• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statutory rape charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mdmommy9800 said:
And my response to the last responce is if she consented to it how is just his fault???????? That really bugs me, all these young girls getting away with sleeping with these guys but yet its only the guy who gets the blame. GIVE ME A BREAK. Girls today are just as bad. So when you say he should have thought about his military career before he slept with a "child" I say whatever. She also should have thought about it right? Now this poor guy is getting screwed over by some little immature brat. She was old enough to lay down in her eyes with him so guess shes not a child is she? And yes I am a women responding to this post. I am just tired of seeing all these guys get screwed over by these girls. All of you guys look out for these girls today.... they are trouble. And everyone seems to believe its not their little girl, and these guys are horrible horny men. So are your little girls. As for the poster, I hope you get everything worked out and this girl leaves you alone. Its not just your fault she slept with you too with no problem until you all got into a fight and now she wants to use her age against you because shes MAD. Like most women they use whatever they can to hurt you guys. Im sure I will get lovely replys now. But I dont care. Good luck to you.

Do you remember how stupid you were when you were 16 or 17? The reason why it IS 18 is because of all of the men in their 40's and 50's. When THEY have sex with these girls, I love it when something can at least be done to them.

dms34

Unfortunate

helpme911 said:
ok I am going try to keep this short and sweet...I am 24 and I had sex with a 17yr old...and I am in the state of Tenn. and she is in the state of Tenn., I just found out that in the state of Tenn. the age of consent is 18..me and her got into a big fight...and she keeps threatens me that she is going to file for statutory rape charges on me...her and her friends call my cell phone at all hours of the night and just hang up....she even has some other guy friends call me and threaten me...her and her friends tell me that I am going to get what I deserve and that I should watch my back....I am really at a loose of what to do...as I am in the military as well...b/c if I report the harassment and the threatening phone calls she is sure to try to press charges on me...I have not talked to her in weeks but I still get the phone calls and emails...I really need help bad...b/c this could really hurt my military career..
It is ashame that this girl can destory your career because you no longer what to be with her. To me she is really close to the age where she would have been safe. She had nothing to loose, so the relationship to her was acceptable. You on the other hand to me was just stupid. I am an Active Duty female. I can not stand it when a female uses the system to get even. It is wrong and then when something really has happened, everyone thinks she is lying or she asked for it. On the other hand when a male is innocent everyone wants to cut his d--- off. Of course the law should be changed in situations like this one. I feel that the law was created to keep someone that is 47 from messing with someone who is 16. Teachers sleeping with students, situations like that. Yet, it is very clear on what it is talking about. Even if the law it accepted it, you knew the military has no tolerance for it. It is very clear, explained and soldiers are constantly informed of this and what could happen if caught. It has nothing to do with sex. If I was to have sex with a 17 year old boy and got caught, the punishment would be the same. Once you found out her age, and knew how it would affect your career. You still continued to have sex with her, you only ended the relationship because of some fight. This is no different then one of my soldiers being arrested for a DUI and then looking at me like they just was not thinking. It does not matter what the situation the soldier might have found this selves in. They one what would happen if they got caught. Although you might regret your decision. She should be punished for taking advantage of a system to protect childern in need of protection. If you were really worried about your career, you should have tried thinking about the situation with your other head.

ENASNI

Um... this guy has been Bubba's "girlfriend" for over a year now... please do not resurrect old threads.

marine

Cut off all ties. Plead the fifth. Nearly impossible to prove in an he said she said. The mroe you talk, the more chance for that commuincation to come back.

oh and. Stay away from 17 year old girls. The formul babies do not look like babies anymore. 17 looks like 24.

SHORTY LONG

"You Go Girl" :)

Respectfully, call out the Marines! Yes, respectfully requested to the Administrator of "Military Forum" please remove this oldie moldie. For long ago, this roop made his bed now he will have to lie in it; get it, got it.
Shorty Long out!

Shay-Pari'e

SHORTY LONG said:
Respectfully, call out the Marines! Yes, respectfully requested to the Administrator of "Military Forum" please remove this oldie moldie. For long ago, this roop made his bed now he will have to lie in it; get it, got it.
Shorty Long out!
Thanks Shorty! I think you are adorable with the amount of respect you carry. Don't ever let anyone ever tell you different.

SHORTY LONG

Mam, Thank You!

Ms. Shay-Pari'e, respectfully, thank you for your kindness: "Once a Marine always a Marine." By the way, I Love your name! And though I carry a huge mountain on me, I shall continue seeking rightful justice in lieu of the miscarriage of justice I labor under. In 1991, a locale newspaper quoted me: "Young-Dumb and Stupid pertaining to my ordeal! Today, though not so much young anymore, I still somewhat carry the others :) Semper Fi; First to go and last to know!

Respectfully Yours, Shorty

Shay-Pari'e

SHORTY LONG said:
Ms. Shay-Pari'e, respectfully, thank you for your kindness: "Once a Marine always a Marine." By the way, I Love your name! And though I carry a huge mountain on me, I shall continue seeking rightful justice in lieu of the miscarriage of justice I labor under. In 1991, a locale newspaper quoted me: "Young-Dumb and Stupid pertaining to my ordeal! Today, though not so much young anymore, I still somewhat carry the others :) Semper Fi; First to go and last to know!

Respectfully Yours, Shorty
I can't take the credit for my name. Baystategirl had a little to much to drink one day and came up with it.:)

T

thepizzaguy

UCMJ

920. ART. 120 RAPE AND CARNAL KNOWLEDGE

(b) Any person subject to this chapter who, under circumstances not amounting to rape, commits an act of sexual intercourse with a female not his wife who has not attained the age of SIXTEEN years, is guilty of carnal knowledge and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

This is a military law forum right? We should be addressing the issues that pertain to military law. Right?:p

Last edited by a moderator:
T

thepizzaguy

UCMJ

920. ART. 120 RAPE AND CARNAL KNOWLEDGE

(b) Any person subject to this chapter who, under circumstances not amounting to rape, commits an act of sexual intercourse with a female not his wife who has not attained the age of SIXTEEN years, is guilty of carnal knowledge and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

This is a military law forum right? We should be addressing the issues that pertain to military law. Right?:p

[/QUOTE]

BTW what is the Mass. law on this subject? it varies all over the land. Can a 17year old seduce and blackmail in your state too? If they can then I guess I would understand why you think it is ok.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just Blue

thepizzaguy said:
BTW what is the Mass. law on this subject? it varies all over the land. Can a 17year old seduce and blackmail in your state too? If they can then I guess I would understand why you think it is ok.

In Ma. the AOC is 16...but the OP would be charge with other crimes..

The bottom line is the OP has sex with a minor...At 24 he should have know better...It's pretty common knowledge that its a nono...The girl is acting like a stupid teenager....but what should the OP expect??...

You seem to think that it is okay for a grown man to sleep with legal minors....is that the common practice in your state??...How about if it were your daughter?? Would you call her a slut?? And if the girl is a slut...what about the OP...what does that make him??

I am done with this....

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Mdmommy9800 said:
And my response to the last responce is if she consented to it how is just his fault???????? That really bugs me, all these young girls getting away with sleeping with these guys but yet its only the guy who gets the blame. GIVE ME A BREAK. Girls today are just as bad. So when you say he should have thought about his military career before he slept with a "child" I say whatever. She also should have thought about it right? Now this poor guy is getting screwed over by some little immature brat. She was old enough to lay down in her eyes with him so guess shes not a child is she? And yes I am a women responding to this post. I am just tired of seeing all these guys get screwed over by these girls. All of you guys look out for these girls today.... they are trouble. And everyone seems to believe its not their little girl, and these guys are horrible horny men. So are your little girls. As for the poster, I hope you get everything worked out and this girl leaves you alone. Its not just your fault she slept with you too with no problem until you all got into a fight and now she wants to use her age against you because shes MAD. Like most women they use whatever they can to hurt you guys. Im sure I will get lovely replys now. But I dont care. Good luck to you.

STATUTORY RAPE is a STRICT LIABILITY offense. If she is under the age of consent it doens't matter if she said she was old enough or said yes or what not. He was the adult in the situation and was expected to act like it. Which means NOT having sex with a child.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
chrisdizz22 said:
well if you do get charged then i would just keep denying it happend. if you havent had sex with her in a while then there will not be any evidence. just her word against yours. tell her that your getting deployed and then change your cell number. I think that she is just trying to scare you. if she was going to do something then she would have done it. she probably doesnt want to tell her parents.
Keep denying it and thereby lying? He would be better off taking the fifth. By lying that is ANOTHER crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">