• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Self employed ex and child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Swany

Kevmar44 said:
Why in the world would we take HER back to court because my ex is lying about HIS income? She pays more per child for her children now than my ex does! Why would we want to, without question, ruin a perfectly good relationship with her because MY EX is an a-hole? How stupid is that?

You say you take care of your step kids but is it in child support? Or do you hide your husbands income from his ex too because you are afraid SHE will get the money? We don't "blow" the child support on fun and games. We can't account for every penny but you can bet your bottom dollar we spend out more than we get on the kids.

And for the record I happen to know my ex doesn't work his butt off but my husband and I do! My husband takes every minute of overtime offered to him and I have 2 side jobs just so we can have the extra money to take my son to an amusement park because his dad won't do it because the wife doesn't like to go! And God forbid my son need braces or anything else along that line, he refuses to pay for the glasses he has to have right now! HE doesn't understand why he needs a new pair after a year!!!!!! College? Yeah, right! When he turns 16 and can drive? A car? Insurance? The won't provide a dime of help in anything of those areas. I'm not asking for my ex to provide "the most" for his son, I want him to pay what is FAIR and his $27 a week doesn't come close. And his ZERO dollars to pay HIS HALF of pharmacy bills, school trips, school supplies obviously wont' even buy me a freak'n cup of coffee!

You act like I'm expecting my ex to live in the streets so I can have all his money. WRONG. I want what he is capable of paying WITHOUT LYING ABOUT IT!. That is called cheating the system. He's also cheating the IRS which is against the law.
I think most of us know you don't want your ex on the street, at least "I" never interpreted that from anything you've said, just for the record. And we all know he'll never be on the street with the way's he's figured out how to deal with the system. Just take him to court somehow/get yourself an attorney and he'll/she'll help you out of this situation. My ex's new wife sounds quite similar your ex's wife. It's all about her....not the kids. As a matter of fact, she doesn't even have custody of her one and only son. He lives with his dad. Interesting hu? Anyways, we know that our kids are the most important things in our lives and we'll do everything we can do to protect them and provide the best way we can for them, and if they includes going after the "dad" to make things work - the way it's SUPPOSED TO - then we'll do it. $27 a week.....That is just a joke.

Kevmar44

Thank you! I know what he is doing is wrong and that is why I'm going to fighting it. But what amazes me is the people that can justify how they lie about their income because they don't think the other parent works as "hard" for their money as they do so therefore they don't deserve child support or they have a set figure in their head of what it costs to raise a child and that's all they are going to pay.

I have my son roughly 26 days a month, sometimes more depending on whether his dad feels like picking him up on his week-ends, so that equals out to $4.00 a day that I get in child support. I want djohnson to do that math on that one for me. But then again I just must be one of those bio parents that feel the other parent has to work his butt off because I don't work as hard as he does. Maybe I should take on yet another job and pawn my son off on some sitter so I don't take away from my "ex's life"? Or better yet, I should have thought about the "consequences" of divorcing a deadbeat dad who would rather lie than live up to his parental responsibilities.

djohnson

I think you are missing my point entirely. I think it is a pitiful sum. I think anyone should be getting more. But how much a day does your step children get? That is the point I am making. That you are so hard up for money and everything is so tight but yet it's ok for some parents and not others. It makes it seem vindictive to me. You aren't doing it for the children. You are doing it to hurt him. I hope you get more, you deserve more. I just wish it was for the right reasons and every child in your home had that same advantage.

Kevmar44

They get more than $4 a day. AND she has the kids 3 days a week and every other week-end so she has every day expenses herself for the kids. I spoke with my husband about his CS and he told me that he agreed to the lower amount as part of a deal that he would accept a lower amount if he did not have to buy her out of her part of their house. He did not have the lump sum amount then and knew he probably wasn't going to have it 3 or 5 years down the road when it came time to pay up. It was a win-win situation for everybody involved. As you know from what I've told you there was no such "deal" between my ex and me. There could have been, obviously I was nice enough to leave CS out of our paperwork because I trusted him. Instead he played every dirty, under-handed trick in the book to make sure I lost my house by not paying me a dime for 3 years and then LIED about his income to avoid having to pay the amount he legally should have to pay when he knew he was going to HAVE to pay. My step kids DO suffer but it is not because their Mom does not pay more, it's because MY EX LIED about his income and got his CS lowered to such a pitiful amount and my husband has to help make up the difference. ALL of my children suffer because of it. But at NO POINT does that make it his ex-wife's responsibility to make up that difference. And I can't even fathom WHY you think she should. All I want is for MY EX to pay CS based on his real income, not some LIE he and his wife concocted to cheat HIS CHILD out of the support he rightfully deserves.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">