• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rights of Teen Mother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LilMaSha08

see your wrong again, I did not blame anyone for me getting pregnant. My saved my life in plenty of ways.And 70 Yeas\rs ago was not in the stone age.And now there are more ways to take care of your baby as then of back then. So see I can and will take care of my baby and there you go again say ing I cant

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
LilMaSha08 said:
see your wrong again, I did not blame anyone for me getting pregnant. My saved my life in plenty of ways.And 70 Yeas\rs ago was not in the stone age.And now there are more ways to take care of your baby as then of back then. So see I can and will take care of my baby and there you go again say ing I cant
You are staying in school, right? Focus on English skills.

AHA

LilMaSha08 said:
I didn't say you can't take care of a baby, fact is you are going to have to wether you can or not.What I am saying is you can't excuse anything YOU do TODAY by saying it was possible hundreds of years ago, come on!! Human race has evolved since then, just because it was common to marry and have kids as a child back then doesn't make it recommendable today. Today it's expensive to live.
Good for you that the baby saved your life. Congratulations

JETX

Let me jump in here late on this thread.... since I was just referred over her.

Your claims of 'abuse' are very likely nothing more than your parents trying to help to prevent your getting pregnant again. If you were my daughter, your 'boyfriend' (can't figure out if he was your cousin, or just some idiot from a half-way house) would be damn lucky if he got to see you or his child through the bars of a cell!! The minute that you got pregnant (proof of your and his conduct), I would have him up on charges so fast, BOTH of your heads would spin like Linda Blair's!!! And he would certainly hope that the police got to him before I did!!

So now, at the experienced age of 14, you think you are adult enough to be emancipated. Guess what, you're not.

The following is from the Georgia Code (and will hopefully wake you up to the FACTS):
39-1-1.
(a) The age of legal majority in this state is 18 years; until that age all persons are minors.
(b) Nothing in this Code section shall be construed automatically to render an individual a resident of this state when that individual is in the state for the purpose of attending school. In the case of such individual, his residence will be considered to be the state in which his parents reside if under the laws of that state the individual would still be considered a minor and he is incapable of proving his emancipation.

As for any 'job opportunity':

39-2-3.
Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, no minor under 16 years of age shall be permitted to work for any person, firm, or corporation between the hours of 9:00 P.M. and 6:00 A.M.

39-2-4.
No minor under 16 years of age shall be employed or permitted to work in any gainful occupation during the hours when public or private schools are in session unless said minor has completed senior high school or has been excused from attendance in school by a county or independent school system board of education in accordance with the general policies and regulations promulgated by the State Board of Education.

39-2-7.
No minor under 16 years of age shall be employed or permitted to work in any gainful occupation covered by this chapter for more than four hours on any day in which the school attended by said minor is in session, more than eight hours on days other than school days, or more than 40 hours in any one week.

39-2-11.
(a) No minor between the ages of 12 and 16 years shall be employed by or permitted to work for any person, firm, or corporation unless a certificate, showing the true age of such minor and that such minor is not less than 12 years of age and is physically fit to engage in the employment sought to be obtained, shall be issued by the school superintendent or by some member of his staff authorized by him in writing, in the county or city where the minor resides or, if a student at a licensed private school, by the principal administrative officer thereof or by some member of his staff authorized by him in writing. A certificate shall also be required for employment of minors between the ages of 16 and 18.

All of the above and more, can be found online at:
http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/GaCode/Title39.pdf

Yep, you are definitely in for a very rude awakening to the FACTS of life.... and I don't mean sex!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">