• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wedding plans/custody time issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverplum

Whoa.
Tempermental much? :rolleyes:

"You are missing the point."

It is HER weekend. She doesn't HAVE to give you any part of it. Is it being snotty? Probably. But oh well. There is nothing you can do.

That is where people are "slamming" you."

To everyone on here.....I will say it again. I GET IT! I am NOT missing the point. I GET IT, I GET IT, I GET IT. I did not think I was being unreasonable, but I GET IT now. I don't need to be slammed as I've been saying since 5 posts into this that I WAS WRONG**************I GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I TRULY DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fairisfair

"You are missing the point."

It is HER weekend. She doesn't HAVE to give you any part of it. Is it being snotty? Probably. But oh well. There is nothing you can do.

That is where people are "slamming" you."

To everyone on here.....I will say it again. I GET IT! I am NOT missing the point. I GET IT, I GET IT, I GET IT. I did not think I was being unreasonable, but I GET IT now. I don't need to be slammed as I've been saying since 5 posts into this that I WAS WRONG**************I GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I TRULY DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh For God's sake stop apologizing. Everyone is going to have their say, whether you cry like a little girl or not. Learn to enjoy it. joining in is even encouraged. So, when are ya getting married anyway? I want to be sure I can get the day off, or you will have to reschedule. :p;):D

Last edited:

tuffbrk

Well - since everyone's having fun - I think the bestest Mother's Day is when you have a lovely, lovely breakfast together and then the kiddies LEAVE YOU ALONE FOR THE REST OF THE DAY and you finally get a break!

Geez - I can only wish my Ex would be getting married - and if it was on Mother's Day - to me, that would be a bonus! I'd be chuckling, thinking his "new" dummie probably anticipated me saying no or thinking that I'd be bothered and meanwhile - there I'd be planting in the yard, then lounging in the tub, candles, music, a glass of wine, peace, quiet, bliss...sigh - but I digress.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Well - since everyone's having fun - I think the bestest Mother's Day is when you have a lovely, lovely breakfast together and then the kiddies LEAVE YOU ALONE FOR THE REST OF THE DAY and you finally get a break!

Geez - I can only wish my Ex would be getting married - and if it was on Mother's Day - to me, that would be a bonus! I'd be chuckling, thinking his "new" dummie probably anticipated me saying no or thinking that I'd be bothered and meanwhile - there I'd be planting in the yard, then lounging in the tub, candles, music, a glass of wine, peace, quiet, bliss...sigh - but I digress.
That would stop the checks, huh? Talk about daydreaming!! :D:D

nextwife

So why not an early or mid May date - BEFORE dad leaves? I don't get planning an event on a day one doesn't get their kids and then complaining.

Suzz

Preventive thinking

If dad had not already put mom off with his request ... he might have gone about it something like this ...

As a mother's day gift from the children, present Mom with an afternoon at a local day spa for some pampering scheduled for the day in question ... and graciously offer to keep the kids while she is luxuriating.

I know I wouldn't turn down a spa day ... not sure many of us mom's would ...

but it was just a thought

Zephyr

If dad had not already put mom off with his request ... he might have gone about it something like this ...

As a mother's day gift from the children, present Mom with an afternoon at a local day spa for some pampering scheduled for the day in question ... and graciously offer to keep the kids while she is luxuriating.

oooh good one- that would get my attention and my agreement.....:eek: what? everybody has a price.....

tuffbrk

Now, see? That is what I'm talking about! ;) Perfect! Exactly how Mom's should spend the day! But Suzz - the impression that I was getting is that he thinks he should get his way because he thinks its logical, no big deal and he just wants his own way. Period. There were so many options available - although I like yours best!! :)

majomom1

oooh good one- that would get my attention and my agreement.....:eek: what? everybody has a price.....
Well... if my ex and sm gave me a "day at the spa" for Mother's Day and offered to have the kids... I would wonder what they were up to. I guess you can call me paranoid, but I would be afraid that there were something special in the massage oil...:eek:

tuffbrk

LOL!! Oh that would be horrible. You couldn't even enjoy a freebie at the spa.:eek: Far worse than it never being offered would be having it offered and you not being comfortable to enjoy it!

Then again, it would require collusion to make sure something was in the oil they'd use on you, they'd need to know which fo the treatments you'd select, supply a photo...

I'm trying real hard to figure out a way to hang onto this particular fantasy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">