• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reverse Racial Discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhyMeAgain30

You're a lawyer, you said. why don't you represent yourself? Or don't you have any lawyer friends willing to represent you?
I'm not a lawyer and never said I was. No, I don't unfortunately. I'm pretty sure I'll find someone it's just gonna take time.
There is also an option to file without a lawyer but would be a lot harder.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Taxing Matters
And there are quite a few lawyers who specialize in RD. A quick google search will prove you incorrect:
there's this "not real", "non existing" reverse discrimination lawyer:
There are certainly lawyers and law firms that handle so called reverse discrimination cases. But that is not all that they do. Neither of the links you provided indicates that reverse discrimination cases are the only thing they do or even the majority what of they do. When I speak of specialization, I'm referring to a lawyer that mostly handles one particular area of law, much like a cardiologist or surgeon mostly does work in his/her speciality. Reverse discrimination is too narrow an area for many, if any, lawyer to make a full-time practice out of it.

The fact that reverse discrimination is not a legal term and that lawyers that truly specialize in that (as I defined it above) are going to be rare does not mean you don't have a good civil rights/illegal discrimination claim. From your description of the facts you may indeed have a good case, if you've got the evidence to prove it. My point was that using only the term "reverse discrimination" in your searches is too narrow. Most lawyers that take on illegal discrimination/civil rights claims will take on a client regardless of race so long as the prospective client has evidence to back it up and that a jury pulled from the area the court covers could be convinced of it. That latter point is exactly why I suggested you might want to pursue your case in federal court. If in your area the jury would be mostly or entirely Black persons it will likely make it a harder case to win.

So don't get stuck thinking in terms of reverse discrimination. That term won't be used by the judge that presides over your case nor will it appear in the jury instructions. If the local government targeted you because of your race, that's illegal discrimination, just as it would be for a city government to target any person because of his/her race. If you have a good case, it's simply a case of illegal discrimination or a civil rights case. The law makes no distinctions when it comes to the race of the person facing discrimination. The problem you may have is that a jury may not be so neutral, which again makes the jury pool the court draws from important.

Eekamouse

You could just get rid of all your junk cars and clean up your property so your property has curb appeal and I'm sure code enforcement would stop citing you. If your place is an eyesore, do something to clean it up. You can't say that there is no fire here. There's just way too much smoke for there not to be. Cleaning it up will be a lot easier than trying to prove a reverse discrimination lawsuit. Really, you're focusing on the wrong thing here.

WhyMeAgain30

You could just get rid of all your junk cars and clean up your property so your property has curb appeal and I'm sure code enforcement would stop citing you. If your place is an eyesore, do something to clean it up. You can't say that there is no fire here. There's just way too much smoke for there not to be. Cleaning it up will be a lot easier than trying to prove a reverse discrimination lawsuit. Really, you're focusing on the wrong thing here.
Gee, how did I not think about that earlier!? Give me $10,000 and I'll go get a commercial place big shot
I have a 6ft privacy fence! An eyesore for who?
I wouldn't have a problem with CE if they treated everyone equally. I guess you've never been treated unfairly before in your entire life.
And btw I asked for an advice not for your opinion. If you have nothing to contribute to keep your opinion to yourself

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Gee, how did I not think about that earlier!? Give me $10,000 and I'll go get a commercial place big shot
I have a 6ft privacy fence! An eyesore for who?
I wouldn't have a problem with CE if they treated everyone equally. I guess you've never been treated unfairly before in your entire life.
And btw I asked for an advice not for your opinion. If you have nothing to contribute to keep your opinion to yourself
Well, I suggest you find a lawyer for your questions. Have a good evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">