• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child custody help pls

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelizeBreeze

Been there done that, there is home evauation done in my state. I have had family members go through this very thing, so say what you want, believe what you want. One day of being on this site I have had enough and don't plan on being on here again because of people like you. We are all entitled to our opinion and experiences and who are you to tell me I don't know what I am talking about when I this has happened just a few years ago to a family member. I refuse to play these name calling, finger pointing games it is ok for you all to say what you want and give advise. Does the word respect others mean anything to you?
If you would like to continue this takt, I suggest you ask about two people who are no longer on this forum nor will they be allowed back.

Your state has nothing to do with this situation and a home study doesn't either. Now either provide the administrator of this site proof that you have a basis for dispensing legal advice or take your own advice.

I will be watching you closely.

TCool

Thanks for the kind words leather.

I would have to say that I agree, some of you people are not so nice. I get lectured on here about empathy, and being offensive, but look at the conduct of some of you. Telling someone who is being nice and giving a little bit of advice based on their own experiences to stfu, thats class. Calling someone who came here for advice about their custody situation a retard, and a bad parent, WAY TO GO! I'm thinking that some of you need to settle down a bit.

I do, however, thank you all for giving me a base to start on, even if you weren't exactly nice about it. The information will come in handy for me. But, I've come up with a new compromise and I'm hoping there is still a little bit of reason in her mother.

BelizeBreeze

Thanks for the kind words leather.

I would have to say that I agree, some of you people are not so nice. I get lectured on here about empathy, and being offensive, but look at the conduct of some of you. Telling someone who is being nice and giving a little bit of advice based on their own experiences to stfu, thats class. Calling someone who came here for advice about their custody situation a retard, and a bad parent, WAY TO GO! I'm thinking that some of you need to settle down a bit.

I do, however, thank you all for giving me a base to start on, even if you weren't exactly nice about it. The information will come in handy for me. But, I've come up with a new compromise and I'm hoping there is still a little bit of reason in her mother.
are you really this dense. The PERSON who said STFU was LEATHER. you don't have a clue do you?

TCool

are you really this dense. The PERSON who said STFU was LEATHER. you don't have a clue do you?
Funny that you say that.

Jbowman said:
and leather-person, really STFU!
Not said by leather, what was said by leather was:

leather said:
Exactly what does STFU mean got the guts to explain?
Nope, I'd say I'm not dense. The PERSON that said STFU was JBOWMAN.

You're really not a nice person are you?

ceara19

Ditto. My lawyer was a "b*tch on wheels" and didn't mince words at all. She told it to you straight with no pussy-footing or nice phraseology. If she thought you were acting like a moron, she told you so in no uncertain terms. And ya know what? She was exactly what was needed and earned every penny I paid her. The last thing I needed was someone with a box of tissues and a sympathetic ear.
The way I look at it is, if a person wants someone to pat you on the back and tell you everything is going to be okay, they need to call their mommy.

G

Gevalia

If you really want help, TCool, you should keep this in mind.

I'm a long-time lurker, simply because I'm fascinated by anything to do with the law. I've learned a LOT just by hanging out here and reading, and I've had to pick a lot of the valuable information I've gotten out of the middle of posts that were snotty, rude, and arrogant, or the responder was just frustrated, annoyed, fed-up, or tired of trying to get through some stubborn idiot's thick skull.

Some of these people have been here for years, trying to help posters who often just throw it back in their faces and tell them they don't know what they're talking about. Sometimes people don't bother to do the most basic research first, or even browse this site to see if their question has already been addressed, which can result in five versions of "Yes, I know I work in an at-will state, but does that really apply to me??" all on the same page. And then there are the ignorant wanna-bes who roam from post to post, nipping at everyone's heels, creating confusion and giving sometimes dangerously bad "advice", obliging the members who know what they're talking about to spend even more time trying to clarify and correct the misinformation.

If anyone can do that day after day for years and not lose patience or have a certain amount of contempt for what they expect will be just another typical poster, they're certainly a better person than I. But that's what these guys do, and they keep doing it in spite of the crap they have to put up with.

You're not here to make friends, you're here for advice, and in the midst of anything you might find offensive, you're actually getting very good advice. Take what you need and leave the rest behind. You're wasting your time taking exception to what you perceive as rudeness, and you shouldn't let that interfere with your acceptance of what is also some very valuable information.

If you want an attorney to smile, shake your hand, offer you coffee, and tell you you're wrong in a nice, pleasant voice, go to his office and pay for his services. If you want legal help without spending money, you can come here and get excellent free advice, but they're probably going to extract "payment" by allowing themselves the freedom to say exactly what they think. If the advice helps you get your daughter, that sounds like a bargain to me.

Instead of spending time here bickering back and forth, take the advice you've been given and go do what you have to do.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You forgot rules of evidence, depositions and discovery along with answering the cross-complaint.
Yeah well I was just giving him a starting point. If he can't get through those in a day and understand them, he has no shot at even trying to figure out the rules of evidence.

llanberis

TCool,

I am from WI as well and went through a similar process not too long ago. Biggest difference is, my husband's ex-gf sued him for child support and at that point a paternity test was done and custody was determined.

You really do need an attorney. Keep in mind that some attorneys out there will give you a free consultation. But at any rate, you really need an attorney.

Something else you REALLY need to consider: These things take a LONG time. My husband filed a petition to modify placement back in May of '06 and nothing has been decided yet. There has been a home study conducted (which is given 140 or so days to be completed). Prepare yourself for a long battle. It would certainly not be a bad idea to get things started now. It very well may take a year to a year and a half before a judgment is handed down.

Last edited:

Zephyr

TCOOL- I am in your immediate area...please turn on your private messages in your user cp and I can direct you to some resources

TCool

TCOOL- I am in your immediate area...please turn on your private messages in your user cp and I can direct you to some resources
Done.

I realize I need an attorney people, I said I am looking into funding for that. I've stated before I'm just here trying to learn about it myself, that doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to go at it alone, but I would like to have some information about it.

Gevalia: Yes, I realize what they do, and I actually took no offense to anything said. I just found some of it entertaining, and ofcourse am going defend myself when called dense and wrong about something that I am clearly not (stupid who said what argument :p ). Also, I said in another post that I see where they get the attitude from. I can understand how you would get frustrated with people easily when you have people like the one who posted yesterday that wanted to take her child away from the father simply because it was more convienant for her. And, I do know they are giving good advice, I stated that a few times already. So, no fears, I know I'm getting good advice and it doesn't bother me that some people are a little rude. :D

firedaddy03

too cool

You will receive some good advice here,just be patient. The truth does hurt though!
Your plans are sound,your taking care of her and baby were too. All that is out the window now.Your x wants to play house with someone else.You will pay her c/s too.If you realy want any shot at being around your daughter,forget moving! You go off to school, land that big job.you will miss out! live by her,make yourself availible to take care of her.Focus on your daughter,she needs time with you.
Go to whatever shcool you can/when you can. Good luck
GET A RECOMENDED ATTORNEY NOW !

firedaddy03

too cool

FLorida,
You will receive some good advice here,just be patient. The truth does hurt though!
Your plans are sound,your taking care of her and baby were too. All that is out the window now.Your x wants to play house with someone else.You will pay her c/s too.If you realy want any shot at being around your daughter,forget moving! You go off to school, land that big job.you will miss out! live by her,make yourself availible to take care of her.Focus on your daughter,she needs time with you.
Go to whatever shcool you can/when you can. Good luck
GET A RECOMENDED ATTORNEY NOW !

TCool

Belize: as you requested I'm bringing my question back to this thread.

Would documenting my daughters mothers behavior of spending very little time with her daughter help me at all? I realize that there is no chance of abondonment, and I'm not trying to go for that, but I just want to know if it will help because I believe it shows she isn't putting her daughter first. This hasn't been going on long, but I want to know just in case she continues this behavior, which I am hoping she does not. Over the past month she has been spending a week at a time away and then coming home for a few hours and leaving again, or coming home late at night when it is time for our daughter to go to sleep, and then leaving again in the morning.

Should anything here be documented?

Zephyr

Belize: as you requested I'm bringing my question back to this thread.

Would documenting my daughters mothers behavior of spending very little time with her daughter help me at all? I realize that there is no chance of abondonment, and I'm not trying to go for that, but I just want to know if it will help because I believe it shows she isn't putting her daughter first. This hasn't been going on long, but I want to know just in case she continues this behavior, which I am hoping she does not. Over the past month she has been spending a week at a time away and then coming home for a few hours and leaving again, or coming home late at night when it is time for our daughter to go to sleep, and then leaving again in the morning.

Should anything here be documented?
Not BB- but it never hurts to document

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">