• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions About Child Support, etc.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LdiJ

If my wife is agreeing to a Joint Stipulation Agreement, do we need to have it signed in front of a notary? Can I just take it down to the courthouse or does she have to be with me?

Also I hope I have it formatted correctly. It is very similar to the lawyers paperwork with the same header and everything...but with a few item changed. Is that OK?
She has an attorney. You cannot just do an end run around her attorney if you want the agreement to stick...particularly since the agreement calls for far less child support than your state guidelines call for.

ken5140

Yes, she does have an attorney. However, she is willing to let her attorney go and go with me to sign the papers or whatever is necessary to do a "joint stipulation agreement". But I can't find any forms called "joint stipulation agreement". Is it simply a "Marriage Settlement Agreement" that we need? Should I have her make an appointment for both of us with her attorney to get this done or is that not in my best interest? I found some forms for a "Marriage Settlement Agreement" online. Can I just use those?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">