomas

weenor said:
THAT is not your call. He is the child's father and has the same rights that you have as the child's mother. But keep on...when he files the paperwork and you give this explanation to the judge, he can get custody and your financial problem will be solved.:rolleyes:
What paperwork could he file?:confused:

Shay-Pari'e

LdiJ said:
We tend here to ridicule both mothers and fathers who are on state assistance, or who are going to school on assistance and not working to support their children.

So...I thought I would give some actual "numbers" to what we are talking about.

Even in an area that doesn't have a high cost of living daycare is usually at least 100.00 a week per child. So lets talk about someone with just one child, and living in an area that doesn't have high cost of living....where daycare can easily be 200.00 a week for one child.

So...the CP has only the education for a minimum wage job, and that is a gross of approx 240.00 a week and about 200.00 a week after taxes. Daycare takes 100.00 a week and that leaves 100.00 a week to support the cp and child....does that compute?...NO.

So...the cp files for child support. That gives the cp 100.00 a week from their own wages plus maybe 100.00 a week from the ncp...plus half of daycare. Does that even compute into being enough to support the cp and the child?....hell no....and that is the cp working full time.

So...the CP files for state assistance. That gives the CP approx 275 a month for food stamps, 230 month for cash assistance, Hud housing and daycare help and grants to go to school. Unless the CP is STUPID this is a better way to go. The CP will get the necessary education to get a decent job, and the taxpayers won't be paying for the children forever. However, the ncp will be throwing a major hissy fit....the ncp is paying the majority of the child's support based on the cs calcuation. The ncp will be stomping up and down demanding that the cp get a job....without even looking at the REAL numbers....the long term results.

Of course its the other way around when its the ncp not working....because they don't have primary responsibility for providing for the child.
Funny, you only mentioned us tax payers not supporting her kids *Forever*once she is finally educated and with a job. Frankly, I don't want to support anyones kid from the get-go.

Bla Bla Bla Ldij and your biass opinions.

If she wasn't mature enough to support herself from the beginning, then she should not be breeding at my expense.

Last edited:

weenor

Shay-Pari'e said:
See what I mean Ldij? She shouldn't have had unprotected sex without having a brain first.
ROFLMAO!!

OP the peition for modication of custody, the rule ni si petition for contempt....the list goes on. You'll see.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">