• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

visitation of newborn

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

VeronicaGia

ljones35 said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I guess i'm wondering exactly when visitation rights will start. i'm planning on breast feeding exclusively for the first 6 weeks. i'm not sure how visitation will work with that, and there is no way that i'm allowing my child to be away overnight so soon. plus he is getting a boxer puppy, and i'm not sure i trust is near my newborn son. how soon will he be able to get visitation and how long will it be for at a time?
You don't own the child. Once you bring this to a judge, you will lose all control over the situation, because the judge will decide your child's fate.

nhawkjo

ljones35 said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I guess i'm wondering exactly when visitation rights will start. i'm planning on breast feeding exclusively for the first 6 weeks. i'm not sure how visitation will work with that, and there is no way that i'm allowing my child to be away overnight so soon. plus he is getting a boxer puppy, and i'm not sure i trust is near my newborn son. how soon will he be able to get visitation and how long will it be for at a time?
Don't bother asking for advice on this forum take jenny0372 advice!
As you can see most just jump to conclusions and mock you...

I don't see how not having overnight visits with a newborn would really hinder a relationship, but I think that mom should be prepared to let dad have frequent and unhindered daytime visits. You breastfeed during the day, just like you do at night. You are going to have to pull him off the breast at some point so that dad can have a visit no matter what.

Ambr

ljones35 said:
1) i am very worried about it confusing or upseting him,

2) we live in northwestern pa it's COLD here and there is no upstairs heat in the house ( there are no downstairs bedrooms or places for the baby to sleep downstairs ), and

3) as of right now the father lives with his parents and they are yet to accept the pregnancy. i don't want to send him somewhere where he'll be able to sense the tension.
The LEGAL answers to your posts.

YES the father will have the right to see his child.

YES visitations will be where the father lives, even if its at Grandma/Grandpa's house house.

Now....the reassurance that you wanting. I can't really give you.

(1) From personal experience, it is more confusing for a child that has never been around dad to adjust to over night visits. Dad needs the chance to bond with the child, just like mom. If dad is involved from day one, getting to spend some one on one time with the baby, it will make the over night visits easier for the baby.

(2) This is just an excuse, be honest. The grandparents and the son are living there, and apparently sleeping in the upstair rooms. Since they are not dying of pneumonia or human popsicles, it is safe to assume there is heat in the house. Dad is still living and breathing, so it is safe to assume that grandpa and grandma are "decent" at this parenting this. I am sure that they will make the bedroom warm and cozy for their newborn child / grandchild.

(3) rather they are ready to accept the pregnancy or not, there is a baby on the way. Dad lives there. They can either kick dad out or deal with the fact that baby will be around. Most grandparents adjust and melt the first time they look at those cute little pudgy faces.

But you can't condemn them for actions that you think they might make when the baby is born. Have the baby. Give them the chance to be parent / grandparents. And then.....if they are abusive, or neglectful -- then take action.

New mom jitters are normal. Although they aren't you, and as a new mom you want to be the one to do all the raising. Dad is capable to --- and if not totally "super dad" capable, he will get that way with experience.

Hang in there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">