• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question Regarding Temp Parenting Plan & Final Parenting Plan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CJane

Is it your opinion that i should wait untill Dec 1st hearing for the TPO and hire an attorney at that time and fight for what i want?
It's my opinion that you should wait for Dec 1, yes. It's also my opinion that you should hire an attorney.

It is NOT my opinion that you should fight for what YOU WANT. You should attempt to come up with a plan that is best for the CHILD. YOUR desire is irrelevant. You're inability to see the difference is NOT going to help you.

OT: Did your lawyer get you what you wanted by using the strategy you explained?
Not MY attorney. Ex's attorney.

And no. Not really. Though it worked for about 6 months, eventually, the judge had to overturn his decision and ultimately, NEITHER of us got what we WANTED. See how that works?

daddy1980

Was this the same attorney, I wonder, who told dad to poke his nose into mom's business and pull a background check on mom's BF, even though there was no real reason to do so?

Yes actually it was the same attorney that stated i should find out who the new BF was so we could do a background check and make sure he was ok and it was safe for him to be around my daughter

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yes actually it was the same attorney that stated i should find out who the new BF was so we could do a background check and make sure he was ok and it was safe for him to be around my daughter
She is NOT the best, brightest, smartest or most competent attorney in town -- unless there is only one. And if that is true, she is also the, worst, dullest, dumbest and most incompetent attorney. She may be the most expensive however.

Minirant -- an attorney's cost/retainer or hourly fee does NOT equate to competence or amount of time spent. It most likely relates to the attorney's overhead.

daddy1980

She is NOT the best, brightest, smartest or most competent attorney in town -- unless there is only one. And if that is true, she is also the, worst, dullest, dumbest and most incompetent attorney. She may be the most expensive however.

Minirant -- an attorney's cost/retainer or hourly fee does NOT equate to competence or amount of time spent. It most likely relates to the attorney's overhead.
Why do you say all this?

I have heard from alot of people in town how good of a lawyer she is and how she will truly go to battle for you and not just give in to what the other side wants and will fight tooth and nail per say.

Whats the best way for me to find the best possible lawyer for my case?

MichaCA

Why don't you ask the attorney how come she wasn't able to get supervised visitation dropped? Ask her why she was so optimistic to begin with.

daddy1980

Why don't you ask the attorney how come she wasn't able to get supervised visitation dropped? Ask her why she was so optimistic to begin with.
I went to court alone Pro-Se she was just an attorney i went to a 30 minute consultation with to have her look at my proposed temp plan and see what she thought.

CJane

I went to court alone Pro-Se she was just an attorney i went to a 30 minute consultation with to have her look at my proposed temp plan and see what she thought.
And was she made FULLY AWARE (in that 30 minutes) that you've had such limited contact? That you're not allowed to communicate with Mom in ANY WAY AT ALL until DECEMBER? That the judge TOLD YOU that visitation wouldn't be revisited until DECEMBER?

It's easy to be optimistic when you don't have all the facts. There is NO WAY she told you that you'd have "no problem getting shared parenting" and "Thursday - Monday by August" if she knew the facts of the case. Even as many facts as WE know.

daddy1980

CJane

Are you familiar with a TPO? just curious cause since it ends in December will i be notified by the court that the TPO is done with? or will i get something from the courts stating i need to show up in court for a hearing on the TPO?

If anyone else knows how this works please feel free to hop in here lol

CJane

I'm familiar with restraining orders in MO. So in MO, I can tell you that unless she files to have it extended, it will simply expire silently.

If she files to have it extended, she'll have to show that you're still a danger to her/the child.

daddy1980

I'm familiar with restraining orders in MO. So in MO, I can tell you that unless she files to have it extended, it will simply expire silently.

If she files to have it extended, she'll have to show that you're still a danger to her/the child.
So i wonder why the judge would state the current order go untill dec when the TPO ends? i mean if it ends silently how would visitation be revisited in dec?

im confused lol

CJane

So i wonder why the judge would state the current order go untill dec when the TPO ends? i mean if it ends silently how would visitation be revisited in dec?

im confused lol
You'd have to FILE for it to be revisited.

However, NOW you need to wait until there is a change in circumstances or you and Mom come to an agreement. Isn't that what the judge said the other day?

daddy1980

You'd have to FILE for it to be revisited.

However, NOW you need to wait until there is a change in circumstances or you and Mom come to an agreement. Isn't that what the judge said the other day?
I asked the judge how long this order was to last and he said untill there is a change in curcumstamces yes or mom and i agree on something.

But what i dont understand is the judge said this is just a temporary order so why would there need to be a change in circumstances to change it?

Nowhere in the orders does it state when it ends or needing to be change in circumstances for it to change.

Can i file for it to be revisited in DEC without having to make a FINAL parenting plan? and if so how do i do so?

CJane

But what i dont understand is the judge said this is just a temporary order so why would there need to be a change in circumstances to change it?
Because the judge doesn't want to see you in there every 3 months trying to come up with a new plan. He wants you and Mom to reach an agreement, or something to change regarding the child. The way HE sees it is that the kiddo is just fine with the situation as it is.

Nowhere in the orders does it state when it ends or needing to be change in circumstances for it to change.
A temp order doesn't have an expiration date. It literally lasts until it's changed.

Can i file for it to be revisited in DEC without having to make a FINAL parenting plan? and if so how do i do so?
I really think you'd be wasting your time. And I don't think you should attempt it without an attorney. At all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">