• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Time limit for an officer to pull you over? Irrational Cop?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

IMHO - SUV drivers have overcome BMW drivers as the biggest pr1cks on the road (it's still close though). :D

Anyone who drives faster tham me is a maniac and anyone who drives slower is an idiot. :p

BCRichWlk79

seniorjudge said:
It reminds me of an old saying 'round these parts:

What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?

Anyone know?

Yes.
Lets rephrase... What's the difference between a Cop car and a porcupine?
Pricks are on the inside

What's the difference between a BMW and a Cop car?
A college education and 50K+ a year and a hot chick in the passenger seat.

This cop was nothing but meathead from Highschool who either didn't go to college (or went to county college) and runs around with a gun and a badge on a power trip. Guy was a complete D!ck.

I've never seen a person in a BMW who drives like an ass. My gf has a 330i, and she drives normal. :)

CdwJava

BCRichWlk79 said:
What's the difference between a BMW and a Cop car?
A college education and 50K+ a year and a hot chick in the passenger seat.
Huh ... I may make $50,000 per year less than you, but I got the education and the hot chick - I married her.

And I CHOSE to make less money. Some things cannot be measured in dollars ... and if THAT is how you measure success, than sad for you.

- Carl

S

seniorjudge

CdwJava said:
Huh ... I may make $50,000 per year less than you, but I got the education and the hot chick - I married her.

And I CHOSE to make less money. Some things cannot be measured in dollars ... and if THAT is how you measure success, than sad for you.

- Carl
BCRichWlk79, if you ever get beat up, be sure to call a yuppie.

BCRichWlk79

CdwJava said:

- Carl
Carl,

Whether it was your choice to become an officer because its your family tradition or because God limited your capability to do something else I do not know.

But
Enjoy your double mocha ... and croissant.

Senior Judge, you spend too much energy online. Go penalize real criminals and pass some verdicts that might keep this country safe so rapists and murders don't get out on bail after 9-14 years.

Ciao - Thanks for your help. I think.

S

seniorjudge

BCRichWlk79 said:
Carl,

Whether it was your choice to become an officer because its your family tradition or because God limited your capability to do something else I do not know.

But

Senior Judge, you spend too much energy online. Go penalize real criminals and pass some verdicts that might keep this country safe so rapists and murders don't get out on bail after 9-14 years.

Ciao - Thanks for your help. I think.

The NHTSA was delighted because traffic deaths were "low" in the year 2003.

http://www.motorists.com/ma/2003.html

Do you know how "low" they were? 42,643 people. That's about two weeks worth of World Trade Center bombings.

So when you come on here whining because a cop was irritated with you, we (the grownups) don't have a whole lot of sympa for you.

By the way, killers have said stuff to my face that is a lot worse than anything anybody on this forum has said to me.

CdwJava

BCRichWlk79 said:
Actually I chose it because there were too few teaching jobs available 20 years ago when I was entering the education field ... and I get too bored sitting indoors working on computers to do that for a living (though it IS one of my duties for the city I work for).

My options were - and are - wide open, thank you very much.

And since money means far less to me than the quality of life I lead for my family, money has never really entered into my job and career evaluations. If money is all important to you, too bad. It's not MY great motivator.

But
I intend to, thanks.

- Carl

S

seniorjudge

CdwJava said:
Actually I chose it because there were too few teaching jobs available 20 years ago when I was entering the education field ... and I get too bored sitting indoors working on computers to do that for a living (though it IS one of my duties for the city I work for).

My options were - and are - wide open, thank you very much.

And since money means far less to me than the quality of life I lead for my family, money has never really entered into my job and career evaluations. If money is all important to you, too bad. It's not MY great motivator.

I intend to, thanks.

- Carl
You're sure a lot nicer than me. But I am much better looking than you.

BCRichWlk79

seniorjudge said:
So when you come on here whining because a cop was irritated with you, we (the grownups) don't have a whole lot of sympa for you.

QUOTE]

There are cops who are understanding and enforce the law, there are cops who break the law, then there are always cops who use the law just like bully's do on the playground. You know it and everyone else knows it.

There's no need for a cop to be a complete d*ck for a routine traffic stop. I actually asked my buddy who just joined the force about him, and he confirmed that he isn't well liked by the majority of the local force. So before you justify the means for this guy just because he has a badge, try to see the other side of it. How would you like it if your son or daughter came home shaken up from an officer who was on a power trip?

Hopefully one day he pulls the wrong person over with that attitude of his.

1curious1

So you admit here on the forum that you never made a complete stop,
BCRichWlk79 said:
... and a couple crossed the cross walk (I came close to a stop) and ...
, but you are ready to fight the ticket. WHY? just because you feel that the traffic cop was mean to you? There are a few details that are missing I suspect and I'm guessing that you weren't on your best behavior either. The Officer made the stop when he felt that he was ready, and quite frankly he was probably looking to see what other driving patterns you were displaying besides not stopping. There is no excuse for any officer to be rude and abusive, but what you described is almost the opposte. He wasn't rude he was just curt. The side of the road is no place to plead your case. The officer decided he was going to write you a ticket and he did. You admit that it was deserved, so your only hope is that a judge will let you off.

1curious1

Wow, I got into the thread on this one way late Sorry. If I had seen all the rest (why it didn't show up sooner is a mystery) I could have saved some key strokes. Really a 300 ci I? think the cops in CA drive more expensive rides than that. I hope taking your frustrations out on the forum helps, because it became crystal clear why the ticket got written, and if you go into the court with the same one you may find out what a Pr*** a Judge can seem like too! Are all the drivers in your area like you? Maybe we Know why the cop has an attitude. I'll take a high scholl diploma and a sense of public service over an arrogant attitude any day.

BCRichWlk79

1curious1 said:
So you admit here on the forum that you never made a complete stop,
, but you are ready to fight the ticket. WHY? just because you feel that the traffic cop was mean to you? There are a few details that are missing I suspect and I'm guessing that you weren't on your best behavior either. The Officer made the stop when he felt that he was ready, and quite frankly he was probably looking to see what other driving patterns you were displaying besides not stopping. There is no excuse for any officer to be rude and abusive, but what you described is almost the opposte. He wasn't rude he was just curt. The side of the road is no place to plead your case. The officer decided he was going to write you a ticket and he did. You admit that it was deserved, so your only hope is that a judge will let you off.

It's my word vs. his. I am always very nice to officers, if you give them lip you can get a lot worse then something you may have coming. I'm not fighting the ticket anymore, figured it would be a waste of time. The officer was VERY CURT. Honestly I could go into detail about my driving pattern and the cards just weren't on my side that night since other people were driving like maniacs and I was trying to get away from them. Cop was only focused on me. Blamed me for jumping out in front of a car at a blind curve when the car was going about 20mph over the speed limit around the turn, when i made my turn onto the road the car almost hit me.... hell i couldn't see. But w/e its over and done with. Hopefully there will be no repercussions for my points.

THE END.

BCRichWlk79

1curious1 said:
Wow, I got into the thread on this one way late Sorry. If I had seen all the rest (why it didn't show up sooner is a mystery) I could have saved some key strokes. Really a 300 ci I? think the cops in CA drive more expensive rides than that. I hope taking your frustrations out on the forum helps, because it became crystal clear why the ticket got written, and if you go into the court with the same one you may find out what a Pr*** a Judge can seem like too! Are all the drivers in your area like you? Maybe we Know why the cop has an attitude. I'll take a high scholl diploma and a sense of public service over an arrogant attitude any day.

Jeez, I'm one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Just getting bitched out by a cop for something so simple pushes my buttons, and I have a problem with authoritative figures who abuse their privileges. And yes I think getting to vent on here has helped :)

PS - It's a 330Ci. Don't think cops in CA drive $45K cars.

CdwJava

BCRichWlk79 said:
PS - It's a 330Ci. Don't think cops in CA drive $45K cars.
No - but a lot of them drive $40,000 SUVs. Those family outings and camping trips take a lot of room.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">