• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medication

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? n/a

Does taking an anti-anxiety medication for anxiety, not depression, affect a courts decision in custody

casa

Does taking an anti-anxiety medication for anxiety, not depression, affect a courts decision in custody
It depends on the circumstances, the history, the specific medications involved, etc. etc.

You'll have to provide more information...and start with what state you live in.

Just Blue

THIS FORUM IS FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT U.S. LAW ONLY
When posting a question, you must include the name of your state!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I am going to say NO it does not matter if dad is on that medication. YOu STILL can NOT control what dad does with HIS child. YOU CHOSE HIM! And it could help you if YOU took it.

I am going to say NO it does not matter if dad is on that medication. YOu STILL can NOT control what dad does with HIS child. YOU CHOSE HIM! And it could help you if YOU took it.
LOL....This is not about dad, just a general question. Dad nor I are on anti-anxiety and I am not trying to control his time or what he does with his child.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken

Yes, it means that one is sane enough to figure out that oneself needs treatment and is willing to seek it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

amber10_79

Yes, it means that one is sane enough to figure out that oneself needs treatment and is willing to seek it. :rolleyes:
Unless of course that medication sedates you so much it interferes with the care of a child....alot of that medication for anxiety will knock you on your butt.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Unless of course that medication sedates you so much it interferes with the care of a child....alot of that medication for anxiety will knock you on your butt.
Prove it. And this according Supermomma is just a question. Neither is on it.

I assure you OG, neither of us are on medication nor are we going to be. I do have a support group that I have discussions with and I thought I'd bring this question on here. Sometimes posters on here need to be told where their fault is and I certainly got my share of it. I wont say that I joined this sit with an open mind, but I certainly have more of an open mind now. I want DS to have dad in his life as much as dad wants to be there. Ill discuss the parenting plan in another thread so that I can get feedback.

Back to my original question. I would think that if some kind of anti-anxiety drug has some serious side effects, the court would just want to make sure that it will not interfere with the care of the child. Its like with anti-depressants. If the drug serves to improve the health of the parent, then there should be no issue, as long as the parent does not abuse the drugs

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">