• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rights of Teen Mother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AHA

If I had a child at home who decided to have a kid, I wouldn't be giving her the red carpet treatment either, so suck up the fact that your parents aren't praising your bad judgement, that they have to pay the price for!

To answer your question:

You can't be legally considered an adult unless you can fully support yourself and your baby without any help. Meaning YOU and no one else have to pay full rent(no roommate to help you out), all utilities, health insurance, medical bills, clothes, food, transportation, school, daycare etc etc.
If your parents are so abusive, surely you could have done something about if before forcing yet another kid into it, but you didn't, so whatever the results are, you are partly to blame. That's the thing about being a parent(and considering yourself an adult), you have to take responsability for your actions aand fix your own mistakes.
You don't have the right to be treated like a queen for free just because you decided to have a baby before you could provide a good life for it. You don't seem to go to school which means you have no chance of ever getting a job that will pay worth a damn, so how is that giving your baby everything it needs??
I'd say it's the worst possible start in life a kid can have, and no sight of a brighter future on top of it.
And don't go all babyish again with your "don't make it worse, solve my problem". You are a parent now, act like it.

L

LilMaSha08

OKay here I go again, I do go to school, I do work , And I DO take care of my baby. My parents used to not be like this and would you want to be in a house where they yelled and hit you until you hyperventalated? ANSWER THAT!!!No and you would'nt want your baby growing up in it either. For me to be 14 I am VERY responsible. My parents have not bought ANYTHING except for at there own will. I pay for me and my baby. With VERY little of the dads help or his familys! SO since your making me look like the bad one here I am the one in the rights. I asked for legal advice not to be put down by a bunch of old people trying to tell me what to do with my D@MN baby. Almost everyone on here has put me down told me to give my baby up or that I am sorry.SO SCREW ALL OF YALL WHO PUT ME DOWN AND DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME. And another thing, my baby saved my life, and I put my baby before the world, I go without MANY MANY things for my baby, so why yall are telling me I NEED TO GROW UP, it seems like most grown folks need to grow up, you see I have had DFACS on my case for a year now they just got off, my baby DID NOT get taken away look at all these older people with babies and kids that do get taken away. I dont drink I dont do drugs, I do as I am suppose to do. If DFACS up and closes my case when my baby is 3 months old I must be doing something right. So the way I see it screw this bored screw you and everyone else who looks down on me and when me and my baby grow up and be better than yall ever where YALL CAN KISS MY WHITE @$$ :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

D

Draco432

O....k

Ok, Im not sure if im allowed to post back but I will anyways.....
No Offence to you, but these people who are posting back are trying to help you and not trying to offend you.... They are right that the child you are taking care of should be raised by an adult and not a child.... but then again I was mature about your age and I had to watch over my newphews. Your parents may be abusive that im not for sure about but if they are using the child against you its probly cause they are treating you like an adult sence you had a adult actions with a another child and now are stuck with a Child who is going to grow up to figuar out he was a mistake.... I know I went through the same thing.... and when my Bio parents had me they where the same ages as you and the father are now.... I was put up for adoption and my grandparents adopted me. If you truly love the Child.... and want the best for the child safty..... Let him go.... cause at your age the only thing you should worry about is.... School.... get your education up.... get out of school and start a career then worry about settling down with someone and having a family.....

I hope I help'd a tad,
Cooper

P

prhamy

Trouble at home

I commend you for keeping your baby! I was very young when I was married. I did not have a baby, but it was still a hard road. We are still married 26 years later. Just always remember to not give up. The day will come when you will be older and be able to be more independent. I would like to suggest that if there is true abuse going on at home you need to go to an agency that deals with this. There are services out there that will help you and the baby along with maybe some good counseling. It sounds like you and "dad" want what is best for your child. You must remember that your parents are trying to sort all of this out. After all, their child just had a child. I am about to have my first grandchild and I am very proud of this. But if my daughter would of had a baby at 14, I would have still loved both of them, but my maternal instincts would have still been that this 14 year old is still "my baby". I feel there needs to be some good heart to hearts and counseling where everyone in your family (including the new dad) is concerned. You may be able to get away from your parents, but think about it long and hard first. It is a rough world out there. Believe me I know.

L

Lorelei

You say your parents wasnt like this before. Is it safe to assume this abuse started when they learned of your pregnancy? I know its not every parents dream for their children to have babies at such a young age. I was 19 when I first got pregnant and my mother was verbally abusive towards me through out the whole pregnancy cause I was not in a position to take care of a child even At that age!! Unfortunately or Fortunately depending on how you look at it, I lost her a few days before she was due.
Anyhow I agree that counseling for you and your family should help resolve some issues. Seriously though you need to think of what is best for your baby. Sounds like you are taking care of him/her just fine but if you manage to get emancipated, life will not get any easier. You say you buy everything you need for the child but can you afford rent, utilities, clothing, health care, food and toiletries for you and the baby, transportation and any mishaps that happens to come along? I used to live in Georgia and I know DFAC doesn't give that much in money to pay for everything ( I was on Aide for 6 months in Bleckley county).
Weigh all your pros and cons before making a final decision on whats best for you baby.

AHA

LilMaSha08 said:
OKay here I go again, I do go to school, I do work , And I DO take care of my baby. My parents used to not be like this and would you want to be in a house where they yelled and hit you until you hyperventalated? ANSWER THAT!!!No and you would'nt want your baby growing up in it either. For me to be 14 I am VERY responsible. My parents have not bought ANYTHING except for at there own will. I pay for me and my baby. With VERY little of the dads help or his familys! SO since your making me look like the bad one here I am the one in the rights. I asked for legal advice not to be put down by a bunch of old people trying to tell me what to do with my D@MN baby. Almost everyone on here has put me down told me to give my baby up or that I am sorry.SO SCREW ALL OF YALL WHO PUT ME DOWN AND DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME. And another thing, my baby saved my life, and I put my baby before the world, I go without MANY MANY things for my baby, so why yall are telling me I NEED TO GROW UP, it seems like most grown folks need to grow up, you see I have had DFACS on my case for a year now they just got off, my baby DID NOT get taken away look at all these older people with babies and kids that do get taken away. I dont drink I dont do drugs, I do as I am suppose to do. If DFACS up and closes my case when my baby is 3 months old I must be doing something right. So the way I see it screw this bored screw you and everyone else who looks down on me and when me and my baby grow up and be better than yall ever where YALL CAN KISS MY WHITE @$$ :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Your comments are exactly why you are still legally a child!! That's what separates you from most of us.
And since your child has not been taken away from you, your parents that provide a home, food, pays all the bills etc for you and your child, can't be all that abusive, or every child in the house would have been taken away from them. Besides, who takes care of your baby when you are in school? I am guessing you are not paying for child care and that your parents are looking after the baby for free. If they are so bad, why would you leave your baby in their care?

I wouldn't want to kiss your @$$ for all the money in the world, but thanks for the offer, it explains a lot.

AHA

--PARIDISE-- said:
Lilma, Please stop PMing me. Did anyone else get her crap? Don't you have a baby to take care of?
I got one too. I don't think she felt that anyone solved her problem......

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
*pout* I didn't. LOLOLOL But then I asked people not to PM me (except for a few specific posters).

L

LilMaSha08

Its not crap, I asked yall to help me out VERY few did. And the only time I am on here is when my baby is asleep so stop making it sound like I am not taking care of him paradise. All yall want to do on here is put people down. this is supposed to be LEGAL advice and putting people down isnt. BUT i found out the answers I needed. I got emancipated two days ago and yes I can live with someone else I found that out to. And his daddy came home monday and is staying with us also, so if I am not doing right there must be something I just dont know. And another thing if I can't take care of my baby and I need to put hom up for adoption it sounds like yall are the ones who need to put your kids up for it because yall wouldnt have any support to give them other than put them down if they made mistakes

Shay-Pari'e

LilMaSha08 said:
Its not crap, I asked yall to help me out VERY few did. And the only time I am on here is when my baby is asleep so stop making it sound like I am not taking care of him paradise. All yall want to do on here is put people down. this is supposed to be LEGAL advice and putting people down isnt. BUT i found out the answers I needed. I got emancipated two days ago and yes I can live with someone else I found that out to. And his daddy came home monday and is staying with us also, so if I am not doing right there must be something I just dont know. And another thing if I can't take care of my baby and I need to put hom up for adoption it sounds like yall are the ones who need to put your kids up for it because yall wouldnt have any support to give them other than put them down if they made mistakes
No, what I asked you to do is stop harrassing me in the form of your PM's. You just left me another one.

L

LilMaSha08

technically

I filed to get emancipated when my baby was 2 weeks old but I wanted legal adive on it beofre I went to court to know if I would be able to and if they would accept my case or not. And paradise you where technically the one harassing me by putting me down and trying to make me feel like trash I should have known better than to thing something called freeadvice.com would really have legal advice but I was wrong its nothing but a bunch of people trying to put teenagers down for there mistakes. And like I have said and asked before, if 14 year olds cannot take care of babies becuase they are babies, how did we get here. 200 years ago and even 70 years ago 14 year olsa where married having babies and raising them and somehow we got here so 14 year olds must be able to. Age is nothing but a number they should go by how mature you are.This board has no legal advice whatsoever. But thanks for giving me no advice becuase I did better own my own without an attorney or anything.

AHA

LilMaSha08 said:
I filed to get emancipated when my baby was 2 weeks old but I wanted legal adive on it beofre I went to court to know if I would be able to and if they would accept my case or not. And paradise you where technically the one harassing me by putting me down and trying to make me feel like trash I should have known better than to thing something called freeadvice.com would really have legal advice but I was wrong its nothing but a bunch of people trying to put teenagers down for there mistakes. And like I have said and asked before, if 14 year olds cannot take care of babies becuase they are babies, how did we get here. 200 years ago and even 70 years ago 14 year olsa where married having babies and raising them and somehow we got here so 14 year olds must be able to. Age is nothing but a number they should go by how mature you are.This board has no legal advice whatsoever. But thanks for giving me no advice becuase I did better own my own without an attorney or anything.
Being 14 years old 70 years ago and 14 in today's age is a whole world apart. Back in the stone age the men would drag their women into the cave by the hair, so would that be a valid excuse for doing it today?
Today there are plenty of ways to protect you from having babies if your life is not set up for one. Don't blame anyone else than yourself and your bf for getting pregnant, because no one else had anything to do with that.
Good luck with everything

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">