• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Spousal alimony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lookforward

I went and re-read about half of this thread. I don't see anywhere that you have dropped your attorney. Assuming you are still represented, then you should be talking to your attorney. This thread really has gone on much further than it needs to, considering NONE of us know the details of your case like your attorney knows them.
I have not she will be in the meeting as well.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yes GAL mentioned in all cases that he will contact them, there is some sort of release form or NDA?
I provided him with names and numbers he never contacted them.

My question is that if this goes to trial would this matter or the GAL has the authority to ignore some witnesses and the courts will deem that as something perfectly reasonable
LD is correct. The GAL cannot speak to some witnesses. Did both you and your wife sign a release for the GAL to talk to the marriage counselor? By the way, the GAL speaking to those people does NOT replace you actually calling them as witnesses. The GAL report is not evidence so much as it is the basis of his recommendations.

Lookforward

LD is correct. The GAL cannot speak to some witnesses. Did both you and your wife sign a release for the GAL to talk to the marriage counselor? By the way, the GAL speaking to those people does NOT replace you actually calling them as witnesses. The GAL report is not evidence so much as it is the basis of his recommendations.
We had our final meeting today both lawyers, gal, me, and STBX were present.

Lawyers went to their own room with GAL to chat, then my lawyer came to me and said that the OC is proposing a new plan and under this plan, I get 40% and STBX gets 60%.

My lawyer also told me that I do have a good chance to fight this because she didnt believe that the GAL properly did his job but told me that when GAL go in front of the Judge they will cross their T's and dot the i's and since they are the Judges star witness she thought I should take the deal and should not fight for a few more days.

I thought that the wife will not agree to this, but to my surprise she did. I just thought wow she's acting more mature than me :)

GAL sent a new PAJ around 6 hours ago, we all verbally agreed to it but didn't sign off to anything. 30 minutes ago STBX knocked on my door and told me that her lawyer made a mistake and she will not agree to this settlement.

Really can't make this stuff up, i knew this would happen. Funny thing if they come up with 10 agreements STBX will agree to each and everyone and then change her mind a few minutes later.

Guys have you seen anything like this before? I mean RED on this board suggested this same thing a few weeks ago that my STBX will not agree to anything short of sole custody and now this is happening

Any advice? Suggestions? How do you guys see this?
Thanks

doucar

Seen it ofter. Usually gets resolved on the "courthouse steps" when both sides realize it is going to cost real money to go to trial (way beyond what they have spent so far). or someone gets stubborn and says I don't care how much it costs (until they get the actual bill) and it goes to trial.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Seen it ofter. Usually gets resolved on the "courthouse steps" when both sides realize it is going to cost real money to go to trial (way beyond what they have spent so far). or someone gets stubborn and says I don't care how much it costs (until they get the actual bill) and it goes to trial.
Agreed. That's what happened with us. My ex threw a settlement offer at the 11th hour. I didn't like it due to one really odd provision, but my lawyer said I'd be a fool to reject it. So I took it, met the really odd provision, and there we were.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
@Lookforward - I think your atty's suggestion of tracking the actual time you have the kids via parenting app - given your certainty that Mom will allow you more time - and then filing for an increase in time is wise.

Lookforward

I am not sure if this agreement is binding since it's not signed. However, i am assuming the old Parenting Schedule is done with and the new one will go in front of judge
am i correct in this assumption?
Thanks

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I am not sure if this agreement is binding since it's not signed. However, i am assuming the old Parenting Schedule is done with and the new one will go in front of judge
am i correct in this assumption?
Thanks
AFAIK, until it's signed, it's meaningless.

Lookforward

Guys just a bit info.
My STBX who wasn't agreeing to Child Custody finally agreed to 156 days for dad and some vacation days?? Perhaps??

I spoke to my lawyer who said that i can get more time but advised me to take this time and not to worry about 20 more days per year or so.

Wife Subpenot bank and STBX lawyer send deposition to me and a friend of mine.
My Bank provided the information last week and today I was told that the deposition will be on hold? Not sure if they need more time to go over the records or they did figure out nothing there.

Hopefully i will be out from this mess in the next 2 months or so :)

Cant wait to buy my own house or move to an apartment :0 Oh what happy feeling :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">