• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unemployment compensation mess

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The duress and psychological grounds dealing with this just so happens to equate to the monetary damages of recovering my attorney fees, gas expenses and toll fees. Those are grounds plus you really think this company would send a lawyer to a small claim hearing over a few hundred dollars? I think they would be more than willing to settle and if they did not, they are going to spend thousands of dollars defending this. I just need to double check the law and make sure that there is no stipulation in the unemployment section in regards to attorney fees. Otherwise I think it is worth a shot.

plus I am probably going to law school so I need the experience and yes it will be an ABA approved school
Duress? Psychological grounds? Oh you are clueless. This was NOT duress -- legally. These are not psychological grounds -- legally. You won't get pain and suffering. You won't get your attorney fees, gas expenses and toll fees. Oh and you could be sanctioned for bringing a frivolous suit before small claims court.

Last edited by a moderator:

commentator

You might want to look at Tennessee's anti-SLAPP statute, RedemptionMan. I fear you may become acquainted with it in a most unpleasant way if you decide to sue.

It appears from what I've read in this thread of your adventures, all that was communicated about you was "privileged."

See Tennessee Code Ann. §§4-21-1001 to 4-21-1004. The Public Participation Project website's link to the law: http://www.anti-slapp.org/your-states-free-speech-protection/
Exactly what I've been trying to tell him. His particular case can't be pulled out from the legally established court system (the agency tribunal) that deals with these matters out into small claims court and heard and ruled upon by some judge there, just because he wants it to be. Those records are sealed and locked down according to the unemployment laws and statutues of both the state and federal governments.

If you think these third party contract employmer services places only exist in states that do not have anti-SLAPP, you're very much wrong about that too. They're everywhere, in almost every state, and you know that they know that some yahoo in TN who doesn't like what they said about him in his unemployment paperwork cannot sue them in small claims court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">