• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what do u think i should do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hmmbrdzz

Try to type a sentence using u, or using no caps at the beginning of a sentence, or putting no period at the end. It's foreign to me. It's bound to be a major sign -- perhaps the epitome of laziness and contemptuous. It's a bad "first impression", for sure.

hmmbrdzz

C

confused1111

oh come on. you're going to make assumptions on people's work ethic based on how many letters they chose to use in their words and whether or not they use caps in an informal writing situation such as this? I understand no periods, that makes it hard to read. I've never encountered anyone with such judgements.

JETX

'Confused', further proof that you have no clue..... and that your name fits.

Absolutely, people make a lot of opinions based purely on the way a person writes on this forum (or anywhere else). Especially since the written word is the ONLY thing that we can base an opinion on. If a person can't put a complete cognitive sentence together, it is a direct indicator of how parts of their life can be. If there sentence structure, spelling and/or grammar are poor, it is indicative of a lack of education, lack of learning ability or a lack of desire to 'follow the rules'. And some of these can lead a person to not read that contract, not be aware of the things around them, or even to be more likely to forget to pay those bills.

You may not like it, but the fact remains that people judge other people by LOTS of things.... appearance, posture, attitude, speech, and even body odor. No one is saying that the impression is correct, but once made, it is very hard to remove or alter.

So, get a clue. At least take the time and courtesy to make a decent appearance, even a false one.

JETX

That one just kind of popped in there. While writing, I flashed back about 20+ years to a guy that worked with us in a fairly large office. He had such a problem, that on his final day with the company, a group of secretaries (we had them back then!), gave him a 'care package', with soap, deodorant, cologne, etc.

Also, I worked in the Middle East for a while and the standing rule before any large meeting was to turn the A/C off and open the windows...... even in 100°+ heat. In fact, I suspect that this may one of the reasons that the women wear the 'face veils' (the 'niqab').:D

Last edited:
C

confused1111

my point is, this is not an English class (there, are you all happy now? I used a cap. maybe now you'll have some respect for me.) and gosh, you all are very mature making funny points about my screen name for this forum. I created it because I was seeking some advice. I didn't know that this board was full of a bunch of whining people who like to cut down sincere folks looking for some legal help. why the hell should people write formally on here? this is a FREE LEGAL ADVICE FORUM. not a college writing course or a law firm.

from now on, keep your points to your argument. making cracks about my screen name is an easy way out.:rolleyes:

JETX

Of course you are correct, this is not an English class. But as in all things in life, people make an opinion on what they see, and on this forum, the only thing that is 'seen' is the writers text.

So, whether you agree with it or not, opinions ARE based on what we read.... and how it is presented.

And just because you chose that as your 'screen name', doesn't excuse you to constantly be 'confused'. Get a clue, get an education, get a life.
:)

HomeGuru

confused1111 said:
my point is, this is not an English class (there, are you all happy now? I used a cap. maybe now you'll have some respect for me.) and gosh, you all are very mature making funny points about my screen name for this forum. I created it because I was seeking some advice. I didn't know that this board was full of a bunch of whining people who like to cut down sincere folks looking for some legal help. why the hell should people write formally on here? this is a FREE LEGAL ADVICE FORUM. not a college writing course or a law firm.

from now on, keep your points to your argument. making cracks about my screen name is an easy way out.:rolleyes:

**A: now wait a minute here; I was the first one to say that you were confused on this website, not JETX. You are confusing this post with another one and confusing the issue thereby making everyone else more confused than they were before. Why should JETX get all the blame. This is so confusing.

C

confused1111

And just because you chose that as your 'screen name', doesn't excuse you to constantly be 'confused'. Get a clue, get an education, get a life.
what a lame response. and Im not saying that people do not make judgements based on the way people type. what Im saying is that it's wrong to do so in my opinion.

JETX

"what a lame response. and Im not saying that people do not make judgements based on the way people type. what Im saying is that it's wrong to do so in my opinion."

Hell, now even I am confused. But not so much that I can't reach the caps key where appropriate, or the punctuation keys when needed, or even be able to spell judgments correctly!!

Methinks that confused needs to buy some commas and capital letters.

H

hmmbrdzz

This is hilarious. Here's my experience with someone from the Middle East (a surgeon, at that, practicing in the US). He stunk to high heaven. He wore a turban and all, couldn't speak good English, and I used to wonder what his patients would think when he would enter their room -- turban, odor, and no comprehendo what you say oh. When he working on charts at the module, I would think to myself " is it that da** thing on his head that stinks so bad -- just WHAT is wrong with him?" He smelled like this all the time. This, of course, was years ago. The staff was ultimately advised that it was his "practice" not to bathe. I'm telling you what -- that man smelled like something dipped in rotten onion juice and left out to dry.

It had a lasting impression on me.

hmmbrdzz

C

confused1111

I'm telling you what -- that man smelled like something dipped in rotten onion juice and left out to dry.
gross

good job pointing out my typographical error, JETX. why don't you go back to enforcing judgment and re-tape your glasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">