• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wedding plans/custody time issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

majomom1

Yeah, this really isn't rocket science. You have numerous options that don't require Mom's giving up her time. If you can't figure one of them out? You're still a putz.
LMAO..

Did anyone notice that he (and her) really don't care for the big wedding..

It is for the kids??? What a new concept.....

We want the kids to experience the wedding and have a really great example of a loving relationship between two people who would do anything for each other

md5363

Wow if we could afford to take all of us to Australia for the wedding, trust me it would already be in the works.

You guys are really harsh....I wasn't trying to be an a$$ but I guess I was, you don't need to keep beating me down! My thought was that it wasn't being unreasonable to ask for an hour five months in advance....but like most everything else I was wrong. Its will be rescheduled - I get it.

CJane

here's the thing bub- not only is it mom's time....it's MOTHER"S DAY WEEKEND

I like to think I am an accomodating sort, and I alsways make swaps happen when I can, but I would never allow time on MOTHERS DAY WEEKEND- that mom tribute time....nor would I ever ask for time on FATHERS DAY WEEKEND- that's dad tribute time....
I would. And I have.

Growing up, my SDad would always get all of us kids out of the house and take us fishing or mudflopping or whatever so that Mom could have Mother's Day ALL TO HERSELF.

She would do the same for him on Father's Day.

But my family is a little weird.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Wow if we could afford to take all of us to Australia for the wedding, trust me it would already be in the works.

You guys are really harsh....I wasn't trying to be an a$$ but I guess I was, you don't need to keep beating me down! My thought was that it wasn't being unreasonable to ask for an hour five months in advance....but like most everything else I was wrong. Its will be rescheduled - I get it.
Not me :D:D:D I'm enjoying my cheese with my whine.

Zephyr

you weren't being unreasonable you just didn't know, and if the weekend was any other than Mother's Day weekend I would have said mom should probably bend...but a good rule of thumb to always follow- if it's important- do it on your time so there is almost no chance the other parent can muck it up

Zephyr

I would. And I have.

Growing up, my SDad would always get all of us kids out of the house and take us fishing or mudflopping or whatever so that Mom could have Mother's Day ALL TO HERSELF.

She would do the same for him on Father's Day.

But my family is a little weird
we all knew that already LOL

we spent last mother's day weekend at the water park- that was fun

wileybunch

Thanks Ginny J. Honestly, I do appreciate your suggestions primarily.

Its easier to be where you sit; reading replies posted by people who are personally involved in emotional circumstances....that's why we ask for a voice of reason. Our friends are going to tell us to fight, our attorney's want to cause they want to get $$....so isn't that what this post is all about? So, the logical and non-emotional response was what I was looking for and I got it....so, I do mean it. Thanks.
Exactly. All those cheerleaders don't have to live with the mess they suggest to put you in. Really, asking for the time on Mother's Day weekend would, by most women, likely be taken as a huge slap in the face, like they don't matter at all, or at least YOU don't think they matter as a mother. Very touchy thing to be asking in the first place (and really if I were you, I'd tell her you just realized how stupid it was to even ask and apologize for it. Who knows? That may go a long way toward making her realize you're not such an ass and maybe she would find it in her heart to cooperate w/other plans you try to make or even a different version of this plan). Honestly, I would have slapped my husband upside the head if he asked his ex (who is a bitch) that question, not b/c she is a bitch, but b/c he'd have to have some nerve. I don't want to be the woman on his arm walking down the aisle under THOSE circumstances.

It's frustrating coordinating all tentacles of a family, but keep in mind who's most important -- you and future wife, then kids, then other family and do what you can to keep those things intact w/o running over someone else to get it and you'll be fine even if you can "have it all."

StampGirl

I feel for you, really.

We planned our wedding on a Monday with a Sunday at noon leave time (out of town wedding). I simply requested from my Ex an earlier pick up time on that Sunday at Noon (4 hrs earlier than usual). I also offered ANY weekend he wanted as extra (mind you not one day but an entire weekend).

In usual fashion, he whined and complained but instead of giving me the Noon pick-up time, he gave the ENTIRE weekend to me. *sigh* How generous!! He gives it up so fast lately.

But I digress!! Planning something on Mothers Day Weekend is not cool. Ask your fiance how she would feel if her ex was getting married that weekend and her ex requested she give up her Mothers Day weekend for him to marry someone else.

Good luck with the schedule thing and look at it this way: Weekday weddings are MUCH MORE cheaper than weekend. Trust me :) We saved over half.

majomom1

Thanks Ginny J. Honestly, I do appreciate your suggestions primarily.

Its easier to be where you sit; reading replies posted by people who are personally involved in emotional circumstances....that's why we ask for a voice of reason. Our friends are going to tell us to fight, our attorney's want to cause they want to get $$....so isn't that what this post is all about? So, the logical and non-emotional response was what I was looking for and I got it....so, I do mean it. Thanks.
And you are involved in an "unemotional circumstance" yet are here whining to have 1 day... out of 365? And you want to take it to court!?!?!?

Pahlease... let's talk about "emotional"....

md5363

Geez, it starts again! Sorry for offending all of you, really. I had no idea it would cause such a stir. Its not on Mother's Day, I was asking for an hour on the day before......BUT AGAIN, I WAS WRONG! I feel like to need to apologize to everyone on here who I seemed to have pissed off......SO SORRY.

majomom1

you weren't being unreasonable you just didn't know, and if the weekend was any other than Mother's Day weekend I would have said mom should probably bend...but a good rule of thumb to always follow- if it's important- do it on your time so there is almost no chance the other parent can muck it up
Agreed!!!

Any other weekend... we would all be bashing mom...

StampGirl

Geez, it starts again! Sorry for offending all of you, really. I had no idea it would cause such a stir. Its not on Mother's Day, I was asking for an hour on the day before......BUT AGAIN, I WAS WRONG! I feel like to need to apologize to everyone on here who I seemed to have pissed off......SO SORRY.
You are missing the point.

It is HER weekend. She doesn't HAVE to give you any part of it. Is it being snotty? Probably. But oh well. There is nothing you can do.

I personally would NEVER ask for time on Father's Day Weekend/Day and my ex KNOWS to NEVER ask for Mother's Day time either.

That is where people are "slamming" you. Not that you want the time to get married but that you are asking for Mom to give up Mom's Day Weekend time to do it.

wileybunch

Well, does Mom get the WHOLE weekend for Mother's Day? If so, the comments are legit. If not or you're not sure, make sure it's the whole weekend in the first place and not just Sunday.

md5363

"You are missing the point."

It is HER weekend. She doesn't HAVE to give you any part of it. Is it being snotty? Probably. But oh well. There is nothing you can do.

That is where people are "slamming" you."

To everyone on here.....I will say it again. I GET IT! I am NOT missing the point. I GET IT, I GET IT, I GET IT. I did not think I was being unreasonable, but I GET IT now. I don't need to be slammed as I've been saying since 5 posts into this that I WAS WRONG**************I GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I TRULY DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">