• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reply to your "replies"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stargazer1213

Wisconsin
I found this website and thought I could ask what I thought was a simple question. It appears that all I got was sarcasm and slamming. There was alot more to the story but I thought I would get to the point - the short version. I understand that there are alot of fathers out there that are getting taken to the cleaners and the mothers simply want child support. This isn't even close in my case. First of all, me ex up and left, moving 600+ miles away, shacked up with a woman who gave him shelter, a vehicle, food, clothing, etc and it wasn't until I could afford an attorney to go to court to even get child support. Because of this, we lost our house and more. Not that this is the issue but when we went to court, the judge asked about his employment and it was disclosed how much he got paid and how often. It was ordered as wage assignment. Also he was to provide insurance for the kids. Well, he has since quit his job and she is paying his child support, no problem as long as it is paid. I have already had my attorney send letter about arrears and it is a game to them, to pay the next month. Yes, I can plan accordingly, and I DO!!! The stipulation also requires him to pay 1/2 of unpaid medical bills - I had a medical emergency and sent him a copy and of course, no payment for that either. And if that isn't bad enough, he hassles me about letting them come live with him, this I know is so he gets out of child support. I am sorry I wasted your time - I will not ask advice again. I am sorry for all the women (and men) who are going thru this same dilemna but I am sure it will all work out in the end.

oh yeah - this is also the same man who asked my now current husband if he would like to adopt the kids and then a week later, changes his mind. Caring and loving father huh???

BL

Like all our stories , ours seems the most Important at the time.

Facts are dealt with in the court of Law not emotions. Nor do courts deal with animosity.

Better you hear the truths here , than in court .

Many Parents ( both male and Females ) that are owed child support never see it . At least you do.

Hisbabygirl77

Good to see you back BB this forum was getting kind of boring without your posts here. lol Did you take a vacation? or just a vacation from the site? Then again maybe I just haven't been on here when you have been posting.

annefan

"First of all, me ex up and left, moving 600+ miles away, shacked up with a woman who gave him shelter, a vehicle, food, clothing, etc..."
** Irrelevant

"Well, he has since quit his job and she is paying his child support, no problem as long as it is paid."
** You can accept payment for the support of YOUR children, in good conscience, from someone other than yourself and the father??

"The stipulation also requires him to pay 1/2 of unpaid medical bills - I had a medical emergency and sent him a copy and of course, no payment for that either."
** You might want to consider that his court ordered 1/2 of unpaid medical bills must be paid by him once he is provided with PROOF of payment-in-full and then he would reimburse you either through the child support enforcement or directly. Again, AFTER proof of payment has been made by the custodial parent. Oftentimes, it works this way.

"oh yeah - this is also the same man who asked my now current husband if he would like to adopt the kids and then a week later, changes his mind. Caring and loving father huh???"
** No worries, my dear. Your troubles will be over when the minor children are emancipated. It'll be here before you know it. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">