• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Once you turn 18, do all the charges against you, that you recieved as a minor drop?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiana Filer

Nicholas...what state are you in? Do you have an atty. and/or Public Defender? Also....what was your crime exactly? These are all helpful to get more answers for you.
You've shown your absolute ignorance of the law since you don't even understand that public defenders ARE attorneys. Please stop giving advice, since anyone who follows your advice is going to be in worse shape than if they had consulted the bum on the corner.

Clt747;1866385 Edited: It never fails. I start a post said:
actually...I don't think anyone had beat you to it...unless you mean this...

quote: Virginia amended its expungement statute in 1996 to preclude the automatic expungement, upon motion, of delinquent acts that would have been felonies if committed by an adult.

If they had felt he commited any felonies they wouldn't have called his parents to come pick him up same day! He would also BE being charged for such felonies and he IS NOT.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
She was explaining the entirety of the statute concerning expungements, and how it was revised to include the exception for felonies, regardless of whether OP committed a felony or a misdemeanor.

Last edited by a moderator:

BL

FA should have a smiley that shakes it's head back and forth .

I do have reading comprehension , I do .

Dorothy theme ......

She was explaining the entirety of the statute concerning expungements, and how it was revised to include the exception for felonies, regardless of whether OP committed a felony or a misdemeanor. Joseph Harold Christmas, how dense can you possibly be?

ahhh yes...I do understand. However, HOW did this statute apply to this O.P. in ANY way but only to give him FALSE information in HIS case regarding a misdemeanor (sp?) charge?

Again..I appreciated your professionalism and time to get the facts for him.

Last edited:

>Charlotte<

Lurker
HOW did this statute apply to this O.P. in ANY way but only to give him FALSE information in HIS case regarding a misdemeanor (sp?) charge?
For Pete's sake, Grandma. This statute applies to OP because it gives him information regarding Virginia's expungement policy. How can you not understand that? This post is supposed to be an apology, and now I just want to yell at you again.

While I was away from my computer I realized I regretted what I posted before. It was rude and childish, and I apologize. My temper can be impetuous.

But, seriously, Grandma, you just have to stop. Although I don't generally read a lot of posts about mortgages and foreclosures, your advice there seems (to me) to be pretty good. Everywhere else, sometimes I can't believe what I'm seeing when I read the nonsense you post. Guys like Nicholas, they don't know any better. For all they know, you're Marcia Clark. People who continuously mislead posters and give bad advice do get banned, and you really do have something to contribute. You need to just stick to what you know.

And it just boggles my mind that you're "appreciating my professionalism" for looking up statutes, but insulting fairisfair for doing the exact same thing.

Okay, enough derailing. Good luck, Nicholas. Sorry if this is out of place, but I thought if I said it in front of everyone, I should apologize in front of everyone.

fairisfair

Virginia amended its expungement statute in 1996 to preclude the automatic expungement, upon motion, of delinquent acts "THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN FELONIES IF COMMITTED BY AN ADULT" (Virginia Code Ann. § 16.1–306)
NOW WHICH OF THESE crimes did he commit that would have been felonies if he were an adult?

you took the time to find a statute...however cannot COMPREHEND what it even said!!!

Bhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
I am quite capable of reading the statute. Please quote where I said that HIS record would not be expunged. Oh, wait, I never said that his record would not be sealed. CLT and I have no disagreement with our interpretation of the law.

What I did say is this: that YOU never cite statute, that your statement was nothing more than a lucky guess at the law. That you base your advice on what you think might be right, not on what you know to be fact.

You need to go away.

CLT747, for you.

Well...since I do, sincerely have respect for your professionalism and courtesy in treating this 17 yr. old young man (you did just that) vs. the rest of the displays on here (OMG, I am appauled BTW) and you ARE working so VERY hard to drag an apology out of me to F.F. to even go as far as to say you were wrong when you KNOW that you were not? Come ON...you know I am right. I'm sorry but I cannot because she does nothing but come onto threads where I am just to insult me? Regardless of the O.P. at all or his age or his concerns. EVEN looking up statutes that DON'T apply to the O.P. correctly at all. Then with such blatant and the so obvious intent to prove I am wrong? Her agenda to do so is SO blatantly attacking that it clouded her otherwise good advice , judgement and abilities that I know she has. It's almost as if stalking. I will give you this...I even agree she MAY have forgotten more than I know in regards to laws and statutes (this IS as far as I go. An apology? NO way) I have done nothing but defend myself where I should not have had to at all.
I did not give ANY wrong advice at all. INCLUDING saying that for hanous and serious crimes such as felonies he COULD be tried as an adult as seen on L&O...another concern of his. Also IS correct! So what, IT WAS CORRECT. As for the expungment or sealing of juvenile records...if he was not in trouble currently...I was right about that too. I knew this from experience of my nephew-in-law just very recently. No one even motioned for it. It just came in the mail as a court order saying in big letters. SEALED.

Have a good night!

fairisfair

Well...since I do, sincerely have respect for your professionalism and courtesy in treating this 17 yr. old young man (you did just that) vs. the rest of the displays on here (OMG, I am appauled BTW) and you ARE working so VERY hard to drag an apology out of me to F.F. to even go as far as to say you were wrong when you KNOW that you were not? Come ON...you know I am right. I'm sorry but I cannot because she does nothing but come onto threads where I am just to insult me? Regardless of the O.P. at all or his age or his concerns. EVEN looking up statutes that DON'T apply to the O.P. correctly at all. Then with such blatant and the so obvious intent to prove I am wrong? Her agenda to do so is SO blatantly attacking that it clouded her otherwise good advice , judgement and abilities that I know she has. It's almost as if stalking. I will give you this...I even agree she MAY have forgotten more than I know in regards to laws and statutes (this IS as far as I go. An apology? NO way) I have done nothing but defend myself where I should not have had to at all.
I did not give ANY wrong advice at all. INCLUDING saying that for hanous and serious crimes such as felonies he COULD be tried as an adult as seen on L&O...another concern of his. Also IS correct! So what, IT WAS CORRECT. As for the expungment or sealing of juvenile records...if he was not in trouble currently...I was right about that too. I knew this from experience of my nephew-in-law just very recently. No one even motioned for it. It just came in the mail as a court order saying in big letters. SEALED.

Have a good night!
I hate to break it to you, you crazy old bat, but I come on threads IN SPITE of the fact that your loony arse is there, not because of it.

How about in big letters you say HEINOUS, not hanous and SOPHISTICATED, not sophysticated; or APPALLED, not appauled. It might make someone actually consider taking anything you say seriously.

And the next time you want to post your drivel, be sure that you cite statute. Or shut it.

Last edited:
I am quite capable of reading the statute. Please quote where I said that HIS record would not be expunged.
then WHY did you quote a statute that was NOT his case at ALL? I know why...but do you?
Oh, wait, I never said that his record would not be sealed. CLT and I have no disagreement with our interpretation of the law.
"YES"...you do, and very clearly so...however YOU are so clouded right now it isn't even funny anymore
What I did say is this: that YOU never cite statute, that your statement was nothing more than a lucky guess at the law.
and as promised, I would NOT quote law I did NOT know
That you base your advice on what you think might be right, not on what you know to be fact.
and as explained to clt747 I do know it for FACT and I explained it to him in detail how I did, see for yourself
You need to get a grip, get off my case, off my back and stop stalking me, and move on. :)

>Charlotte<

Lurker
My last word on this. I'm not trying to make you apologize to anyone. I'm not your mom. And I did not say I was wrong. I said if my post contradicted fair's post (which it really didn't) there's no reason to assume mine was correct. I do not know you are right. You aren't right. And, furthermore, I don't believe anybody is insulting you. People are correcting you, and becoming irritated that you just don't seem to understand anything other than what you want to understand. For instance, you continue to insist that that statute doesn't apply to the OP. That's nothing but sheer denial.

Do what you want, but if you continue to post ignorant nonsense, you can probably count on being further "insulted."

My last word on this. I'm not trying to make you apologize to anyone. I'm not your mom. And I did not say I was wrong. I said if my post contradicted fair's post (which it really didn't)
I'm sorry but it did
there's no reason to assume mine was correct.
because it is
I do not know you are right. You aren't right. And, furthermore, I don't believe anybody is insulting you. People are correcting you,
what people? It is the same 5 all the time...and what EXACTLY was I needing correcting on THIS thread?
and becoming irritated that you just don't seem to understand anything other than what you want to understand. For instance, you continue to insist that that statute doesn't apply to the OP.
because it DOESN'T, his misdemeanors are NOT felonies and that is what that statute was stating.
Do what you want, but if you continue to post ignorant nonsense,
and what exactly was "ignorant"? The L&O statement? It was correct and I SAID it was from L&O did I not?
you can probably count on being further "insulted."
I thought you just said...no one is insulting me, so which is it?
Move on. It is apparent that you will stand by this person regardless of now leaving this 17 yr. old even further confused in saying it may apply to him? Also...defacing your own self to prove you are a true "Sr." member that will defend your clan. You see...the way I see it is this. Your pay check is NO more bigger than mine as a "Sr." member. In my world, when I rank higher than others...my pay check shows it. So other than the clan status...??? I have NO respect for those that act like a clan...and so juvenile too. Those that treat others the way that you do? For shame.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">