• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sold a car but buyer is threatening

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

arresTed

Tx has the AS-IS law for used car purchases- not things you buy on Amazon. There is a big difference.
I give up. I have seen nothing but terrible, misinformed advice on this forum. Are any of you actually attorneys? Do any of you deal with UCC issues?

Yes, you can reject a good after paying for it. An "as is" law is irrelevant. An "as is" law would only go to issues of warranty, not as to the formation of the contract itself. The UCC makes no distinction between goods bought online or in person.

Here, buyer would be able to reject the car within a reasonable period, even after paying for and taking the car. Any "as is" law is irrelevant.

You can't be an attorney. Even an attorney who never deals with sales would have known the above.

Antigone*

I give up. I have seen nothing but terrible, misinformed advice on this forum. Are any of you actually attorneys? Do any of you deal with UCC issues?

Yes, you can reject a good after paying for it. An "as is" law is irrelevant. An "as is" law would only go to issues of warranty, not as to the formation of the contract itself. The UCC makes no distinction between goods bought online or in person.

Here, buyer would be able to reject the car within a reasonable period, even after paying for and taking the car. Any "as is" law is irrelevant.

You can't be an attorney. Even an attorney who never deals with sales would have known the above.
...and you troll are definitely not an attorney. You're just an idiot who gets arresTed for spewing studipity all over a police radio.

Country Living

This is really good watermelon! I got it from the farmer across the way (legally - my days of crawling through a barbed wire fence are long over). It might even replace colebeerontheporch today.

arresTed

The troll has now claimed to be an attorney - and reported.
When did I claim I was an attorney? I've never said I was attorney.

Reporting me for what?

This forum is laughable.

Is anyone on here a licensed attorney? Or is it just a bunch of people that like to play lawyer?

ecmst12

Reported for posting blatantly wrong information and misleading posters, among other things.

Any specific state law would overrule any "uniform commercial code" conventions. If Country Living says TX specifically classifies used car sales as "as is" by statute, then I believe her. And that means no warrenty. No warrenty means the seller does NOT have to agree to reverse the sale no matter how much remorse the buyer has. One cannot always under all circumstances reverse the sale of something they bought. To claim that they could and there are laws giving them this right is misleading and wrong.

Is anyone on here a licensed attorney? Or is it just a bunch of people that like to play lawyer?
If you are looking for anyone to openly admit that they are an attorney, you will be waiting a long time. It is not wise to admit to being an attorney, even if you are one, for some obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">