• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I need to file a response to this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rowan602

wileybunch

I am unable to apply to the schools as I do not live in the district where they are located. The schools that are equidistant are located in the school district that my ex lives in (the largest school district in our county) and I live in a different school district. But he has only applied to one equidistant school, and has applied to 2 that are within 2 miles of his home, and are 18 miles away from mine.

wileybunch

I am unable to apply to the schools as I do not live in the district where they are located. The schools that are equidistant are located in the school district that my ex lives in (the largest school district in our county) and I live in a different school district. But he has only applied to one equidistant school, and has applied to 2 that are within 2 miles of his home, and are 18 miles away from mine.
Ah, I see. Well .... it does sound like your ex has had a lot of control over this change of school situation and hasn't acted appropriately. In your answer to his motion, make sure to specify all those schools that came up in drawing the halfway point that he didn't consider or apply to and how he's trying to steer everything to be in close proximity to his home, in violation of the order. Seek attorney's fees or sanctions for him being in contempt of the order, as well, and have the court force dad to apply to those schools.

Silverplum

Ah, I see. Well .... it does sound like your ex has had a lot of control over this change of school situation and hasn't acted appropriately. In your answer to his motion, make sure to specify all those schools that came up in drawing the halfway point that he didn't consider or apply to and how he's trying to steer everything to be in close proximity to his home, in violation of the order. Seek attorney's fees or sanctions for him being in contempt of the order, as well, and have the court force dad to apply to those schools.
I disagree with you entirely.

wileybunch

I disagree with you entirely.
Well, OK. Dad's going to have a hard time demonstrating he's complied with the order based on what OP has shared here except for the 1 equidistant school he did apply to. He had no right to levy additional terms (ie. that they must be "A" rated schools) and refuse to apply for any other schools in his district, the equidistant point, because of that.

Silverplum

Well, OK. Dad's going to have a hard time demonstrating he's complied with the order based on what OP has shared here except for the 1 equidistant school he did apply to. He had no right to levy additional terms (ie. that they must be "A" rated schools) and refuse to apply for any other schools in his district, the equidistant point, because of that.
Mom's going to have lots of troubles of her own. The judge isn't going to be happy with Mom -- and she's not at all likely to get any sanctions or anything else you recommend.

Bottom line: the new CO puts the new school in Dad's district. Mom is doing all she can to slow down the registration process so that it'll be "too late" to register the child at a school equidistant/in Dad's district.

They're *lucky* to be given the chance to "work together." For them to show up and have FAILED to work together? Not gonna be pretty.

IMHO.

wileybunch

Mom is doing all she can to slow down the registration process so that it'll be "too late" to register the child at a school equidistant/in Dad's district.
I mentioned earlier in my predictions that if they can prove that, the child will end up in a school by Dad.

But, I don't know how Dad's going to explain refusing to look at anything except "A" schools which is the biggest problem here, along with 75% of his school choices being close to his home.

I think making dad apply to other equidistant schools sounds entirely appropriate. How else can it be done if Dad won't do it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">