• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Teenager Clothes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mommyof4

LOL Lil Bit shops at Dehlia's and Forever XXI. The clothes are a lot less expensive and equally as cute. She's still growing so some stuff quits fitting pretty fast. Right now she's 5'5, and built like a beanpole. The doc predicts she'll be around 5'8 or 5'9. Her Dad suggested that she model, but she has no interest. She said she thinks the lifestyle doesn't fit into her plans. Looks for her don't define a person's value.
Let me tell you. Forever XXI has some pretty dang cute clothes. I just about bought out the store a few weeks ago for ME. I love their halter tops that are loose and flowy but gathered around the hips. They work great with everything.:D

Isis1

Let me tell you. Forever XXI has some pretty dang cute clothes. I just about bought out the store a few weeks ago for ME. I love their halter tops that are loose and flowy but gathered around the hips. They work great with everything.:D
phew, now i don't feel so silly being 31 and buying out the store myself :eek:. i buy ALL of my jeans there. they fit me so nicely and i LOVE their tops!!!

mommyof4

phew, now i don't feel so silly being 31 and buying out the store myself :eek:. i buy ALL of my jeans there. they fit me so nicely and i LOVE their tops!!!
Nope! I'm 36 and my 13 year old, if she doesn't want to have matching clothes, has to wait to see what I get for me before she finds things for herself. I will say, though...that no matter what I wind up buying, she always ends up wearing it.

I've lost 3 pairs of jeans to the kid. She has her own, but she likes mine better and I refuse to buy her Lucky jeans. When she gets a job, she can buy her own dang expensive jeans. :mad::D

Luckily, her feet are bigger than mine, so she can't steal my shoes anymore.

penelope10

The mini skirt that I took out of the dryer this morning was, well, the size of a SMALL napkin. Geez. I know about drama.

Miss Drama Queen was sooooo upset because for their end of the year trip, she wasn't with her BFF and her mom, but in another group. It's like the end of the world. Oh, the tears and voice. I had a hard time not laughing.
No bf on the front yet for Lil Bit. She likes boys but is still at the stage of just hanging with the girls and talking about boys. I'm sure she'll be at that stage soon.

What is so crazy about this situation is that Dad will buy certain things for her at his house. He just bought her some Proactive for her complexion. Totally his idea and not her's. She had one pimple and he flipped out. Told her that in his opinion LOOKS WERE EVERYTHING and he didn't want her looks to be ruined. She informed Dad that looks to her are not everything, but if it made him feel better that she would use the stuff.

He then asked her, "Would you date a chubby guy"? She stated yes, if that chubby guy was a good person. He told her that he just didn't understand her way of thinking. That beautiful people should only be with other beautiful people. Lil Bit told him her understanding was that pretty is as pretty does and looks do not make a person beautiful. It's whats on the inside that counts more than the outside:)

I really have a pretty level headed child thus far. Hope it lasts....

Isis1

No bf on the front yet for Lil Bit. She likes boys but is still at the stage of just hanging with the girls and talking about boys. I'm sure she'll be at that stage soon.

What is so crazy about this situation is that Dad will buy certain things for her at his house. He just bought her some Proactive for her complexion. Totally his idea and not her's. She had one pimple and he flipped out. Told her that in his opinion LOOKS WERE EVERYTHING and he didn't want her looks to be ruined. She informed Dad that looks to her are not everything, but if it made him feel better that she would use the stuff.

He then asked her, "Would you date a chubby guy"? She stated yes, if that chubby guy was a good person. He told her that he just didn't understand her way of thinking. That beautiful people should only be with other beautiful people. Lil Bit told him her understanding was that pretty is as pretty does and looks do not make a person beautiful. It's whats on the inside that counts more than the outside:)

I really have a pretty level headed child thus far. Hope it lasts....
you have a wonderful daughter. i've only dated one guy that wasn't chubby. long term with only chubby. i like it when they enjoy my food. :D

penelope10

She's a great little gal. Right now we are also talking about her working hard in school so that she can get an academic scholarship. Right now she has her heart set on NYU. I told her if she wants it bad enough then she can make it happen, however, Mom doesn't have the $$ to pay for a super expensive college. That I'd help her all I could, but I can't afford that kind of tuition. However, she is certainly smart enough to make the grades that could make going to school a possibility. Plus working and saving.

penelope10

Nope! I'm 36 and my 13 year old, if she doesn't want to have matching clothes, has to wait to see what I get for me before she finds things for herself. I will say, though...that no matter what I wind up buying, she always ends up wearing it.

I've lost 3 pairs of jeans to the kid. She has her own, but she likes mine better and I refuse to buy her Lucky jeans. When she gets a job, she can buy her own dang expensive jeans. :mad::D

Luckily, her feet are bigger than mine, so she can't steal my shoes anymore.
Girls I'm 51 and I've bought some stuff for myself from there. I call them disposable clothes--if I ruin them in the washer I don't feel so bad. The actually had some pretty cute inexpensive sandals the last time I was there.

penelope10

No - not a BF (like boyfriend) ... it's a BFF (best friend forevvveeerrrr).

She's twelve. She can date in another 26 years.
Whoops I miss read--sorry. That's what LIL Bit has BFFs, no BF. She does have guy friends---I am so grateful that she has ended up being a late bloomer.

We just had to make our first drug store visit about a month ago.:D

ErinGoBragh

Is your daughter opposed to shopping at Goodwill/ Salvation Army?

Just found a ton of cute, like new American Eagle/Abercrombie stuff there. Then she could save a TON of money and not technically be breaking dad's "use your allowance on clothes" rule.

TinkerBelleLuvr

We've gone to a Plato's closet that sells pre-owned name brand items for less. I found that I went to the outlet store and got a ton of clothes for significantly less (queen of cheap here.)

penelope10

Is your daughter opposed to shopping at Goodwill/ Salvation Army?

Just found a ton of cute, like new American Eagle/Abercrombie stuff there. Then she could save a TON of money and not technically be breaking dad's "use your allowance on clothes" rule.
Actually they have a used clothes store that has some pretty cute stuff. Which I'm sure she could use for her weekend visits and leave them at Dad's . In all actuality most of the time when she is at Dad's on the weekend she ends up over at a friend's to spend the night. (per his request) I'm really not sure why he's decided she needs clothes at his house at this point in the game. She doesn't spend much time there.

School is soon to be over, so I think I will follow Tink's advice. I'll suggest that Dad drop her off at my house and take her to school myself. In the summer he drops her straight off at my house. (We only live 5 to 10 minutes away from each other).

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Now, with all that said...

Perhaps DAD is trying to teach his daughter the value of money...?

penelope10

LOL, perhaps, but kiddo is a saver and not a spender. Believe it or not, she hates to shop for clothes. She just recently used a gift card she got back in XMAS for clothes. And she had a gift card from last year that she had not used up--ended up she lost money on that card because once you use it they start deducting cash every month from the card until it is used up.

She is not a whiner when she goes to her Dad's either--in fact she spends a majority of weekends over at friend's because Dad has other things to do. So it's not like she's over there saying, "Daddy buy me this and buy me that, or Daddy take me here or take me there." I would say that she has saved 90% of her allowance over the years.

Recently I surprised her with a couple of pairs of new shoes that I had bought on sale. She was so thrilled and thanked me profusely for buying them. She even offered to give me the money for the shoes, bless her heart. She is not an ungrateful spoiled brat

So she is not a child that demands or gets everything that she wants. She is pretty low maintenance and easy to please.

This is a fairly new development regarding him wanting to have clothes over at this home and that driving by to drop stuff off is a hassle. I am not really sure what sparked this.

Antigone*

I totally understand teaching the daughter values, but I don't think the kid should have to use her allowance to purchase the clothes she wears. That would be mom and dad's job.

Now when my kiddo wanted a Coach purse, I certainly did make her save up and pay for that on her own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">