• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wooooohooooo!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sbaldwin

What is the name of your state? TX
CP was finally served today at 4:13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are sooooooooo excited to get this part over with... just had to share!! Thanks to all who have offered support and advice!

B

Boxcarbill

It isn't over until the fat lady sings so don't break open the bubbly just yet. Yes, I know: (Now everyone sing to BCB) "Every party has a pooper that's why we invited you party pooper. Party pooper."

H

hexeliebe

I don't know about BCB, but "Everybody loves somebody sometimes" works for me :D

B

Boxcarbill

HomeGuru said:
BCB, what tune is the party pooper song sung to?
You are asking me? I can hum the tune but I can't identify it by title.

H

hexeliebe

The more I hum the damn thing (yes, it's becoming like the Meow Mix commercial) the more It reminds me of "Pretty baby". :(

B

Boxcarbill

hexeliebe said:
The more I hum the damn thing (yes, it's becoming like the Meow Mix commercial) the more It reminds me of "Pretty baby". :(
I think that's it! I really think that its. Is "Pretty Baby" an old song? Hum a few bars for me.

H

hexeliebe

It's so old even I remember it...

dum de dum dum de da dum dum da....pretty baby, pretty baby.

B

Boxcarbill

hexeliebe said:
It's so old even I remember it...

dum de dum dum de da dum dum da....pretty baby, pretty baby.
That's it. Its Dean Martin's " Pretty Baby." Damn who would have thought that one could identify a tune on the Internet without sound.

H

hexeliebe

Pretty Baby
Words by Gus Kahn, music by Tony Jackson and Egbert Van Alstyne, 1916
Introduced in the stage revue "The Passing Show of 1916"
Mammy (sung by Al Jolson), 1930
Rose of Washington Square (Al Jolson), 1939
Broadway Rhythm (sung and danced by Kenny Bowers and Gloria DeHaven, then sung and danced by Charles Winninger and Gloria DeHaven with Chorus Girls), 1944
Jolson Sings Again (Al Jolson dubbing for Larry Parks), 1949
I'll See You in My Dreams (Danny Thomas), 1951

It's one of the few 'talents' I possess...but I can't take all the credit. Scruffy has been humming that damn song since we bred her this week, walking around twitching her tail and smoking a cigarette....little vamp that she is.

H

hexeliebe

Don't feel bad BCB, I was a disc Jockey for a few years but got out of the business in 1984....

but if memory serves me, the last time I heard that song was on the Red Skelton Show with Bing Crosby and Bob Hope singing...

Now does that age me?

sbaldwin

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
HOW DARE YOU POOP ON MY PARTY! JK

I know it's far from over, but at least she got the damn papers and I'm sure she's thrilled!:D

Boxcarbill said:
It isn't over until the fat lady sings so don't break open the bubbly just yet. Yes, I know: (Now everyone sing to BCB) "Every party has a pooper that's why we invited you party pooper. Party pooper."
When I read this, I got an image of Martin Short in "Father of the Bride 2". LOL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">