• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rehearsing the witness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brekehan

We can't read the contract you signed from here.
Why would you need to? The contact is between my lawyer and I, concerning his payment. I am not asking about that. My question is about the judge allowing me to switch to a new attorney and having ample time to prepare.
Is everyone on this forum condesending and sarcastic?

cyjeff

Why would you need to? The contact is between my lawyer and I, concerning his payment. I am not asking about that. My question is about the judge allowing me to switch to a new attorney and having ample time to prepare.
Is everyone on this forum condesending and sarcastic?
Just you.

You asked how you can fire your lawyer. You call up your lawyer and say, "you are fired".

Doesn't mean the judge has to give you time to get your new counsel up to speed.

As for the payment you made or are contractually required to make, again, we cannot read the contract you signed from here.

Do you get ALL of your legal knowledge from "Law and Order"?

brekehan

Just you.

You asked how you can fire your lawyer. You call up your lawyer and say, "you are fired".

Doesn't mean the judge has to give you time to get your new counsel up to speed.

As for the payment you made or are contractually required to make, again, we cannot read the contract you signed from here.

Do you get ALL of your legal knowledge from "Law and Order"?
I don't watch TV at all. I get my legal knowledge from studying the statutes myself, asking question from those in the profession, and watching the procedings of other cases in the actual court room. Although, I don't know what legal knowledge I have displayed here that you are referring to. I've been asking questions and asking for explanations. It is the people hitting the reply button that are looking for arguments rather than providing assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">