• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No custody to Joint custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Well I would like to see how it is exactly worded. I say that because if this is her residence (girlfriend's that is) and it says no overnight visitors then technically she is NOT a visitor. She is a resident. There are legal definitions for the words "visitor" and "resident". And if she can prove it is her residence there may be a loophole. But UNTIL that argument can be made she needs to either MARRY him or go with friends/family every other weekend.

Quite frankly though I am MORE upset with boyfriend than girlfriend. BOYFRIEND is choosing girlfriend over children.

Oh and I am waiting to hear that I am (pick one or more): mean, harsh, rude, arrogant, cruel, ignorant, that the OP doesn't like me, she is not going to post anymore, I dont' know the full story, or something of that nature. Shall we place bets?

CJane

Oh and I am waiting to hear that I am (pick one or more): mean, harsh, rude, arrogant, cruel, ignorant, that the OP doesn't like me, she is not going to post anymore, I dont' know the full story, or something of that nature. Shall we place bets?
So far she's taken everything very well. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

greenlady

If girlfriend went and stayed with friends then boyfriend could have his children all weekend long. But boyfriend is choosing his girlfriend OVER his children? HUH? Either get married or get lost on the weekends.
Of course I would do that for him so that he can have the kids overnight, but I would have to get a hotel room every other weekend, and we cant afford that. I have only been in the area for a short time and every single friend I have has cats...and I am deathly allergic. I wish I did have a place to go. We have an RV that I could sleep in on the weekends, but it is parked in our driveway and we tried that with mom and she said no (which I dont blame her for).

We are getting married, but I am waiting for the brick to fall and hit him in the head so he will ask me. We have talked about it numerous times. He knows how much us being married would help take the complications out of this case (well as many as possible anyway). Waiting on him to make the move.

And Ohiogal, the wording of the court document says "neither parent shall have overnight visitors while the children are there." I had trouble with that wording myself. I am not a visitor. It is my house and the lease is in my name. Do you really think that is a loophole we can use?

And I would never call you names or throw a temper tantrum Ohiogal...I appreciate all you all's help, and I'm not that selfish to think that I am superior to his children. I am the one that types most of his emails and files his court paperwork for him. I want him to see the kids whether I am there are not.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Of course I would do that for him so that he can have the kids overnight, but I would have to get a hotel room every other weekend, and we cant afford that. I have only been in the area for a short time and every single friend I have has cats...and I am deathly allergic. I wish I did have a place to go. We have an RV that I could sleep in on the weekends, but it is parked in our driveway and we tried that with mom and she said no (which I dont blame her for).
Mom doesn't control.

We are getting married, but I am waiting for the brick to fall and hit him in the head so he will ask me. We have talked about it numerous times. He knows how much us being married would help take the complications out of this case (well as many as possible anyway). Waiting on him to make the move.
heck it is 2007, you could ask him.

And Ohiogal, the wording of the court document says "neither parent shall have overnight visitors while the children are there." I had trouble with that wording myself. I am not a visitor. It is my house and the lease is in my name. Do you really think that is a loophole we can use?
You are not a visitor. And it does not say "neither parent shall be an overnight visitor with the children". I would get an attorney to fight that. Has mom ever gone someplace overnight with the children?

And I would never call you names or throw a temper tantrum Ohiogal...I appreciate all you all's help, and I'm not that selfish to think that I am superior to his children. I am the one that types most of his emails and files his court paperwork for him. I want him to see the kids whether I am there are not.
Now I am impressed. I think you are one of my favorite newbies. :D

TinkerBelleLuvr

On Sadie Hawkins Day (02/29/2008), that is the day that LADIES ask the man to marry them. :D:D:D

greenlady

Mom doesn't control.
So even if I am camped out in the RV in the driveway, as long as I'm not in the house, she cant deny visitation? That is wonderful!!!:D

heck it is 2007, you could ask him.
Yeah, I thought about that too, believe me. But if he isnt ready to ask then he isnt going to be ready to say yes either.

You are not a visitor. And it does not say "neither parent shall be an overnight visitor with the children". I would get an attorney to fight that. Has mom ever gone someplace overnight with the children?
Thanks for the info!!! I will let him know and call my lawyer.

He is unaware of what she does with the children. She tells him nothing, and is not required to tell him. That was one of his biggest issues with the no overnight visitors thing...there isnt anyone monitoring who she has overnight with the children, or where she takes them. We know she has left them unattended in her apartment for an extended period of time (unless she had an overnight visitor watching them) because he has witnessed this.

Thanks again Ohiogal!! You have given me some ideas I hadnt thought of. Hopefully it will help him get to spend more time with his children!!!!!:D:D:D

jaxpink

You dont need the Medicaid cards. All you need are the boys SS#. Thats all the hospital needs. Also all you have to say is they have Medicaid and its usually marked as special on any admit forms.

jaxpink

Also at times the hospital will send the bill to the Medicaid holder anyway if you tell them so that the account holder can give it to medicaid!

greenlady

On Sadie Hawkins Day (02/29/2008), that is the day that LADIES ask the man to marry them.
LOL Ginny J. I will keep that in mind!!!

You dont need the Medicaid cards. All you need are the boys SS#. Thats all the hospital needs. Also all you have to say is they have Medicaid and its usually marked as special on any admit forms.
Thanks for the info jaxpink. He does have their SSNs. Someone had mentioned before in another reply that hospitals can usually look up the Medicaid info if they are local. Thanks

CJane

We know she has left them unattended in her apartment for an extended period of time (unless she had an overnight visitor watching them) because he has witnessed this.
When you say witnessed... what EXACTLY do you mean?

Because if he KNEW the babies were alone WHILE THEY WERE ALONE and he didn't call CPS, I've got REAL problems w/your boyfriend.

greenlady

When you say witnessed... what EXACTLY do you mean?

Because if he KNEW the babies were alone WHILE THEY WERE ALONE and he didn't call CPS, I've got REAL problems w/your boyfriend.
In the incident I explained before...Sun before last when he went to pick them up and she had moved her car to another area of the lot to make it look like she wasnt home. He waited a hour for her to come outside and when she did, she was without the children. I wasnt with him, so I dont know exactly how long she was outside, but it was long enough to walk to another parking lot, move the car, and exchange nastiness with dad before returning to the apt. He also doesnt know if she had someone inside with her watching the children. I would venture a guess that it was not longer than 10 mins. Is that enough to have warrented calling CPS? He took pictures of her as she was doing all this. Should he still call now?

LdiJ

In the incident I explained before...Sun before last when he went to pick them up and she had moved her car to another area of the lot to make it look like she wasnt home. He waited a hour for her to come outside and when she did, she was without the children. I wasnt with him, so I dont know exactly how long she was outside, but it was long enough to walk to another parking lot, move the car, and exchange nastiness with dad before returning to the apt. He also doesnt know if she had someone inside with her watching the children. I would venture a guess that it was not longer than 10 mins. Is that enough to have warrented calling CPS? He took pictures of her as she was doing all this. Should he still call now?
Since it was only 10 minutes, and he has no idea whether or not someone else was in the apartment, or even whether the kids were in the apartment, no, it would not have been appropriate to call CPS. When you said "extended period of time" we were imagining something a whole lot longer than 10 minutes.

Last edited:

greenlady

Since it was only 10 minutes, and he has no idea whether or not someone else was in the apartment, or even whether the kids were in the apartment, no, it would not have been appropriate to call CPS. When you said "extended period of time" we were imagining something a whole lot longer than 10 minutes.
Sorry about that. I said extended because I have seen what they (17 mo old twins) can do to my house if I am not right there watching them, so I would say that anytime alone is too much time. But that's just me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">