• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Update !!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

:DWhat is the name of your state? Florida

background if needed. https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=327157

I just wanted to give an update on my Husbands case. I know I got bashed or though what seemed to be bashing in regards to the term I used for :rolleyes: Mom. But on a side note that is not and has not been how Mom is addressed in reality. Although the term that was used fits her in every since of the word. As some people call some father's sperm donors. Mom has been nothing more than the incubator<sp> that carried these precious girls in for 9 months. Fast forward.

Monday, January 07, 2008 was their final hearing on the Supplemental Modification of Child Custody and Support petition that my husband's lawyer filed with the courts on his behalf August 28, 2006 not even a year after their divorce was finalized.

What was suppose to be a 2 hour hearing turned into an almost 4 hour hearing. After the substantial amount of evidence (over 150 pics., the last 3 years of daily journals, letter written to and from :rolleyes: Mom, Parental Cooridanators report, Behavioral Therapist letter, school reports, letters from daughters teachers and the last 3 years of timesharing calenders with the percentage of time children spent with each parent) the Judge ruled that there had been a substantial change in circumstances and in the best interest of the children to award Permenant Primary Residential Custody to my husband and standard timesharing to Mom. He told Mom that he wasn't giving her an option of paying support that he was ordering her to pay my husband support.

This transition is to take place Sunday, Jaunary 13, 2008 at 5:00p. Dad has not seen his oldest daughter since last Friday until yesterday at his daughter's behavioral therapy appointment. When Mom and his daughter arrived Mom was signing daughter in and his daughter ran over to him and said "I heard the Bad News" and when my husband asked her what bad news was she talking about daughter said "that I won't get to see my mommy no more" he assured her that no was taking her from Mommy and that no one is going to keep her from seeing her Mommy. So with this and Moms previous actions has us wondering what her intensions are going to be. IS or would she really walk out of her daughter's lives? But who knows that bridge will crossed when it gets here. My husband and myself will continue Counseling and Therapy for his oldest daughter who is now 7 and if and when the time comes for his 3 year old if needed.

Although your original thoughts, suggestions and honesty was hard to swallow at first in all honesty was greatly appreciated. I don't do alot of posting and have not posted anything on the case since. I/we have read the site daily. Have learned alot. Definitely has helped alot.

Thanks

casa

:DWhat is the name of your state? Florida

background if needed. https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=327157

I just wanted to give an update on my Husbands case. I know I got bashed or though what seemed to be bashing in regards to the term I used for :rolleyes: Mom. But on a side note that is not and has not been how Mom is addressed in reality. Although the term that was used fits her in every since of the word. As some people call some father's sperm donors. Mom has been nothing more than the incubator<sp> that carried these precious girls in for 9 months. Fast forward.

Monday, January 07, 2008 was their final hearing on the Supplemental Modification of Child Custody and Support petition that my husband's lawyer filed with the courts on his behalf August 28, 2006 not even a year after their divorce was finalized.

What was suppose to be a 2 hour hearing turned into an almost 4 hour hearing. After the substantial amount of evidence (over 150 pics., the last 3 years of daily journals, letter written to and from :rolleyes: Mom, Parental Cooridanators report, Behavioral Therapist letter, school reports, letters from daughters teachers and the last 3 years of timesharing calenders with the percentage of time children spent with each parent) the Judge ruled that there had been a substantial change in circumstances and in the best interest of the children to award Permenant Primary Residential Custody to my husband and standard timesharing to Mom. He told Mom that he wasn't giving her an option of paying support that he was ordering her to pay my husband support.

This transition is to take place Sunday, Jaunary 13, 2008 at 5:00p. Dad has not seen his oldest daughter since last Friday until yesterday at his daughter's behavioral therapy appointment. When Mom and his daughter arrived Mom was signing daughter in and his daughter ran over to him and said "I heard the Bad News" and when my husband asked her what bad news was she talking about daughter said "that I won't get to see my mommy no more" he assured her that no was taking her from Mommy and that no one is going to keep her from seeing her Mommy. So with this and Moms previous actions has us wondering what her intensions are going to be. IS or would she really walk out of her daughter's lives? But who knows that bridge will crossed when it gets here. My husband and myself will continue Counseling and Therapy for his oldest daughter who is now 7 and if and when the time comes for his 3 year old if needed.

Although your original thoughts, suggestions and honesty was hard to swallow at first in all honesty was greatly appreciated. I don't do alot of posting and have not posted anything on the case since. I/we have read the site daily. Have learned alot. Definitely has helped alot.

Thanks
Glad to hear the therapy continues. I hope the girls settle in.

wileybunch

Goodness, hopefully Mom wouldn't walk away. That would be tragic for the kids. I'm just going to guess that Mom was feeling sorry for herself and wanted the kids to feel sorry for her, too, so was exaggerating.

mommyof4

his daughter ran over to him and said "I heard the Bad News" and when my husband asked her what bad news was she talking about daughter said "that I won't get to see my mommy no more" he assured her that no was taking her from Mommy and that no one is going to keep her from seeing her Mommy. So with this and Moms previous actions has us wondering what her intensions are going to be. IS or would she really walk out of her daughter's lives?
I take that as a more typical tactic to try to make the child miserable, thus making the other parent miserable.

It's simple manipulation of a child 101.

Glad things seem to be working out for the best.

Goodness, hopefully Mom wouldn't walk away. That would be tragic for the kids. I'm just going to guess that Mom was feeling sorry for herself and wanted the kids to feel sorry for her, too, so was exaggerating.
Mom has went all summer without seeing said children and even weeks here and there without seeing or talking to the children by her choice not ours. Of the 14 phone calls placed during the summer the children called Mom only two of the times they were able to talk to Mom. One of those times after 5 minutes Mom told daughter she would call back and never did. There were other calls also that was made to Mom but her cell didn't have any minutes on it as it gave a recording "not reachable"

Thanks for the link I did go read it. I have to say that doesn't apply to our situation to say the least. I don't have to prove that to you all that was however proven to the Judge on Monday. I never ever interferred with their co parenting at all .. I did however yes at one time was doing the exchanges because of Mom and Dads works schedule. When Mom got off work Dad was at work.

Mom has never had a problem with me per se other than the fact that yes I am her EX's wife but she herself talks nicely to me. Mom has given me permission to take daughters to and from Dr. when one or both parents were not able to.. Mom has called and asked if "I" could keep the girls because of this and that, knowing that Dad was not here and was working. I have encouraged children to call Mom when they have not talk to her in a ocouple of days. I don't allow them to forget, as I do think it is in their best interest for both parents to be involved. and as I just told a previous poster .. MOM at all cost has avoided doing all of the above

StampGirl

Always remember no matter how "bad" you think Mom is, she is Mom.

Her children will always somewhere in their hearts have loyalty and love for their Mom.

Once steps take this to heart and remember it, the better off all of us Moms will be.

I am a soon-to-be-step-mom and my fiance's son will be living with us. His Mom appreciates that I do respect her as Mom. I would never do otherwise because I personally deal with my Ex's Wife who constatly oversteps her boundaries. To the extent of making my children call her "Mom". *sigh*

Good Luck and maybe Mom will straighted out.

Always remember no matter how "bad" you think Mom is, she is Mom.

Her children will always somewhere in their hearts have loyalty and love for their Mom.

Once steps take this to heart and remember it, the better off all of us Moms will be.

I am a soon-to-be-step-mom and my fiance's son will be living with us. His Mom appreciates that I do respect her as Mom. I would never do otherwise because I personally deal with my Ex's Wife who constatly oversteps her boundaries. To the extent of making my children call her "Mom". *sigh*

Good Luck and maybe Mom will straighted out.
Again I know MY place in all this which is NO where.. This is their fight.. I am not going to argue as this "ME" overstepping as some might see it is IRRELEVANT to this case as I have done NONE of the above and that has been very well proven in the judges, teachers, therapists eyes..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">