• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor tossing cigarette buds in my yard

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gawm

What is the name of your state?AZ
this is going to sound a little petty but it is really getting under my skin.
my neighbor to the right of me(they rent, moved in about 4 months ago) is tossing their cigarette buds in my yard. I never had this problem before they moved in. I am going to confront them tomorrow(I'll be nice about it)but my worry is anyone scumbag enough to do this in the first place might not get it. my question is if they don't stop what are my options? Should i call the police? i know it's kind of petty but it is really annoying. Appreciate any responses, thanks

gawm

will the landlord care about this? i think they are an out of state investor, it took them six months to rent it out after they bought it. i would not even know how to go about finding them. hopefully after i ask them politely to stop they will. if they don't, i don't know what else i can do

LindaP777

It's my understanding that the nicotine in cigarettes can be fatal when ingested by little ones. If you have small children or pets, tell them you're very worried about them eating the butts and getting sick.

Another solution . . . buy a decorative urn or flower pot and fill with sand. Place it next to the neighbors door and ask them to use it for their cigarettes. It might cost you a little money, but it's better then them throwing the butts in your yard!

panzertanker

gawm said:
What is the name of your state?AZ
this is going to sound a little petty but it is really getting under my skin.
my neighbor to the right of me(they rent, moved in about 4 months ago) is tossing their cigarette buds in my yard. I never had this problem before they moved in. I am going to confront them tomorrow(I'll be nice about it)but my worry is anyone scumbag enough to do this in the first place might not get it. my question is if they don't stop what are my options? Should i call the police? i know it's kind of petty but it is really annoying. Appreciate any responses, thanks
I suggest you ask nicely, and if no change:
Pick them up and dump them back in their yard.

BelizeBreeze

HomeGuru said:
call the police and force them to talk to the butthead and make a written report.
OR, go to your kid's room, look in the sock drawer, open the baggie hidden in one of the socks, take out the seeds, spread them around your neighbor's backyard, wait a few weeks, THEN call the police. :D

HomeGuru

BelizeBreeze said:
OR, go to your kid's room, look in the sock drawer, open the baggie hidden in one of the socks, take out the seeds, spread them around your neighbor's backyard, wait a few weeks, THEN call the police. :D

**A: then it changes from cig buds to mary jane buds.

gawm

BelizeBreeze said:
I really don't feel comfortable doing something illegal like that. Do you have any legal remedies I can try. ISN'T IT ILLEGAL TO LITTER on somebody's property

HomeGuru

gawm said:
I really don't feel comfortable doing something illegal like that. Do you have any legal remedies I can try. ISN'T IT ILLEGAL TO LITTER on somebody's property

**A: Ok, then next time the butthead throws, shoot him.

nextwife

Can you help it if the local birds carry thistle seeds from your feeder to their grass?

I can't stand it when smokers act as though the world is a big ashtray and they go throwing their disgusting cig. butts everywhere (and half the time they are still lit!)

gawm

HomeGuru said:
**A: Ok, then next time the butthead throws, shoot him.
That's exactly the kind of thing I'm trying to avoid. That would even be a higher class felony then what BelizeBreeze told me to do. I don't want anyone getting hurt or killed. I just don't want my house burning down or having to pick up a dozen cigarette buds every other day.

HomeGuru

gawm said:
That's exactly the kind of thing I'm trying to avoid. That would even be a higher class felony then what BelizeBreeze told me to do. I don't want anyone getting hurt or killed. I just don't want my house burning down or having to pick up a dozen cigarette buds every other day.

**A: what the heck is a cigarette bud?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">