• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taking the fall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Where does it indicate that he would be confessing to a crime he didn't commit? The possibility does exist that they were his drugs rather than hers. I could see it either way to be honest.
True. I didn’t consider the fact that 813Smith might be as culpable as or more culpable than his wife.

“Taking the fall” typically means taking the blame or punishment for someone else for something you didn’t do - which is how I understood it - but it can also mean being the one (of another or others) to take all of the blame or punishment for something you and another or others did.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
To me, it sounds like the OP wants to confess to an additional crime beyond the possession that wifey is charged with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">