• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about Skype

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I wish, CC! When they were allowed to use flash drives, it made things so much easier. Hate it when a few bad apples ruin the barrel, ya know?

CourtClerk

I wish, CC! When they were allowed to use flash drives, it made things so much easier. Hate it when a few bad apples ruin the barrel, ya know?
We have yet to have that problem. I guess we're lucky. Some of the schools are doing laptops for the kids through grant money. In those schools... very few books. That's what I'm waiting for.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Most of her textbooks are on the 'puter. In fact, I just downloaded Physics last night. I think PreCalc, however, is online - so while I can download it from the 'Net, I don't have a CD. Also, a lot of the texts have extra problems online that they don't have in the hard copy.

mistoffolees

The judge is going to want communication. Not necessarily Internet. Again, OP's state may be different - but I myself could not find ample caselaw that supported the idea that judges commonly order parents to provide Internet. Internet is not a necessity, and for many people it could be too costly.
I doubt that it's common, but it's well within the court's prerogative.

And for kids in school, it is nearly a necessity.

But there are a many ways to skin this cat, so to speak. OP could ask that Skype be scheduled so that they could go to a coffee shop with a laptop and Skype from there (something that we tried a few times). OP is obviously not completely anti-Internet or he/she wouldn't be here on the Forums. Leemon, I would encourage you to find alternatives if you are going to keep the No-Internet-At-Home stance.
Sorry, but OP clearly stated that he is anti-Internet. His exact words:
"I do not have internet and do not wish to get the internet for various reasons."

AND- I just thought of this: why aren't you talking to your attorney about this?? The plural wording of the "parties' attorneys" line would seem to indicate that you have one. You really should be listening to the person you are paying to represent you.....
Posting history.

1. I'm mom

2. Yes I have an attorney. I've also learned that attorneys aren't perfect and it doesn't hurt to study what they are doing, and even question some things.

3. I found that my family is MUCH more productive/active without extended cable/internet.

4. My child does not need the internet to do school work. I'm sure someday he will, but he doesn't right now. They also think kids need calculators yet wonder why our kids perform terribly in math and science.

I am hoping that having child available for phone contact as well as face to face visits will be suffice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">