• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother Is Trying To Serve Me..On What Grounds??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

casa

yea i understand that. But "sign in/out sheets" dont indicate who signed him in or out. Its just a machine where you punch in his id. It just shows he was there. They take roll for that also everyday so either way they know he was there but have no idea who dropped him off. The point of saying everyone sees me every single day was to point out that it was me who drops him off and picks him up. Not to mention I pay for five full days of daycare when I should only be paying for 2. I have reciepts for that as well. Im sure affidavits will be sufficient.
The receipts are telling...to a point. It's a strong point, but it's still arguable that you didn't force Mom to pay any other time she had the child & didn't pay~ so who can say how MANY of those times/days are not represented by the receipts? It's just nice to tie it all together nicely.

I think, despite your warm rapport at school...you may be surprised at how Unwilling care providers are to become involved in contested custody actions. In some cases, as employees, they are also further restricted.

Include Dr. appt records (many Drs notate which parent takes a child in)

qurice

My youngest son goes to a Bright Horizons center at my wife's worksite.

Yes there is just a computer where you sign him in and out, but each person who is allowed to pickup/drop off has their own code. Maybe OPs daycare is the same? :confused:

The receipts are telling...to a point. It's a strong point, but it's still arguable that you didn't force Mom to pay any other time she had the child & didn't pay~ so who can say how MANY of those times/days are not represented by the receipts? It's just nice to tie it all together nicely.

I think, despite your warm rapport at school...you may be surprised at how Unwilling care providers are to become involved in contested custody actions. In some cases, as employees, they are also further restricted.

Include Dr. appt records (many Drs notate which parent takes a child in)
I am confused by the first paragraph..lol All I really wanted was for her to either help pay half or take him when she was scheduled to do so. I figured me paying for 5 days would set off an alarm like "why are you paying for 5 days of daycare when the mother should have him 3 of those 5 days at her own daycare?".

But as far as the second paragraph I know two of his teachers on a personal level as well as the assitant director. So if it comes down to needing their help they already offered to help so Im not so worried about that aspect. One of his prior teachers no longer works there but we are friends and she offered to help as well. Most of them already asked "Where is his mother? Why does she never come get him or why have we never seen her?". So they "know" who the acting custodial parent is.

And as far as the doctor's visits we both go. I bring him and take him back but she meets me there so thats is about 50/50. I just find all this so amusing. She gets stuck with him for 1 day outside of her schedule and she goes and tells..lol

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I just find all this so amusing. She gets stuck with him for 1 day outside of her schedule and she goes and tells..lol
You don't know WHAT the papers are. Perhaps they are simply a request for a modification to clarify the order so that this issue doesn't come up again...

As you were told earlier - get the papers and THEN come here to ask questions ;)

You don't know WHAT the papers are. Perhaps they are simply a request for a modification to clarify the order so that this issue doesn't come up again...

As you were told earlier - get the papers and THEN come here to ask questions ;)
thanks for restating that. I needed to hear it again. I talked to her already and she is upset about having to keep him so she filed a contempt claim saying I didnt pick him up and that she had to pay for daycare. Does that help you answer my question now?

CJane

thanks for restating that. I needed to hear it again. I talked to her already and she is upset about having to keep him so she filed a contempt claim saying I didnt pick him up and that she had to pay for daycare. Does that help you answer my question now?
Not really. We need to know WHAT the contempt claim is based on... you not having the child, or not paying for daycare. Also, you said yourself that the order is vague when it comes to who pays for daycare.

What EXACTLY does it say?

Not really. We need to know WHAT the contempt claim is based on... you not having the child, or not paying for daycare. Also, you said yourself that the order is vague when it comes to who pays for daycare.

What EXACTLY does it say?
Geez people. I am restating what she told me she put on the lines you fill in on the court papers. She stated that she had to keep him on a day that she was not scheduled to and subsequently had to pay for daycare. The original order only says that whoever has the child will provide their own daycare and cover any other expenses.

Zigner

Geez people. I am restating what she told me she put on the lines you fill in on the court papers. She stated that she had to keep him on a day that she was not scheduled to and subsequently had to pay for daycare. The original order only says that whoever has the child will provide their own daycare and cover any other expenses.
Ok, here's how it needs to work. You get the papers, then you type, word for word, what they say.

CJane

So she is saying that it's YOUR custodial day and YOU did not pay for daycare.

Yes?

And what about that is not contempt?

If it really was YOUR day, then it really was YOUR turn to pay.

So she is saying that it's YOUR custodial day and YOU did not pay for daycare.

Yes?

And what about that is not contempt?

If it really was YOUR day, then it really was YOUR turn to pay.
LOL.. Ok so last time I asked this question it was NOT contempt. And today it is because why the moon is full?? If I can find the thread I will post YOUR reply. I stated the same thing in the earlier thread regarding the custody agreement. I asked you if the mother is not keeping the child on the days she is suppose to and I in turn have to pay for daycare, is that contempt. You said NOPE. So did I miss anything?

Oh by the way here is the original thread where I explained the order in detail and you stated something contradictory to what you stated above:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=383162

Last edited:

Zigner

CJ - please stand by - OP has promised to post what the papers say once he gets them. Until that point, he is just guessing.

CJane

LOL.. Ok so last time I asked this question it was NOT contempt. And today it is because why the moon is full?? If I can find the thread I will post YOUR reply. I stated the same thing in the earlier thread regarding the custody agreement. I asked you if the mother is not keeping the child on the days she is suppose to and I in turn have to pay for daycare, is that contempt. You said NOPE. So did I miss anything?

Oh by the way here is the original thread where I explained the order in detail and you stated something contradictory to what you stated above:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=383162
Actually, the moon was full Saturday.

I stated that IF your order says that you are to pay when the child is IN YOUR CUSTODY then it was not contempt.

However, now you're saying that you're to pay if it's YOUR CUSTODIAL DAY.

There's a difference.

Actually, the moon was full Saturday.

I stated that IF your order says that you are to pay when the child is IN YOUR CUSTODY then it was not contempt.

However, now you're saying that you're to pay if it's YOUR CUSTODIAL DAY.

There's a difference.
Where did I say this? I said whoever has custody of the child will provide daycare for the child. This is the same thing I said in the previous thread. Now if you are saying the original order equals the above then that is all I need to know.

I posted this:

The current order states that she has him Tues-Friday and pay for all expenses including childcare during that time. The order is 50/50 so no one has to pay child support but she is obligated to pay for expenses during the time she is to keep him which she has not done for the last year and a half. I have had to pay all expenses. She gives nothing for his childcare, food, clothing, etc.

You posted this:

Does the order specifically state that she is to pay for child care from Tuesday - Friday every week, or does it state that she is to pay for child care while the child is in her custody? There's an important distinction there.

And then you said this:

Technically, if she's not ordered to, she doesn't have to pay anything while he's in your care. That's why the distinction I mentioned above is so important.

So just to clarify if the order says that she is too keep him from Tues-Fri and she does NOT is she responsible for daycare if I have to keep him from Tues-Fri? I took your statement to mean that if he is in my care because she refuses to pick him up to mean she did NOT have to pay.

OK the contempt of court citation has the following checked:

to allow Petitioner to visit with the minor child but has refused to do so.

That is what it says verbatim. So she is claiming I have refused to let her visit with our son. Now its even funnier since she is supposed to pick him up from daycare on Tuesdays and has not once picked him up in over a year. How can I keep him from her when I dont even have him during the day when she is supposed to pick him up? She has the address of the daycare and has even picked him up in the past albeit on days which she was not supposed to (i.e. on days I was to have him) have him.

CJ - please stand by - OP has promised to post what the papers say once he gets them. Until that point, he is just guessing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">