• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will I get retroactive child support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

macli said:
I'm sorry but I work also at a children's hospital and have seen many, too many, abused children and this is ... I can't even find the word for the kind of people you are. I am praying for you now. You definitely need it more than this mother. It doesn't matter who spells correctly, what type of job you have or if you work at all. We don't care how much you make. Its not about money or spelling, we are discussing a child's welfare. Hello, go back to your money and your jobs and bother someone else. You have no idea what it is like to send your child where harm could reach him. A fathers relationship is very important when it is the best interest of the child. Sometimes this is NOT the case.

To the mother...gather all the information you have and take it with you. Find an attorney you are confortable with and that will fight for your son's rights and WELFARE. I am praying that your child always feels loved, wanted and cherished by all that come into contact with him/her. Spelling, job, money you earn is nothing compared to having your child healthy and happy. These people are cruel and have no idea what your going through and I seriously doubt they work either. They sound like a disgruntled man that just got a child support raise rather than a caring mother. God, I would hate to have them as a mom. They say Ok he hurt the other kid but did they hurt yours. No. Not yet. I guess they think you should send your child and hope for the best. NOT me as I am a caring mother who only wants the best for her child and it sounds to me your are the same. Continue on and take care of yourself and your child.

OK I'm ready for your nasty remarks...you working "rich" people that can or can't spell and that have no feeling for a mother concerned about her child. Children come before any parent whether it be the mother or father. Oh, I need to take care of a patient (a child) but thank God this is not an abuse case. If only you knew.
Thank you for understanding my concerns and not the bullcrap these people want to throw.

stepmom65

too sad in az said:
I never mentioned I was hard up for the money. I'm not hard up for the money. I feel as a parent he should pay what my son deserves! If he wants to act like a father he can't pick and choose when or how. He needs to be a father all the way around and I'm not accepting things on his terms. That's just it. If I choose to save the money for my child or spend it on him that is my choice. But his father should be just as responsible to making a way financially for our son. PERIOD!
If his father is paying something and visiting his son (doesn't matter) how many times, then he has a right to take you to court and ask for more time. You don't have right to schedule or dictate when it's convenient for him to see his son. You don't have the right to dictate who's present or not present during visitations, especially if he's paying child support. The courts decide all that. If the courts feel that your former sperm donor's wife is not a threat, then guess what, the father will get visitation at his home eventually. So just get used to the idea that you picked the wrong guy and let him parent the child the best way he knows how. And if you keep pursuing all this crap about the child's safety and if you even try to disobey the court orders (that will eventually be filed and judged on), then you have a very high risk of losing that child altogether. So, I'd be careful in what you ask for, you might open some issues that you will regret later....sometimes, sleeping dogs are better left alone....

MandyD said:
" If you come across as ignorant than..."

I believe the correct term is THEN. I guess you just "discredited" yourself.
Maybe you didn't go to school either. But "then" is the correct word. Thank you. If you like you can check your grammar on any internet site or pick up a grammar book. It helps.

stepmom65 said:
If his father is paying something and visiting his son (doesn't matter) how many times, then he has a right to take you to court and ask for more time. You don't have right to schedule or dictate when it's convenient for him to see his son. You don't have the right to dictate who's present or not present during visitations, especially if he's paying child support. The courts decide all that. If the courts feel that your former sperm donor's wife is not a threat, then guess what, the father will get visitation at his home eventually. So just get used to the idea that you picked the wrong guy and let him parent the child the best way he knows how. And if you keep pursuing all this crap about the child's safety and if you even try to disobey the court orders (that will eventually be filed and judged on), then you have a very high risk of losing that child altogether. So, I'd be careful in what you ask for, you might open some issues that you will regret later....sometimes, sleeping dogs are better left alone....
Don't jump the gun! No one mentioned disobeying court orders. What the ? We haven't even gone to court yet.

MandyD

too sad in az said:
Maybe you didn't go to school either. But "then" is the correct word. Thank you. If you like you can check your grammar on any internet site or pick up a grammar book. It helps.
You're right, as am I. Then is the correct word. Since you know that, why did you use the word "than"? Apparently, you also have a reading comprehension deficiency.

I just wanted to add my thanks to you. Fridays are normally very slow days for me but, thanks to you, I've been entertained most of the day. If you can just keep your idiocy going for a couple more hours, I'll be set. TIA.

stepmom65 said:
I know, but duty called.... :D and I couldn't help myself...
You keep making excuses for your shortcomings. You really can't spell or speak (write) so much to the extent Stealth2 had to point it out as well. HA!

BelizeBreeze

too sad in az said:
Don't jump the gun! No one mentioned disobeying court orders. What the ? We haven't even gone to court yet.
Well now, I seem to remember someone telling you that according to Arizona statutes, the question of back child support is moot.

let's review:

AND LET US NOT FORGET: "LIE? I just found this information out. What do I need to lie for? What would be the advantage of lying? Clearly none! I just wanted to let you know I get retroactive support. Because the attorney said so, because my son's father filed for support & visitation in August. Did I mention I get retroactive support?"

THEN YOU CONTINUE: "Oh yea did I mention I get RETROACTIVE SUPPORT! "

AND THIS ONE: "Yea yea yea! I had more than one question. I got the answer I needed regarding retroactive payments. Thanks to him filing in August I guess I can bank on getting from August until this thing is settled in back payments for child support."

HOWEVER, I GUESS YOU FORGOT THIS STATEMENT ALSO:"In addition, the attorney did say that if the father filed for child support and visitation then at that time child support will be calculated. "

AND NOW: " What the ? We haven't even gone to court yet."

The correct Arizona citation for retroactive child support is the following:

25-320 . Child support; factors; methods of payment; additional enforcement provisions; definitions

A. In a proceeding for dissolution of marriage, legal separation, maintenance or child support, the court may order either or both parents owing a duty of support to a child, born to or adopted by the parents, to pay an amount reasonable and necessary for support of the child, without regard to marital misconduct. If no child support has been ordered by a child support order and if the court deems child support appropriate, the court shall direct, using a retroactive application of the child support guidelines to the date of filing a dissolution of marriage, legal separation, maintenance or child support proceeding...

If you're going to lie at least get your story straight before starting. Here's a suggestion. Write out a script and follow it. Then you won't be caught in so many lies. :rolleyes:

badbone

too sad in az said:
Correct grammar is "than"! MandyD you're WRONG. I'll give too sad the benefit of doubt that she mistakenly typed the wrong word.

badbone

BelizeBreeze said:
Well now, I seem to remember someone telling you that according to Arizona statutes, the question of back child support is moot.

let's review:

AND LET US NOT FORGET: "LIE? I just found this information out. What do I need to lie for? What would be the advantage of lying? Clearly none! I just wanted to let you know I get retroactive support. Because the attorney said so, because my son's father filed for support & visitation in August. Did I mention I get retroactive support?"

THEN YOU CONTINUE: "Oh yea did I mention I get RETROACTIVE SUPPORT! "

AND THIS ONE: "Yea yea yea! I had more than one question. I got the answer I needed regarding retroactive payments. Thanks to him filing in August I guess I can bank on getting from August until this thing is settled in back payments for child support."

HOWEVER, I GUESS YOU FORGOT THIS STATEMENT ALSO:"In addition, the attorney did say that if the father filed for child support and visitation then at that time child support will be calculated. "

AND NOW: " What the ? We haven't even gone to court yet."

The correct Arizona citation for retroactive child support is the following:

25-320 . Child support; factors; methods of payment; additional enforcement provisions; definitions

A. In a proceeding for dissolution of marriage, legal separation, maintenance or child support, the court may order either or both parents owing a duty of support to a child, born to or adopted by the parents, to pay an amount reasonable and necessary for support of the child, without regard to marital misconduct. If no child support has been ordered by a child support order and if the court deems child support appropriate, the court shall direct, using a retroactive application of the child support guidelines to the date of filing a dissolution of marriage, legal separation, maintenance or child support proceeding...

If you're going to lie at least get your story straight before starting. Here's a suggestion. Write out a script and follow it. Then you won't be caught in so many lies. :rolleyes:
What lie? You're crazy!

BelizeBreeze

badbone said:
What lie? You're crazy!
Read the post again and my summation of her silliness you idiot.

No attorney who has passed the bar exam and been issued a license to practice law would advise a client that she is entitled to back child support that has yet to be ordered by a court of competent jurisdiction when no petition for such has yet been filed.

MandyD

badbone said:
Correct grammar is "than"! MandyD you're WRONG. I'll give too sad the benefit of doubt that she mistakenly typed the wrong word.
badbone, did you not read what she said when she misused the word THAN? Here it is for your perusal, "Spelling does count. If you come across as ignorant than you will be perceived as ignorant." I'm sorry, but you, as well as she, are wrong. The correct word to use in this context is THEN.

Is stupidity contagious and is it painful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">