• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non-married father seeking custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MarlenePowers

Ok, got another one for you. How can a social security card come in the mail for the child and have my brothers last name and her husbands name be on the birth certificate?

Ok, got another one for you. How can a social security card come in the mail for the child and have my brothers last name and her husbands name be on the birth certificate?
Ooooohhh, good one!

Wait, wait... I got one too: if would-be Dad logs on to FreeAdvice and there's no one else to do his typing for him, does the keyboard make a sound? :confused:

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

Supposedly something was wrong with the birth certificate and it hasn't been mailed yet. Something sounds funny. Don't you normally get the BC before the SSC?
Birth Certificates are filled out and registered through the State. Social Security Cards are APPLIED for through the Federal Government. I don't have the crystal ball to see what's on the other side of this story, so no, I couldn't even fathom a guess as to what's funny or not.

This is why the involved parties are asked to come here and ask their own questions. You've not gotten the whole story, I'm guessing neither has "dad".

I'm getting really disgusted with this attitude. People get advice that they don't like so the people on this site are all man-haters. That is when they're not woman-haters. Or grandparent-haters.

Amazing we have time for that when we're probably all spending every waking minute beating our kids and kicking the dog. :rolleyes:
Big thumbs up to you, agree 100%. But you forgot the step parent haters too, you know because its not like 50% of the senior members on here are either lawyers, GAL's, paralegals or just a mother, father, step parent or grandparent that has gone through SOME kind of legal issue at some point. NOOO not that....:rolleyes:

mistoffolees

Big thumbs up to you, agree 100%. But you forgot the step parent haters too, you know because its not like 50% of the senior members on here are either lawyers, GAL's, paralegals or just a mother, father, step parent or grandparent that has gone through SOME kind of legal issue at some point. NOOO not that....:rolleyes:
50%? I'd venture that at least 95% of the seniors fall into one of those categories. Maybe 99%.

WittyUserName

Supposedly something was wrong with the birth certificate and it hasn't been mailed yet. Something sounds funny. Don't you normally get the BC before the SSC?
Just for giggles, and because I know the answer to this: No.
But as has been pointed out here a number of times - this is still Dad's deal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">